Sign in to follow this  
barclay boy

Dejan a disgrace

I am not sure if there has already been a post on here about this but i apologise if there is.

Firstly i think it is disgusting that he leaves straight after returning from full fitness and being on probably 10k a week its a complete joke. This bloke is a great example of modern day footballers that just want money and show no respect for the club. The thought of him using all the phyisos time and the clubs money to get him back to full fitness and then for him to announce that he wants to leave is a complete disgrace and leaves me fuming how players think they can walk all over the club.

What are everyone else''s thoughts on this

Think its difficult to call him a disgrace when you have no idea whats gone on.

I''m not going to pretend i know anything, but its obvious the club doesn''t want the high earners here. Stefanovic publicly said he wanted to stay, Hoolahan said publicaly he wanted to stay, but it doesn''t seem to matter. Norwich want cheap and Stefanovic and Hoolahan are probably 2 of the higher earners.

True, thanks for your opinion i know the club wanted to get rid of the high earners but surely something could of been done before he was fully fit, thats what makes me angry leaving straight after coming through injury.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]the club should have worked this out earlier![/quote]

That statement is applicable to so many of the things that have happened over the past 4 years.

Wouldn''t suprise me if Dejan was asked to find another Club as we couldn''t afford his wages. No hard feelings from me, I''m pretty sure he didn''t want to spend the majority of one of his final playing years on the treatment table.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]the club should have worked this out earlier![/quote]

That statement is applicable to so many of the things that have happened over the past 4 years.

Wouldn''t suprise me if Dejan was asked to find another Club as we couldn''t afford his wages. No hard feelings from me, I''m pretty sure he didn''t want to spend the majority of one of his final playing years on the treatment table.

[/quote]

I can confirm that that''s exactly what happened. The player wanted to stay but as one our highest earners it wasn''t practical. It annoys me that he''s getting stick for it.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

I can confirm that that''s exactly what happened. The player wanted to stay but as one our highest earners it wasn''t practical. It annoys me that he''s getting stick for it.[/quote]

Me 3

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

I can confirm that that''s exactly what happened. The player wanted to stay but as one our highest earners it wasn''t practical. It annoys me that he''s getting stick for it.[/quote]

By what authority do you ''.........confirm that that''s exactly what happened''?

If you let us know then we could assess the value of your assertion and, perhaps, help you to avoid the need to get even more annoyed. 

OTBC

Surely if he had really wanted to stay, he''d be prepared to take a cut in wages? After all, he''s not about to walk into a team who will offer him a contract, not with all the injury problems he''s had in the past year. Having said that, he may have a career lined up in something else football or non-football related?

[quote user="sig"]Surely if he had really wanted to stay, he''d be prepared to take a cut in wages? After all, he''s not about to walk into a team who will offer him a contract, not with all the injury problems he''s had in the past year. Having said that, he may have a career lined up in something else football or non-football related?[/quote]

Would you take a cut in wages at your job if they said that was the only way to stay or start looking elsewhere? Im sure all works unions would kick up a fuss if a factory told all its workers they had to take a pay cut.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

By what authority do you ''.........confirm that that''s exactly what happened''?

If you let us know then we could assess the value of your assertion and, perhaps, help you to avoid the need to get even more annoyed. 

OTBC

[/quote]

Wrong thread Bly.

We''re discussing matters relating to NCFC in season 2009/10.

There''s sure to be thread about the Cup run along soon that you can join in.

Until then it''s probably best that you stick to point scoring and griping.

Well all need to play to our strengths.

Wake up, that''s exactly what''s happening in the current economic climate. People having to work shorter hours/take pay-cuts in order to keep their jobs.

I understood that footballing contracts often had a pay-cut clause in them in the event of relegation. I was merely suggesting the contract could be looked at again and changed accordingly if it suited both parties, which clearly it doesn''t!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Wrong thread Bly.

[/quote]

So you''re not going to answer the question concerning......confirm?

[quote user="sig"]Wake up, that''s exactly what''s happening in the current economic climate. People having to work shorter hours/take pay-cuts in order to keep their jobs. I understood that footballing contracts often had a pay-cut clause in them in the event of relegation. I was merely suggesting the contract could be looked at again and changed accordingly if it suited both parties, which clearly it doesn''t![/quote]

People are not taking pay cuts {I speak from experience as I run my own business and have contacts with various businesses in the uk and europe} they are being laid off and having hours cut. If a company trys to make you take a pay cut, the union gets involved. Workers have rights.

Surely by being made to work shorter hours, they are taking a cut in their pay?

In a business like football, where circumstances can change, surely there is be an opportunity to renegotiate a contract? Perhaps this happened with Dejan, perhaps not?

[quote user="Beauseant"]I can confirm that that''s exactly what happened. The player wanted to stay but as one our highest earners it wasn''t practical. It annoys me that he''s getting stick for it.[/quote]That''s the way I read his situation too.I''d guess he''s been told "look, you''re not gonna get a game, how much of your contract do we have to pay you to s*d off?"

[quote user="barclay boy "]True, thanks for your opinion i know the club wanted to get rid of the high earners but surely something could of been done before he was fully fit, thats what makes me angry leaving straight after coming through injury.[/quote]

Agree, but it is no different to anyone on this message board. If you suffered an accident and work paid you for say 6 months or something, you wouldn''t take a new job if you could get the full benefit from your previous job first. No one would look down on you for doing that and i don''t think we should Dejan.

I think this is just the unfortunate turn of events it took with him. Sods law and all that.

I''m sure I read after our relegation an article where Dejan said he had taken a pay cut as it was in his contract in case of going down, would he still have a been a top earner?

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Wrong thread Bly.

[/quote]

I can confirm that I smell an insider spinning away, but letting her slip show.

Hmm...

Now let''s see - first post 26 July 2008....

Hmm...

Sniff. Sniff.

Hmm...

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Wrong thread Bly.

[/quote]

I can confirm that I smell an insider spinning away, but letting her slip show.

Hmm...

Now let''s see - first post 26 July 2008....

Hmm...

Sniff. Sniff.

Hmm...

OTBC 

[/quote]

Yes, follow that trail my little bloodhound.

There will be a lovely prize at the end.

Did I ever tell you how to boil an egg?

No more clues now, don''t want to spoil the fun!

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="sig"]Surely if he had really wanted to stay, he''d be prepared to take a cut in wages? After all, he''s not about to walk into a team who will offer him a contract, not with all the injury problems he''s had in the past year. Having said that, he may have a career lined up in something else football or non-football related?[/quote]

Would you take a cut in wages at your job if they said that was the only way to stay or start looking elsewhere? Im sure all works unions would kick up a fuss if a factory told all its workers they had to take a pay cut.

[/quote]

Well the workers at BA have just agreed to that Arthur.[:|]

[quote user="barclay boy "]

I am not sure if there has already been a post on here about this but i apologise if there is.

Firstly i think it is disgusting that he leaves straight after returning from full fitness and being on probably 10k a week its a complete joke. This bloke is a great example of modern day footballers that just want money and show no respect for the club. The thought of him using all the phyisos time and the clubs money to get him back to full fitness and then for him to announce that he wants to leave is a complete disgrace and leaves me fuming how players think they can walk all over the club.

What are everyone else''s thoughts on this

[/quote]we will have had insurance covering his wage until fully fit i presume.

yes.. its a disgrace that a player in his 30''s suffers an injury that a 20 year old player would of struggled to get fit quickly form.

Its a disgrace that Dejan misses a year due to injury...

its a disgrace that the squad develops around him and simply becomes suprlus to requirements through no fault of his own.

and its a disgrace that a footballer gets what he wants in wages because clubs are stupid enough to cave in and pay him it...

a bloody disgrace!

jas :)

I''m sure i read he wanted to go. First he wanted to stay then he wanted to go.