Sign in to follow this  
ncfcrule

does anyone feel the same as me about young cody?

don''t get me wrong i love the kid, and would love him to  be the goalscorer we all wish him to be!

But i just have a reservation about him, when he cae on the other night, i just thought he was as fiesty as ever but thought his touch was a bit off, and that has been very siilar fro what i''ve seen a few games this season. There was also one 5 foot pass which i remember he made and went about 5 feet the wrong side of the place he intended.

I think his pace is immense, and think he does have the potential, but i also thinktoo much is expected from this kid and i have a feeling he may not be the superstar we all think and wish!

thoughts?

OTBC

[quote user="ncfcrule"]

don''t get me wrong i love the kid, and would love him to  be the goalscorer we all wish him to be!

But i just have a reservation about him, when he cae on the other night, i just thought he was as fiesty as ever but thought his touch was a bit off, and that has been very siilar fro what i''ve seen a few games this season. There was also one 5 foot pass which i remember he made and went about 5 feet the wrong side of the place he intended.

I think his pace is immense, and think he does have the potential, but i also thinktoo much is expected from this kid and i have a feeling he may not be the superstar we all think and wish!

thoughts?

OTBC

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. He has been massively overhyped, largely as a result of people''s desperation for a decent striker. The fact is that he''s made a huge step up in class and could really do with an extended period of coming off the bench. I agree that he has the potential to be very good, but it''s all promise at this stage, and there''s a real danger that his development could be damaged by pushing him too far too fast. Hopefully Lambert will bring in a decent partner for Holt on loan (surely he can''t see Barndoor as a long term solution) and let Cody develop in his own time, hopefully in a sucessful squad.

I think he has definately got the minerals, but he does have to be eased into the team, rather than having a regular start. Maybe starting him 1 in 3 games would help, then bringing him on on about 70 mins in other games. I think he does have the potential to be a very good striker, maybe even top end championship.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Maric too rubbish...

[/quote]

haha, classic, but yes tha guy is rubbish!!!

I would start him every game as his pace terrifies defenders. He always looks likely to score especially when partnered with Holt.

[quote user="ncfcrule"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Maric too rubbish...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Based on 60 mins after a month''s inactivity.  Glad to see you have given him a fair chance and  haven''t done the usual Pink Un thing of jumping to damning conclusions on a first impression.  Especially as this thread is about Cody being overhyped after a stunning start and the need for a longerterm, more balanced view of his ability!!!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="ncfcrule"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Maric too rubbish...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Based on 60 mins after a month''s inactivity.  Glad to see you have given him a fair chance and  haven''t done the usual Pink Un thing of jumping to damning conclusions on a first impression.  Especially as this thread is about Cody being overhyped after a stunning start and the need for a longerterm, more balanced view of his ability!!!

[/quote]

fair enough mate, maybe i''m too quick to jump on his back, lets hope they both turn out good :-)

But What You Have To Remember Is That He Hasn''t Even Played A Year Of ''League'' Football Yet! [:D] He Does Have Amazing Pace, And The Ability To Get Past Defenders [Y]

Couldnt disagree more.Cody''s problem at the moment is that he hasnt had much match time, he had a few injuries pre season and he''s clearly not 100% match sharp. Cureton needs to be dropped and Cody needs to get a few 90 mins under his belt, then we''d see more of him.When Cody''s on the field we look far more threatening, as his pace and wasp like frontline play is very effective. I remember a fantastic header against Sunderland to set up Hoolahans goal. The boy just needs match time, unbelivable that Lambert''s giving the nod to Cureton so far.

[quote user="Barclayman (your Carrow Road SuperHero)"]Couldnt disagree more.

Cody''s problem at the moment is that he hasnt had much match time, he had a few injuries pre season and he''s clearly not 100% match sharp. Cureton needs to be dropped and Cody needs to get a few 90 mins under his belt, then we''d see more of him.

When Cody''s on the field we look far more threatening, as his pace and wasp like frontline play is very effective. I remember a fantastic header against Sunderland to set up Hoolahans goal.

The boy just needs match time, unbelivable that Lambert''s giving the nod to Cureton so far.

As I posted after the Exeter game he looked like on burnout, and needs to be brought in on a gradual pace. He was building Scaffolds 18 months ago, full match fitness takes time give him 20 or so minutes here and there and perhaps longer in the paint tin he will get the fitness he requires just give him a bit of time, Question is How long?

last season he was a little bit different that we had not seen for a few years so all the fans were getting excited, but now people know about him he sees to have become a more normal player without the hype!

I love the kid and hope he has a really good career at Norwich, but i would rather see him everyother game playing well rather than every game but lacking confidence etc!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Nice guy but massivly over hyped by many posters on here.............I reckon Martin''s ahead of him in Lambo''s thnking.[/quote]Ever seen him play Wiz??????I couldn''t work out, but I think it was petenorw who said that he might have been suffering a bit from playing 90 mins week in week out at the start of the season, and I agree.  He needs to be used as an impact sub, and he will score goals, his determination alone will get them.  Martin is average to poor at best, and it is clear he still thinks he''s too big for his boots when he went to the Barclay and turned and pointed to his name on Tues night.And Wiz, after seeing both Cureton for the last 3 seasons, and Cody for however many games he has played, if you asked me to pick either one it would be Cody every time.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Nice guy but massivly over hyped by many posters on here.............I reckon Martin''s ahead of him in Lambo''s thnking.[/quote]

Ever seen him play Wiz??????

I couldn''t work out, but I think it was petenorw who said that he might have been suffering a bit from playing 90 mins week in week out at the start of the season, and I agree.  He needs to be used as an impact sub, and he will score goals, his determination alone will get them.  Martin is average to poor at best, and it is clear he still thinks he''s too big for his boots when he went to the Barclay and turned and pointed to his name on Tues night.

And Wiz, after seeing both Cureton for the last 3 seasons, and Cody for however many games he has played, if you asked me to pick either one it would be Cody every time.
[/quote]

But fortunatly for us star, and with respect, you''re not Lambert, he sees team shape first, and be honest, it hasn''t failed yet.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="ncfcrule"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Maric too rubbish...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

5 quid to the charity of your choice if Maric gets 10 or more goals in all competitions this year. It doesn''t take more than 5 minutes to see he hasn''t got the attributes to cut it, fitness is one thing, but being a big immobile lump is another.

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"]Couldnt disagree more.

Cody''s problem at the moment is that he hasnt had much match time, he had a few injuries pre season and he''s clearly not 100% match sharp. Cureton needs to be dropped and Cody needs to get a few 90 mins under his belt, then we''d see more of him.

When Cody''s on the field we look far more threatening, as his pace and wasp like frontline play is very effective. I remember a fantastic header against Sunderland to set up Hoolahans goal.

The boy just needs match time, unbelivable that Lambert''s giving the nod to Cureton so far.
[/quote]

Yeah, I can see where you''re coming from. There''s no doubt that we look more of a threat with Cody on the pitch because of his pace and tenacity.

However, I can see why Lambert has been picking Cureton. Obviously he''s a lot more experienced and he plays the position better than Cody does. But then Jamie does have a lot of limitations.

Problem with Cody at the moment is that he''s just not tidy enough and despite all his effort he doesn''t make a whole lot come of it.

I hope we sign another striker to go alongside Holt. Someone who''s got a bit of pace and know-how who can play off him.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Nice guy but massivly over hyped by many posters on here.............I reckon Martin''s ahead of him in Lambo''s thnking.[/quote]Ever seen him play Wiz??????I couldn''t work out, but I think it was petenorw who said that he might have been suffering a bit from playing 90 mins week in week out at the start of the season, and I agree.  He needs to be used as an impact sub, and he will score goals, his determination alone will get them.  Martin is average to poor at best, and it is clear he still thinks he''s too big for his boots when he went to the Barclay and turned and pointed to his name on Tues night.And Wiz, after seeing both Cureton for the last 3 seasons, and Cody for however many games he has played, if you asked me to pick either one it would be Cody every time.[/quote]

But fortunatly for us star, and with respect, you''re not Lambert, he sees team shape first, and be honest, it hasn''t failed yet.

[/quote]Lambert has had 4 games in charge, hardly the best time to judge him is it.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Nice guy but massivly over hyped by many posters on here.............I reckon Martin''s ahead of him in Lambo''s thnking.[/quote]

Ever seen him play Wiz??????

I couldn''t work out, but I think it was petenorw who said that he might have been suffering a bit from playing 90 mins week in week out at the start of the season, and I agree.  He needs to be used as an impact sub, and he will score goals, his determination alone will get them.  Martin is average to poor at best, and it is clear he still thinks he''s too big for his boots when he went to the Barclay and turned and pointed to his name on Tues night.

And Wiz, after seeing both Cureton for the last 3 seasons, and Cody for however many games he has played, if you asked me to pick either one it would be Cody every time.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Lambert has had 4 games in charge, hardly the best time to judge him is it.
[/quote]

That sounded like you almost wanted him to fail, just to prove you right! Well he won''t fail, yes, we''ll lose games, but he won''t fail.

I wanted Steve Tilson as manager as my first choice, but failing that, Paul Lambert, so I am slightly biased.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Nice guy but massivly over hyped by many posters on here.............I reckon Martin''s ahead of him in Lambo''s thnking.[/quote]Ever seen him play Wiz??????I couldn''t work out, but I think it was petenorw who said that he might have been suffering a bit from playing 90 mins week in week out at the start of the season, and I agree.  He needs to be used as an impact sub, and he will score goals, his determination alone will get them.  Martin is average to poor at best, and it is clear he still thinks he''s too big for his boots when he went to the Barclay and turned and pointed to his name on Tues night.And Wiz, after seeing both Cureton for the last 3 seasons, and Cody for however many games he has played, if you asked me to pick either one it would be Cody every time.[/quote]

[/quote]Lambert has had 4 games in charge, hardly the best time to judge him is it.[/quote]

That sounded like you almost wanted him to fail, just to prove you right! Well he won''t fail, yes, we''ll lose games, but he won''t fail.

I wanted Steve Tilson as manager as my first choice, but failing that, Paul Lambert, so I am slightly biased.

[/quote]Believe it or not Wiz, I actually think Lambert will prove to be a good appointment.  But I don''t agree that Martin is ahead of Cody in the pecking order, and I also question the use of the 4-3-3, 4-5-1 formation that we adopted on Tuesday night.  Martin is not particularly quick, and I think that is the sort of person that Holt needs alongside him, and by the end of the season I think Cody will have stepped up to the mark.

id start

cureton/holt or

martin/holt and bring him of the bench when he does play his best football.

but i expect lambert to bring in another frontman on loan in the next couple of weeks

What I like about Cody is his desire to win every ball. He''s got good pace to burn too and his link up play is very good, especially with Holt. If we could just improve his finishing I honestly believe he''s capable of playing at a higher level.

Considering Cody''s been playing proffessional football for 8 months, whilst missing a large chunk of pre-season... then i think he''s got the potential to be huge for us.

He needs to be treated right by the manager and fans though. I wouldn''t play him game in, game out just yet.

But i don''t feel he''s over-rated at all when you consider he''s been a Pro 8 months.

Yep, great post. I think he will be a very good future prospect. I also think he shouldnt really start many games this season, but be a player we can bring on to bring in some pace and energy late in games.

With a bit more luck he could already have three goals to his name this season, after hitting the bar against Yeovil, post against Sunderland, and rounding the keeper against Exeter and having his shot unfortunately cleared.  He needs more time on the pitch and I am absolutely convinced that he score many goals.

[quote user="ncfcrule"]

thoughts?

OTBC

[/quote]

Thoughts....

Not bad for the third division I suppose

[quote user="ncfcrule"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Maric too rubbish...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good one, base a player on 60 minutes of football, in which he is severely out of match practice!

Play hoolahan off of holt, it would work a dream!

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="ncfcrule"][quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]

Maric too rubbish...

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

5 quid to the charity of your choice if Maric gets 10 or more goals in all competitions this year. It doesn''t take more than 5 minutes to see he hasn''t got the attributes to cut it, fitness is one thing, but being a big immobile lump is another.

[/quote]

You might be right but he scored twice in Scotland and earnt a contract when Bridges, Bright and others did not.  There must be something there.  All I am saying is wait and see.