Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Jerry

I heard the ''Jerry'' chant for the first time last night....is he the steward in the Lower Barclay Block E?!

If so, kudos for him for getting his own chant!

To be honest, in never started as a chant. About 3 or 4 seasons ago, i think it was against West Ham, he sat down infront of Barclay C and my mate shouted out ''Fck me it''s Jerry Springer''. This carried on for a couple of weeks then cottoned on by a big fat lad two rows in front who started the chant off. Made a change really, as the guy in questions usual input, was kick ''em in the face!'', to anyone who came within 6 foot of the by line.

..if anyone saw a tattooed guy hug jerry mid chant in block E, then that was me. Long live Jerry!

Is this just a cup game thing? I sit in E for league games and generally most of the stewards are annoying and just ask us to sit down all the time. One guy on the front row got physically pushed into his seat against Colchester by a steward which was a joke considering how we were playing!

[quote user="eagle"]Is this just a cup game thing? I sit in E for league games and generally most of the stewards are annoying and just ask us to sit down all the time. One guy on the front row got physically pushed into his seat against Colchester by a steward which was a joke considering how we were playing![/quote]It happened at the Wycombe game as well didn''t it?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="eagle"]Is this just a cup game thing? I sit in E for league games and generally most of the stewards are annoying and just ask us to sit down all the time. One guy on the front row got physically pushed into his seat against Colchester by a steward which was a joke considering how we were playing![/quote]

It happened at the Wycombe game as well didn''t it?
[/quote]

I missed that. Was at Chester races. Just never really heard it myself and think it seems strange that people would rather shout at a steward than the 22 people they have paid to watch play football.

Well eagle, you obviously weren''t at the brentford game because the jerry chants actually made what was possibly one of the most dire games ive seen at carra since 1990, quite fun...

[quote user="nu_matik"]Well eagle, you obviously weren''t at the brentford game because the jerry chants actually made what was possibly one of the most dire games ive seen at carra since 1990, quite fun...[/quote]

I chose to sit somewhere different for the Brentford game. Don''t think I would join in the jerry chants anyway to be honest.

The cup game against Sunderland was also overshadowed by the great Jerry chants ;)! ''Jerry, get in goal! Jerry, Jerry get in goal!''