Sign in to follow this  
Boyo

Maric.

I have just said in another post how well I think Askou is playing, but now I''m going to have a little moan about Maric!

He has been built up by the people who saw him in pre season as a player who we really need in our team at the moment.  From what I saw last night we may aswell send him on a plane back to where he came from!  He looked lazy, had no first touch, lost the ball alot and he never looked like he knew what to do with the ball so he just had a shot from about twenty five yards alot.

Was not impressed at all.

I am not sure he looked lazy but he was ridiculously out of his depth.  What barcelona ever saw in him I will never know.   Did we buy him based upon some scam of a video??

Thought he had some decent touches and a few good ideas but he was way off the pace.  Not helped by Martin drifting so far away.  Still set Martin off for his goal.

However, he has not played for a month after doingbwell in Scotlandand I will see him a few more times before decidimg.  To judge him on his first 60 mins in a foreign league after a month break with teammates he cannot talk to is both unfair and typically Pink Un!!

Maric has played his whole career in Spain and naturally it will take time for him to adapt to the English game... but seeing him chest the ball down well followed by an over-powered lay off that was so off target it went to a Brentford striker really worried me...

Boyo

I have just said in another post how well I think Askou is playing, but now I''m going to have a little moan about Maric!

He has been built up by the people who saw him in pre season as a player who we really need in our team at the moment.  From what I saw last night we may aswell send him on a plane back to where he came from!  He looked lazy, had no first touch, lost the ball alot and he never looked like he knew what to do with the ball so he just had a shot from about twenty five yards alot.

Was not impressed at all.

100% agree, would ratehr have seen  martin there and hoolahan on the left!

I think he was poor BUT.........he will get better with more games, once the reserves kick off their season, he will get some games under his belt.

We can''t write him off after 60 mins

Whatever Gunn thought of him, Maric seemed to play a "little hard to get", and in the end signed only a one year deal, I think. Was the single year because of Gunn''s doubts and they would not offer him very high wages?Or was it because Maric himself thinks that he is bound for something higher, and regards Norwich as a shop window? If so, he seems to be likely to be disappointed.

I wasn''t impressed with him, and neither was Lambert, you could tell he was annoyed.  He looked slow, had no first touch and didn''t win a single header.  I wouldn''t be surprised if it is the first and last time we see him play in a Norwich shirt.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]I am not sure he looked lazy but he was ridiculously out of his depth.  What barcelona ever saw in him I will never know.   Did we buy him based upon some scam of a video??[/quote]

thats barcelona B! by the way! and they have nothing to do with the main team! just thought i would let you know!

Unlike quite a few people I''m not going to write the bloke off after an hour of competitive football.

He didn''t look fit to me....lets see how he gets on in the reserves and then hopefully as a sub for the first team.

[quote user="The Vocalist"]Didn''t see the match, was he that bad?[/quote]Not as bad as some of the comments on here, but not great.Positional sense wasn''t too bad and to be fair he never got anything approching a ball through to give him a chance to test the keeper properly.He looked half a yard off the pace which is forgivable given his lack of match fitness. However he also looked a good few pounds overweight which is poor form imo. There''s a gym at Colney Goran, use it. And lay off the pies.Still think he''ll come good for us after a few games in the reserves and a drive-thru free diet.

[quote user="canarywales"]give him a chance , new country , new language , different style of football  and lacking games[/quote]

Yep,people on here are far too quick to write players off!! Nelson for example...

Thought he held the ball up well, made some good runs, nice touches. Relieved that the transfer window is shut otherwise I could see one or two lower Prem sides sniffing about

More people writing a player off after an hour of football.

Like someone said above.... Nelson anyone??

He''s barely played any footy and isn''t match fit, hardly fair to judge him on that alone. If he turns out to be crap fair enough, but i suspect like so many previous players, Lambert has already made his mind up and that will be the last we see of Maric.

There have been worse and lets face it we know a thing or two about crap strikers, Coote, Coney, Benjamin, the list is substantial and whilst I wasn’t exactly left with the sense we have uncovered a gem he certainly wasn’t as bad as some people seem to think.

Best thing would be to get him out on loan to get to grips with the rigours of the English game for a few months and the reassess him.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

There have been worse and lets face it we know a thing or two about crap strikers, Coote, Coney, Benjamin, the list is substantial and whilst I wasn’t exactly left with the sense we have uncovered a gem he certainly wasn’t as bad as some people seem to think.

Best thing would be to get him out on loan to get to grips with the rigours of the English game for a few months and the reassess him.

[/quote]tbh i think you take Big Trev out of that list [:P] he was quality. replace him with Jamie lad and Carl Cort [:)]

I didn''t make it to the game yesterday so can''t really comment on maric''s potential for success, but if this brentford side was anything like the one I saw at griffin park then talk about a baptism of fire! They are the biggest and most physical side we''ve played this season in my opinion. When the ball was played in the air to holt the other week he didn''t get a sniff.

I''m not saying maric will come good necessarily, but don''t write him off yet. I think he''s got something about him, just needs to build his confidence up a bit, easier said than done from the bench/reserves.

[quote user="Jonnypncfc"]

thats barcelona B! by the way! and they have nothing to do with the main team! just thought i would let you know![/quote]Of course they do- they are to Barca what our reserves are to us. The only difference being that ''B'' teams in Spain are allowed to play in the league system.

He has gone from playing regular football to being forgotten about and according to one witness; "training with the Academy team" No real surprise when he has a poor game. There are disturbing rumours about Lamberts man management style, if you are not in favour then God help you!