Sign in to follow this  
SBLANL

If You Were Lambert!!

Paul Lambert is still trying to find his best 11 + 7(subs). If you were Paul Lambert what would your first eleven be? What formation would you play?

Would you you stick with same team home and away?

My team would be

Forster (but do feel sorry for Theo)

Spillane--Nelson--Askou--Drury

------Russell---Lappin------

Mcveigh---Haughes---Martin

-------------Holt-----------

Subs: Theo, Semi, Doc, Smith, Maric (if we needed anouther big man or holt injury), cody, Whaley

any thoughts?

The success story of the season has been the revitalised midfield - so I would stick to 4-4-2,  the centrak defenders have conceeded a couple of clean sheets so run with them for the time being.  Up front try something different and use Hoolahoop to both sell him and see if its better than we have already tried.  

Forster

Spillane    Nelson  Askou    Drury

McVeigh  Smith  Hughes   Lappin

Hoola Holt

Subs

Rudd,  Otsemebor, McDonald, Martin, Russell, Adeyemi, Cureton

Would keep the defenders off the bench,  Lappin can go left back,  Spillane central and ots rb so covers most injuries.

playing hola upfront s not a bad idea maybe just behind the from man? but would need at least one from the midfield to get into the box!!

Forster

Semi     Nelson    Askou     Drury

McVeigh   Hughes  Russell   Lappin

Cody Mac  Holt

Subs : Rudd, Martin, Cureton, Hoolahan, Smith, Adeyemi, Spilliane.

Make use of Rusty while he''s here.

Whaley in my opinion is a waste of space and should be nowhere near the first team so Hoolahan takes his place on the bench.

Cody Mac does more running then Curo and would score more goals.

Cureton never looks like scoring.

We need Lappin for his crosses on the left wing with a capable Drury at Left back.

Whether a lot on here like it or not, Curo brings balance to the side, and I''m happy to let Lambo get on with the job, so far, he''s done rather well.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Whether a lot on here like it or not, Curo brings balance to the side, and I''m happy to let Lambo get on with the job, so far, he''s done rather well.[Y][/quote]

Of course he does.

All the others have the potential to score whereas Jamie...

[H]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Whether a lot on here like it or not, Curo brings balance to the side, and I''m happy to let Lambo get on with the job, so far, he''s done rather well.[Y][/quote]What balance? He runs around a bit...he doesn''t get any assists, or goals. And he''s a striker. You can like him personally Wiz, but as a player i think he''s shockingly bad.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Whether a lot on here like it or not, Curo brings balance to the side, and I''m happy to let Lambo get on with the job, so far, he''s done rather well.[Y][/quote]
What balance? He runs around a bit...he doesn''t get any assists, or goals. And he''s a striker. You can like him personally Wiz, but as a player i think he''s shockingly bad.
[/quote]

Lambo sees it differently at the moment hogesar, and he''s in charge!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="First Wizard"]Whether a lot on here like it or not, Curo brings balance to the side, and I''m happy to let Lambo get on with the job, so far, he''s done rather well.[Y][/quote]What balance? He runs around a bit...he doesn''t get any assists, or goals. And he''s a striker. You can like him personally Wiz, but as a player i think he''s shockingly bad.[/quote]

Lambo sees it differently at the moment hogesar, and he''s in charge!

[/quote]I know! There''s nothing i can do about it! [:(]. I really do hope he starts scoring and has a good season - if Lamberts intent on playing him then eventually Cureton will have to repay that by scoring goals.

For me it''d be Forster in goal, Semmy, Nelson, Askou & Drury defense. WLY, Rusty,Hughes and Lappin midfield and Jamie and Grolt up-front.

Smith and Adeyemi are still young lads and arn''t going to be able to play every game from the start so they''d be on the bench. Cody coming on after 60 mins for Jamie for me, it''s the best way to get him fit enough for pro footy after he missed pre-season.