Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

So will you go?

In the event that we make the final in this competition, will you make the trip to wembley?

Or will it still be a tin pot, crap competition?

How many other fans will get the chance to see their team run out on the hallowed turf?

I went last night, so why ould I note go to the final (should we get there!)

Ill try again...

I went last night, so why would I not go to the final (should we get there!)[/

[quote user="Beauseant"]Surely any proper fan would go?[/quote]

One would hope so.

The points here being that only 12500 turned up last night whereas I would expect demand for final tickets to be 35 - 40000

..and the level of disdain for the competition on here beggars belief. I wonder how many who are slating it would turn up at wembley?

I was there last night - it was a clean sheet,  competetive football to allwo the squad build some understanding between players and to see how fringe players perform. 

A good run is a bonus and will breed confidence

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

I was there last night - it was a clean sheet,  competetive football to allwo the squad build some understanding between players and to see how fringe players perform. 

[/quote]

Agreed!

Of course, would have gone last night but had a few problems. As far as im concerned this is a cup we have not won and we are not going to win the FA Cup so lets let out a full blown attack on this cup and get the crowds and atmosphere bumped up. Scunthorpe managed the final AND promotion last year...why cant we go 1 better and do both? I support NCFC in any competition and hope we have a good crack at this one, i mean be fair this is our best chance to ever win a cup at the new wembley is it not and deserves everyones backing. Other teams win leagues and cups, other teams have won this cup plus been promoted so why should we lower our standards because a few think its a tin pot cup...the same who say its a tin pot cup would be there at wembley kitted out in silly wigs and face paint.

CITY FOR THE LEAGUE AND CUP DOUBLE!!!

[quote user="McCanary"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Surely any proper fan would go?[/quote]

One would hope so.

The points here being that only 12500 turned up last night whereas I would expect demand for final tickets to be 35 - 40000

..and the level of disdain for the competition on here beggars belief. I wonder how many who are slating it would turn up at wembley?

[/quote]

I think you missed the point. The point is that 12,500 DID turn up.

[quote user="McCanary"]

In the event that we make the final in this competition, will you make the trip to wembley?

How many other fans will get the chance to see their team run out on the hallowed turf?

[/quote]

Yes.

I know it''s silverware and I''d be happy to see us win it but it is still only a second-rate competition.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Agreed!

[/quote]

Thirded, I couldn''t go last night because I''m in York (bit far for a weeknight - fairweather tw@t [:D]) but of course I''d be there if we got to the final!!  

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Not quite as they get around 18000 average attendance, but I get what you mean.[/quote]

That 18,000 is because they sold out against Man Utd...normally they get 9-11,000.

Yeah, I''d definitely go if we miraculously made it! It may be tin pot rubbish, but that''s our level now and beggars can''t be choosers.

Yes I was one of 12540 last night got soaked to the skin, not many regulars in the Barclay and some awful attempts with ON THE BALL CITY I doubt any of the knew the words to our great ANTHEM, what was very pleasing was no Colchester in next round, If and when we do get to have a day out in London I will be there    

i''d definitely go...would be a great day out and one of our only chances at the wembley in a long time

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Not quite as they get around 18000 average attendance, but I get what you mean.[/quote]

That 18,000 is because they sold out against Man Utd...normally they get 9-11,000.

[/quote]

Art, I suggest you look it up, they have a ground that can hold 25000, roughly.

2000/01 [L2]6,861[47]10,048 (vs. Bristol City F.C.)[47]
2001/02 [L2]5,771[47]7,783 (vs. Tranmere Rovers F.C.)[47]
2002/03 [L2]7,288[47]12,783 (vs. Oldham Athletic F.C.)[47]
2003/04 [L1]9,526[47]20,669 (vs. West Ham United F.C.)[47]
2004/05 [C]11,155[47]20,745 (vs. Sunderland F.C.)[47]
2005/06 [PL]20,610[47]25,023 (vs. Liverpool F.C.)[47]
2006/07 [PL]18,159[47]24,726 (vs. West Ham United F.C.)[47]
2007/08 [PL]19,046[47]25,113 (vs. Manchester United F.C.)[47]
2008/09 [PL]18,413[47]22,954 (vs. Arsenal F.C.)[48]

Was there last night and will continue to attend the Paint Trophy matches, and will most certainly be trying my hardest to get Wembley tickets if we make it all the way!

I wonder how many will slag this competition off and say how embarrassing it is to be in it... yet go to Wembley if we make it to the final... I think quite a lot...

Doesn''t matter what level of football you play, there are cup competitions for each... whether you are playing in a local league, or you reach the top of the Premiership and play in Europe... ultimately, it''s a competition for our current level. I think there is a certain snobbery in as much as embarrassment for being at this level, but to win it would be amazing - we want to improve on the class of football we play, then we should be able to impress in the competitions of this class to rise above it.

This whole non-smoking thing isn''t half causing me to come out with some drivel this morning...

I will go to the final and maybe the semi if we get that far, but they will be the only JPT games I bother going to

I went last night, and me and a couple of my mates are trying to get to all of the games so we can have claimed to see the whole cup-run (assuming we win :P)

[quote user="McCanary"]

[/quote]

Of course I would go to a Wembley final. I would hazard a guess that you would go too, and that our allocation of tickets would be oversubscribed by about 10,000, at least, should we make it to the final.