Sign in to follow this  
Calle

Jonson report

Was watching Jonson yesterday when sweden played croatia. He came on with 25 min to go, and didn´t produce anything. He must really be out of form. All he did was to get booked for a bust up with croatia defender igor simic (he tried to take the ball from him, as he walked away with when sweden were awarded a freekick), the croatian was also book for, i don´t know, pretending to be dead must be the best description.

Hope he soon will find the form he had during Euro 2004, will never forget the goal he scored vs denmark...And the supporters had made signs that said "2-2, nordic victory, bye bye italy"

I still wondering did his best position was winger or center forward -- consider his strength...

[quote]Give him a go up front and see what he is like there. Canaries4ever www.ontheballcity.co.uk[/quote]

upfront????? hes a bloody winger!

I can´t remember him playing upfront?? For Sweden he is an attacking midfielder, at either right or left wing. Hard to tell where he played last night though, I hardly saw him when he came on.

Lets give him some games to get his form back, then I´ll think he can prove to be a really good signing. Many defenders will struggle when they are one on one with a Jonson in form. Hopefully it will come soon, to see him outpace his defender, cut into the box and either score or create! Would be nice to see that on sunday!

it would be nice to see what we payed for but there you go. these things take time, and im sure he''ll be the first to admit that he''s not up to his best. but for the moment he should still be making sub appearences to improve his game. we can''t afford to have any players starting that aren''t at their best.

When we brought him they said he was a winger/striker. Doherty is a defender not a striker and so far Jonson has not proved himself on the wing so I would try him up front with Huckerby.

I''m quitely confident that Jonson will come good.  IMO our scouting system is superb.  We don''t pick up many donkeys these days.  Nige and his scouts will have done their homework well.  I''m sure he''s just getting used to the pace of the game.  He''ll be a good player, mark my words

This is said by "Hallau" on the swedish fansite www.svenskafans.com:

"...And I also ran into Mattias Jonson today, couldn´t resist to have a little chat with him about Norwich. He was really nice and said he hadn´t adjusted to the english pace just yet. He also said he felt really good, being in Norwich."

Probably before the game against Croatia in Gothenburg.

Now that the International Merrygoround that has been on the go since the season began, maybe our new imports can settle into a few weeks of routine:then I''m sure we''ll see the ability that both Jonsson and Helveg have.

Before anyone gets too concerned just remember Drazen Muzinic: at least we know we''ve got the right players this time!!