Sign in to follow this  
ash

city pay 300.000 for chalton striker

I hope it was 60k and not 300.
I would have thought Charlton would let him go on a free to get rid of his wages.

Ever faithfull in the Boards prudence but I hope that we dont hear today something along the following lines:-
"The Club have agreed terms with two strikers this week which has a considerable financial commitment to the Club. Although our bid for Darren Huckerby has been accepted we cannot agree to his wage demands." Before such words are contemplated the Board ought to know how gripped supporters are in being behind the push to the premiership. In my case my 93 year old mother who is in care in the midst of ITFC supporters and has followed the canaries since 1921 is not giving me or Baby B a christmas present and is buying NCFC shares instead to be a family heirloom. I bet Master Green, Ist Wizard, Bury Belvoir et al are all buying their wives/mothers the same present and some vice versa. Merry Christmas to you all but unlike others I do not advocate burning the ITFC prospectus because it will become a valuable collectors item after the inevitable happens.

This is the last para of the Svensson story on the Sky website:

"The fee involved in the deal for the 29-year-old is still undisclosed, but the powerful attacker will add extra strength to Norwich''s bid to obtain Premiership status next season."

I really hope we haven''t paid 300k for him - that''s far too much.

If you havent read the post on teamtalk already then apparently we have payed £50k with a further £250K if we go up.

His is an ambitious lad by the look of things, he is playing not just for promotion but also for a place in the Sweedish line up. Which has got to be good motivation. And lets hope Iwan passes on a couple of good tips as well for I fear it will be his last season as a player. I hope they offer him a coaching position though.

" I bet Master Green, Ist Wizard, Bury Belvoir et al are all buying their wives/mothers........ "

The little lady will be getting a new coal bucket as arranged - though I might splash out and give it another coat of yellow paint

The last shears I got her still work - I can still see her toiling away on the lawn this summer

She didn''t half work up a sweat some days - shame she''s not too keen on beer otherwise she could have had the odd can orso with me on the recliner

Each to their own I suppose

why do people keep dredging up the oldest posts they can?

11 years ago the club and football was in totally different circumstances, who would have thought hull would be paying £8m and £7m for players, who would have though Southampton would sell 3 players for £60m?

[quote user="Smeg"]why do people keep dredging up the oldest posts they can?

11 years ago the club and football was in totally different circumstances, who would have thought hull would be paying £8m and £7m for players, who would have though Southampton would sell 3 players for £60m?[/quote]And who''d have thought a £300k signing from Charlton would far outperform an £8.5m Dutch fringe international player, or a £5m striker from Celtic?

Matt Svensson was plop.. he did used to go absolute bat Sh*T when he scored though!!! Like our own Marco Tardelli!

Bor Bor Boycott wrote the following post at 28/06/2014 12:53 PM:

And who''d have thought a £300k signing from Charlton would far outperform an £8.5m Dutch fringe international player, or a £5m striker from Celtic?

Svensson didn''t play for Hughton.