Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

Why?...

When ''On The Ball City'' is sung around the ground, do we quieten towards the lyrics, ''Never mind the danger''?Is it because people do not know the words to that part of the song or is it for some kind of effect?  If it is for the latter, it makes it sound really poor as everyone just sounds like they are mumbling.Or is there another reason?

Seems pretty obvious to me that singing deeper, as that part of the song is, generally makes the voice quieter.  When you yell loud, it''s in a high pitch, as in "ON THE BALL CITY!".  It''s hard to yell (or sing) so loud "Never mind the da-a-nger".

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Seems pretty obvious to me that singing deeper, as that part of the song is, generally makes the voice quieter.  When you yell loud, it''s in a high pitch, as in "ON THE BALL CITY!".  It''s hard to yell (or sing) so loud "Never mind the da-a-nger".[/quote]It can be done, but it sounds a little ridiculous when you try it...I think opposing fans would sooner laugh than shiver in fear if we were to.Try it. It honestly doesn''t have the same effect as it does when done in the ''old traditional'' way that we seem to do it.