Sign in to follow this  
Worf

Lincoln Manager Sacked

Anyone seen that the Lincoln City manager Peter Jackson, the man who saved them from relegation to the Conference whilst himself battling throat cancer, has just been sacked after 5 games.

Bloomin'' cruel game isn''t it?!

[quote user="Worf"]

Anyone seen that the Lincoln City manager Peter Jackson, the man who saved them from relegation to the Conference whilst himself battling throat cancer, has just been sacked after 5 games.

[/quote]

Nasty and ruthless if you ask me ! Lincoln haven''t got a puffed up self-important little Scotsman as their MD have they ?

I know it''s often been discussed on here but this reminds me of our club''s treatment of a certain silver haired manager who had to battle all season with a wife who was dying from terminal cancer and then got the sack. We just avoided relegation after two or three great results at the end of the season so, yes, we hadn''t done well but it was pretty understandable as Mike Walker had had major worries at home. Least we could have done was to have given him the first few months of the new season but he was denied that.

[quote user="Worf"]

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn

Could be the ideal opportunity for Cam to put his vast knowledge of football,players,training to the test.

After all he is a mojor shareholder of Lincoln he tells us.

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Worf"]

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn
[/quote]

Yeah but Gunn was useless and got us relegated and hammered 1-7 by the ingrates down the road.

[quote user="Worf"]

[/quote]Maybe they let him go so he could focus more on helping out on the Hobbit set ?

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Worf"]

[/quote]

Nasty and ruthless if you ask me ! Lincoln haven''t got a puffed up self-important little Scotsman as their MD have they ?

I know it''s often been discussed on here but this reminds me of our club''s treatment of a certain silver haired manager who had to battle all season with a wife who was dying from terminal cancer and then got the sack. We just avoided relegation after two or three great results at the end of the season so, yes, we hadn''t done well but it was pretty understandable as Mike Walker had had major worries at home. Least we could have done was to have given him the first few months of the new season but he was denied that.

[/quote]

Sounds like you have some issues letting go of the past.

I suppose you were Neil Doncasters biggest fan too ?

[quote user="Worf"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Worf"]

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn
[/quote]

Yeah but Gunn was useless and got us relegated and hammered 1-7 by the ingrates down the road.

[/quote]

So, on the basis of your logic David Moyes should have been sacked for being hammered 6 -1 at home to Arsenal ? Wake up and smell the coffee, Gunn''s sacking was stupid and misguided and only happened because trumped up little david McNapoleon didn''t like the fact that Gunn had been confirmed as manager in advance of him joining as MD and he wanted to make his McMark.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Worf"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Worf"]

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn[/quote]

[/quote]

So, on the basis of your logic David Moyes should have been sacked for being hammered 6 -1 at home to Arsenal ? Wake up and smell the coffee, Gunn''s sacking was stupid and misguided and only happened because trumped up little david McNapoleon didn''t like the fact that Gunn had been confirmed as manager in advance of him joining as MD and he wanted to make his McMark.

[/quote]Your insults towards DM are rather childish.   

[quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Worf"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Worf"]

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bob, out of the last 6 managers Gunn has the worst record in terms of points per game by quiet a distance. I for one applaud DM on the balls he had to act swiftly to remove someone who was taking the club in a wrong direction. Also on your basis of logic above your saying that Colchester and Arsenal are comparable teams??? Arsenal were always going to beat Everton just a question of by how much, Colchester on the other hand should have no right to come here and win like they did.

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The board made the decision to sack him, not McNally on his own.  His job as CEO was to carry out the board''s decision.

Deciding to appoint Gunn (or indeed any other manager) while there were only three effective board members was the most stupendously idiotic decision that D&M have ever made.  It breached the club''s constitution in spirit if not in letter, and it was bound to end in tears. 

May I suggest that David Moyes has a slightly better managerial record than Bryan Gunn? 

While I wish Peter Jackson very best recovering from his illness. Lincoln have been struggling and have decided a new manager is the best course of action for their football club, wtf does it matter whether the manager is ill or not. Are we suggesting that we should positively discriminate in this situation?

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gunn should never have been given the full-time job after Charlton and relegation.  Then against Colchester to pick Otsemobor instead of Spillane, two immobile centre-backs together, instead of at least having Askou, and his worst goalkeeper, and then not to make half-time changes was ''suicidal'' and naive in the extreme. It''s a pity that we didn''t have Lambert last season.   

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Bob Franklin"][quote user="Worf"][quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Worf"]

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The board made the decision to sack him, not McNally on his own.  His job as CEO was to carry out the board''s decision.

Deciding to appoint Gunn (or indeed any other manager) while there were only three effective board members was the most stupendously idiotic decision that D&M have ever made.  It breached the club''s constitution in spirit if not in letter, and it was bound to end in tears. 

May I suggest that David Moyes has a slightly better managerial record than Bryan Gunn? 

[/quote]

You honestly think that The Stowmarket Two + The Chicken Farmer actually WANTED to sack Gunn the legend after the first match of the season, disastrous though it was??

No chance, that result simply gave McN the chance he needed to tell the rest of the directors what they should do. McN made ''the decision'', the others simply nodded, reluctantly, in agreement.     

It is a very sad situation because Jacko is a nice bloke but that''s football today.  It hasn''t worked out although not entirely his fault I would say - some of it just part of League Two syndrome.  Lincoln have lost some good players because they are unable to match wages offered in higher divisions and, unfortunately, the replacements (up front) have proved to be less than scintillating.  Poor choice of attackers has cost him.

He did however find some good players including the keeper who is probably the best in League Two at the moment.  Terrible start to the season and fans on his back from Burton onwards.  Not very nice.

[/quote]

just ask Mr gunn[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Do you not think David Moyes might have been in just a teeny little bit of trouble if that 1-6 drubbing was at the hands of Colchester and not Arsenal???The rest of your post just makes me laugh. My my you are bitter.

I do respect other peoples opinions on here. However, people saying Gunn shouldnt have been sacked, and nailing McNally as arrogent and cut throatish I find a little frustrating.

In my opinion, McNally is the best thing to happen to this "football club" in years, Gunn should have gone sooner. He didn''t. McNally arrived, saw the weakness, and made changes immediately.

I was at the Yeovil game... Gunn''s last in charge. We won 4-0, but that''s only because Yeovil were soo ****ing terrible on the day. Trust me, they were really poor lol.

McNally has been firm, taken action, and brought in a manager capable of at least getting us back into the Championship.

Saturday we''ll be playing for our 3rd back to back win in the league... this season (we were bottom when gunn was finally pushed) has been turned around...

Yes, Gunn made some good signings. Yes, Gunns a nice guy, Yes, Gunns a legend and always will be... but a manager he was not.

McNally and Lambert have been brilliant so far, I''m loving the fact we have someone like McNally. I''d rather he be here, than against us. He''s quite brutal... as Colchester found out recently.