Sign in to follow this  
Wooftie

Lambert's inactivity...

I assumed Gunn''s hasty sacking was to do with the fact to give the new manager time in the window, to bring in new players, and remove any dead wood... However, he has done nothing other than realease Stefanovic (assuming a deal hasn''t been completed and not announced yet). Is this a complement to Gunn''s signings, or did he not have any money to spend, in which case, why didn''t we give Gunny more of a chance?

Don''t get me wrong, I praise Lambert and his managing skills, but it just got me thinking of how much of a shambles we are..

I don''t think Gunn''s "hasty sacking" was anything other than a realisation by the new members of the board that Gunn was not going to be able to achieve what they wanted. Nothing to do with the timing regarding signings etc. And as for clearing out dead wood and bringing others in, the emergency loan system can and has been used to circumnavigate the transfer window. I highly suspect once that reopens, Lambert will try again to secure any player he''s narrowly missed out on.

[quote user="Wooftie"]I assumed Gunn''s hasty sacking was to do with the fact to give the new manager time in the window, to bring in new players, and remove any dead wood... However, he has done nothing other than realease Stefanovic (assuming a deal hasn''t been completed and not announced yet). Is this a complement to Gunn''s signings, or did he not have any money to spend, in which case, why didn''t we give Gunny more of a chance? Don''t get me wrong, I praise Lambert and his managing skills, but it just got me thinking of how much of a shambles we are..[/quote]

"Gunn''s hasty sacking"...it was three months too LATE pal. Lambo had to sell before he could buy, and lo and behold, no-one wanted any of our losers.

He''ll have to work with what he''s got, but thank God Gunn has gone.

If Lambert needed money so much surely he would have sold a couple of players. I mean bids MUST have come in for Russell and Hoolahan? They must have been stingy but given our position we should be taking whatever we can get for players like this. As for Doc, Im afraid his career may be over. I just cant see a proffesional footbal team wanting his services. Even in League 2? I think Lambert is happy with the players he''s got, or else he would have surely offloaded them to the highest bidder?

[quote user="Wooftie"]I assumed Gunn''s hasty sacking was to do with the fact to give the new manager time in the window, to bring in new players, and remove any dead wood... However, he has done nothing other than realease Stefanovic (assuming a deal hasn''t been completed and not announced yet). Is this a complement to Gunn''s signings, or did he not have any money to spend, in which case, why didn''t we give Gunny more of a chance? Don''t get me wrong, I praise Lambert and his managing skills, but it just got me thinking of how much of a shambles we are..[/quote]

because he was a sh** manager who was unable to motivate. Look at the results since Lambert took over they speak for them self.

TheCanaryFan - May I ask your reasons behind believing we should "Take what we can get" for a player like Hoolahan. I''m surprised by the amount of people who think he''s shocking. He''s a very creative player that most teams in League 1 (that''s right league 1) would be absolutely ecstatic to have in their squad. Don''t get me wrong, I''d have been happy to sell if a good offer came in, but to "take what we can get" would be foolish for a player of his calibre.

here here big dog and baldrick. we''d of been in the conference in two years if gunn was still manager. i stopped supporting them when gunn was announced as manager and cheered from the high heavens when i saw the half time score against col utd. now for the first time in years i''m fully behind the team with a young enthusiastic ''football manager'' (that''s what gunn wasn''t) and a forward thinking chief executive and chairman. as you can gather i''ve just joined this forum!

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

because he was a sh** manager who was unable to motivate. Look at the results since Lambert took over they speak for them self.

[/quote]In that case Roeder was World Class based on his start!  Early results mean nothing, lets wait till Xmas and then judge...

The loan window opens in a week''s time, expect Hoolahan and Doc to be loaned elsewhere and the wage savings to be spent on some loanees coming in.

[quote user="Wooftie"]I assumed Gunn''s hasty sacking was to do with the fact to give the new manager time in the window, to bring in new players, and remove any dead wood... However, he has done nothing other than realease Stefanovic (assuming a deal hasn''t been completed and not announced yet). Is this a complement to Gunn''s signings, or did he not have any money to spend, in which case, why didn''t we give Gunny more of a chance?

Don''t get me wrong, I praise Lambert and his managing skills, but it just got me thinking of how much of a shambles we are..[/quote]Wait for the couple of loanee''s!

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote]

In that case Roeder was World Class based on his start!  Early results mean nothing, lets wait till Xmas and then judge...
[/quote]

Rodent is and was a complete wan***. His record is a one season hit then relegation, sounds familiar. Lambert is young and hungry and not a knob like Rodent. Also that complete tosser Doncas*** has gone and been replaced by a ruthless C/E. Nice people come second and that has been the clubs problem. We now have a spine and will fight. 

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote]

In that case Roeder was World Class based on his start!  Early results mean nothing, lets wait till Xmas and then judge...
[/quote]

Rodent is and was a complete wan***. His record is a one season hit then relegation, sounds familiar. Lambert is young and hungry and not a knob like Rodent. Also that complete tosser Doncas*** has gone and been replaced by a ruthless C/E. Nice people come second and that has been the clubs problem. We now have a spine and will fight. 

[/quote]

Ruthless or a chancer depending on whether you support Norwich or Fulham.[:P][:|]

Hearing him speak after the game tonight, I don''t think that it was for the lack of trying.  To virtually give players away who are worth something would not make sense.  His comments also suggested some activity in the loan market and I suspect that that might well mean out and in.  I think Lambert has also had his hands full trying to steady what was a sinking ship in recent weeks and I have to say that so far I''m impressed.  You get the clear impression that he''s the boss and there''s one way to play - "his" way.

I think Gunny made good signings (Askou, Holt and Hughes just to name a few) and I think that Lambert can get the best out of them. If he keep signing more and more then they won''t gell and others may start to feel that they arent needed such as Dejan and that can affect the whole squad if you are not careful.

I would have been more concerned if he had suddenly brought a few in. He needs to assess and get the best out of what he has before he sells and buys. I few weeks ago Nelson looked a lost cause but after 2 excellent performances and 2 clean sheets he and Askou look to be the first choice centre backs for me. We will be able to exploit the loan market soon and i susspect we will with a view to players staying in january and also some leaving. It is also clear that the youngsters in different combinations will feature heavily this season which is the Norwich way and i am pleased to be seeing that again

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I don''t think Gunn''s "hasty sacking" was anything other than a realisation by the new members of the board that Gunn was not going to be able to achieve what they wanted. Nothing to do with the timing regarding signings etc. And as for clearing out dead wood and bringing others in, the emergency loan system can and has been used to circumnavigate the transfer window. I highly suspect once that reopens, Lambert will try again to secure any player he''s narrowly missed out on.
[/quote]

Hopefully if Doc is really wanted by Watford, we will see him move late Sept. / early Oct on a 3 month loan with a perm. sale being lined up for Jan 2010.