Sign in to follow this  
Crew Cut Wes

Canaries world

Are the highlights on canaries world any good or do they just show the same footage as on the BBC site?I''m not sure whether it''s worth the money. Many thanks.

whilst I was sceptical I paid for the package this year and think it is decent value for money...commentary feed has improved, less prone to dropping off highlights are certainly extended over what the Beeb and Sky show (normally a good 5 minutes worth) and some exclusive video interviews before and after games....I''m quite happy with it and its far better than it was a couple of seasons ago, perhaps a tad expensive, but as I don''t get to that many way games any more and can''t get radio norfolk so I get my money''s worth

I use it because I don''t live close enough to get to many home matches or to get Radio Norfolk. Certainly the new Canaries Player is an improvement and I like the stats during the match and the live table option. You can also switch to other matches to compare how other teams are doing in all the leagues without losing the City commentary. The highlights are longer but not yet as long as last year yet (when they were often 15 minutes). The interviews are excellent and let you really get to know the players.

I''d recommend it.

wish they would start the audio earlier no wait until kick off. It would be good to get seated in the arm chair and comfortable not having to switch from Radio Norfolk to Canary Player at the last moment. Often the opposition commentary starts first.

[quote user="ldnboy"]Are the highlights on canaries world any good or do they just show the same footage as on the BBC site?
I''m not sure whether it''s worth the money. Many thanks.
[/quote]

Personally I think its well worth it.

You get extended highlights which you don''t get anywhere else.............(as much as 10-15 mins on some games)

I would be willing to pay more if they had 15 mins of highlights on every single game.

Since they did away with DRM protection the videos and the matchday audio have been rock solid on my end.........

I am 6000 miles away so I would think if anyone is having problems its more to do with local connections........

Obviously if you have a slow connection then wide screen videos are not going to play correctly. 

Its kind of like asking why doesn''t this moped do 80 MPH.......