Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

We go with what we've got

Goalkeepers:Theodropalot, Dec,  Rudd, Fraser,  Forster, and Ben Alnwick.Left defenders:Rhoys Wiggins, Adam Drury and Lappin.Central defenders:Michael Nelson, Spillane, Doherty and Jens Bertel Askou.Right backs: J.O, Spillane.Left midfielders:Hoolahan and Lappin.Central Midfielders:Gill, OTJ, Russell, Smith, Hughes, AdeyemiRigh midfielders:Whaley and Paul McVeigh.Forwards:Cody, Holt, Curo, Maric, Martin and Daley.In your humble opinions is that SQUAD good enough to keep us in the top 6 until christmas (where we could recruit reinforcements?). I''d take a loan right back on and thats about it. It is crucial that Lambert keeps the key players happy and the fringe players chomping at the bit and at a good enough standard to make a difference if needed. Shoot[Y]

That squad is good enough providing they are motivated and organised by a competent backroom team - on the evidence of the last three games we may have finally found that but we will know more after another three league games.

You are excused then.

I think the squad is more than capable of to 6 by jan, just like to see more from a few of them, namely Whaley, McDonald, Martin and OTJ

Goalkeepers:Theoklitos, Rudd, Steer, Forster, AlnwickLeft defenders:Wiggins, Drury, Habergham and Lappin.Central defenders:Nelson, Spillane, Doherty, Bertel Askou, Dumic, Stephens.Right backs: J.O, Spillane.Left midfielders:Hoolahan and Lappin.Central Midfielders:Gill, OTJ, Russell, Smith, Hughes, AdeyemiRigh midfielders:Whaley and McVeigh.Forwards:Cody, Holt, Curo, Maric, Martin and Daley.

It is good enough to make the playoffs, given that Lambert is as good as we hope he is. I think the first real test is how we fare at franchise fc on the 14th, we have beaten two teams thus far in the league that will be struggling to avoid relegation.

Goalkeepers:Theoklitos, Rudd, Steer, Forster, AlnwickLeft defenders:Wiggins, Drury, Habergham and Lappin.Central defenders:Nelson, Spillane, Doherty, Bertel Askou, Dumic, Stephens, Kelly.Right backs: J.O, Spillane.Left midfielders:Hoolahan and Lappin.Central Midfielders:Gill, OTJ, Russell, Smith, Hughes, Adeyemi, Lathrope.Righ midfielders:Whaley and McVeigh.Forwards:Cody, Holt, Curo, Maric, Martin, Kelly and Daley.

The only problems I can see are the distinct lack of pace in wide areas and a consistent goalscoring threat from midfield. These are two of the major problems we have had in the squad for the last few years and don''t seem to have been solved.

My pre-season prediction was that we would just miss out on the play-offs but hopefully our new management team can help us gain the extra few points to just squeeze in. We''ll know a lot more after the next month or so when we face a few tricky away games plus Chalton at home.

Forster and Rudd

Semmy, Nelson, Askou, Drury, Whiggins, Spillane

WLY, Lappin, Hughes, Smith, Adeyemi, OTJ, Whaley

Holt, Cody, Jamie Martin

There the guys that look like they''re going to be in the squad.

I have faith in that squad to get us in or around the top 6 come January aslong as we have a little bit of luck with injuries etc.

Hughes has scored, Adeyemi has scored, Hoolahan has scored, Lappin has scored.  How are there no goals from midfield?This obsession with "pace" in wide areas is also a red herring.  Croft and Whaley had/have pace - both are ineffective.  McVeigh and Lappin have offered far more going forward and neither have pace, but they can pass, link play, cross and beat a man.  So what the obsession with pace??

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

The only problems I can see are the distinct lack of pace in wide areas and a consistent goalscoring threat from midfield. These are two of the major problems we have had in the squad for the last few years and don''t seem to have been solved.

My pre-season prediction was that we would just miss out on the play-offs but hopefully our new management team can help us gain the extra few points to just squeeze in. We''ll know a lot more after the next month or so when we face a few tricky away games plus Chalton at home.

[/quote]