Sign in to follow this  
Barclay hero

Where has Cluck gone???

I may have missed something but he''s been v quiet since the start of the season.  Has he renamed himself as something else?  Did he get locked in the loo at the purist meeting?  Perhaps he ran off with Robert Chase and Delia in a bizarre 3some?  Or is he just in shock that we''ve won 2 league games in a row

In a bizarre kind of way I miss his pointless negativity and other posters having a go back....

hmm Cluck and Smudger disapear at the same time (not for the first time either).. never seen in the same room together.. i wonder if.... nah... not possibly the same person!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

hmm Cluck and Smudger disapear at the same time (not for the first time either).. never seen in the same room together.. i wonder if.... nah... not possibly the same person!

jas :)

[/quote]

[:O]

[quote user="leedscanary"]Never mind Cluck - Where on earth is BEAKER????[/quote]

Yes Leeds.. that''s what I want to know! Beaker is one of our top PUPs. The other guy on my missing list is Lucky Green Trainers.

Cluck?

Who''s Cluck[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="leedscanary"]Never mind Cluck - Where on earth is BEAKER????[/quote]

Yes Leeds.. that''s what I want to know! Beaker is one of our top PUPs. The other guy on my missing list is Lucky Green Trainers.

Cluck?

Who''s Cluck[:O]

[;)]

I can exclusively reveal that Cluck is currently absent pending surgery to have Canary Charge removed from his rectum following the purist group incident.[+o(]

Yes Nutty, I was wondering what had happened to LGT as well. Hope all''s well with him and Beaker.

[/quote]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Not only do I not care where Cluck has gone but I hope that the mean spirited and venomous one stays there.   The one poster it is a joy to miss[/quote]He''s merely a pantomime villain who brings some debate, some rancour but overall some colour to an otherwise drab forum.And "mean spirited" coming from a member of the legal profession is a real hoot.

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Not only do I not care where Cluck has gone but I hope that the mean spirited and venomous one stays there.   The one poster it is a joy to miss[/quote]

He''s merely a pantomime villain who brings some debate, some rancour but overall some colour to an otherwise drab forum.

And "mean spirited" coming from a member of the legal profession is a real hoot.
[/quote]

I disagree.  We have plenty of pantomime characters but Cluck is different.  His attacks are personal, viscious and  intended to hurt.  Unlike the real pantomime characters like Wiz and even Smudger, he lacks both the intuition that we all in our own way support City and unlike them, he never recognises the sincerity and merit of arguments he disagrees with.  debate come from honest opinionated and respectful posters like ZLF and MacDougall''s Perm whilst the pantomime colour comes from the spoofers like nr1, Jas and Beaker or the misguided like Barry Evans.   If Cluck is your colour then you have unusual tastes.

But then, you clearly think in stereotypes anyway.  I''m a Scorpio if that helps build your stereotype picture of me

Cambridge. Do you really think nr1 is a spoof merchant? I think he''s making out that he is by way of a bit of back tracking having made some dumb posts...

Yes I do.  he admitted it in his Reputation post in a reply to me.  This was after I challenged him that he was either a hoaxer or was deranged.   I must admit I don''t find it particuarly funny but he sustained it well.

I was quite pleased as it took me weeks to get Jas to confess. Then it was only after I said he was the best comic character since Homer Simpson.   Flattery can work.   Jas now largely plays it straight but lapses into mock village idiot sometimes.

Tell the truth, I am still not sure about Smudger.

I think most are actually genuine. They are - by definition - wind ups but not necessarily intentionally. Seems like a lot of effort for some really pointless and unfunny stuff though.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Not only do I not care where Cluck has gone but I hope that the mean spirited and venomous one stays there.   The one poster it is a joy to miss[/quote]He''s merely a pantomime villain who brings some debate, some rancour but overall some colour to an otherwise drab forum.And "mean spirited" coming from a member of the legal profession is a real hoot.[/quote]

I disagree.  We have plenty of pantomime characters but Cluck is different.  His attacks are personal, viscious and  intended to hurt.  Unlike the real pantomime characters like Wiz and even Smudger, he lacks both the intuition that we all in our own way support City and unlike them, he never recognises the sincerity and merit of arguments he disagrees with.  debate come from honest opinionated and respectful posters like ZLF and MacDougall''s Perm whilst the pantomime colour comes from the spoofers like nr1, Jas and Beaker or the misguided like Barry Evans.   If Cluck is your colour then you have unusual tastes.

But then, you clearly think in stereotypes anyway.  I''m a Scorpio if that helps build your stereotype picture of me

[/quote]Personaly I found Cluck a little easier to engage with than Smudger because if you took the time not to be insulting back to him even though he just had been to you he would drop the insults. Smudger doesn''t seem to care much for good, factual opinions which totally undermine his point of view.Some people say ''At least he sticks to his opinion, I give him credit for that''. But for me thats like going out with an umbrella before it rains - you know it might rain and that if you take it out every day it will eventually rain and so you will need it and eventually be right. The problem is all those times it doesn''t rain you look like a bit of a ''crazy fool''.I don''t think Jas is a spoofer, he is just a light hearted poster in that he likes to step up to the plate with some of the more argumentative characters on here.Nutty Nigel and MacDougals Perm are of a rare breed and you have to pay loyalties to mention their names. Its not that they respect other peoples opinions - its that you can''t often argue with what they have to say. Not unless you are Smudger or Cluck that is.Wiz - well I think he has a multiple personalities - two to be precise - the judges off the muppet show! Now I am not saying that Wiz is a muppet, or that he is mentaly ill - I just think that if you let him he could probably have a half decent argument with himself. He has fallen in and out of love with Delia more times than a cookoo clock marks the hour in a week.But that is life. You go into the Bell and you will see the same sort of cross section of people. The only thing is you dont often listen to everyones conversation. I heed the advice of others, if its not a good post dont bother posting a reply to it. That way it drops off the front page faster and you can think about it less. It also means you can spend more time commenting on the posts that are worth commenting on.As to where any of these characters are - my only hope is that they are alive and well.

Cluck''ll be back if/when we start to trip and lose games; that we can be sure of [:)] And Chicken, I think you''re right that Wiz could have a pretty intense argument with himself [:)] - what a sight that''d be to behold; I''m imagining a scene akin to Basil Fawlty''s kitchen scene in the ''Waldorf Salad'' episode [:D]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Not only do I not care where Cluck has gone but I hope that the mean spirited and venomous one stays there.   The one poster it is a joy to miss[/quote]

He''s merely a pantomime villain who brings some debate, some rancour but overall some colour to an otherwise drab forum.

And "mean spirited" coming from a member of the legal profession is a real hoot.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve been thinking for weeks that this forum is becomming duller & less intelligent over the months. Maybe due to the Brian Gunn fiasco, relegation or a couple of wins but mostly because of the loss of a few posters who could actually stimulate the interest. Cluck is one, so is Smudger - who could forget the famous one man protest, Mr Carrow''s forensic view of the books, Bly, Wiz & Beaker''s one liners (I actually picture him as his avatar). Sure some of these guys produce posts that are stupid, arrogant, insulting, unpleasant or just plain wrong but without them this is a very dull place.