Sign in to follow this  
Ooh Ahh Lee Power

McNally

I''m happy with Lambert so far, Mr Martin. Hes definately better than Gunn, and seems better (so far) than Roeder/Grant. I will however concede that alot of fans felt we''d got it right when Roeder began his reign....that feeling soon evaporated. I just hope that 20 games from now we can still be sat here singing Lambert''s praises.

I do agree however that the club is run by idiots who need ditching asap.

youd rather we had gunn and sit bottom of the league with a crap goal difference would you? thought not? get back under your mushroom!!!

[quote user="Chris Martin"]Sorry but I dont like him already. I know he has a lot of experience in football but the way Gunn was treated is awful. And then he brings in his old pal Lambert who I don''t particularly like either. Lambert is not proven, causes unrest and has no committment to a club. I for one would have preferred Boothroyd or even Gunny to have stayed.[/quote]

OH no not another one did you see todays News? Boothroyd has been up and down more time than a fiddlers elbow, give it a rest, Colchester Hoof ball team from now on.  

[quote user="Chris Martin"]Sorry but I dont like him already. I know he has a lot of experience in football but the way Gunn was treated is awful. And then he brings in his old pal Lambert who I don''t particularly like either. Lambert is not proven, causes unrest and has no committment to a club. I for one would have preferred Boothroyd or even Gunny to have stayed.[/quote]

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]

[quote user="Lambo"]Again... McNally has shown a much needed ruthless "nasty" streak that''s been sorely lacking round here. Where''s being a nice club got us recently?? Religation to our lowest position in 50 years.[/quote]

Our lowest position in 50 years has come about because of years of mismanagement at Board level.

You want nasty and ruthless ? What was Roeder then and look what he did to the club - he''s the man that "steered" us to relegation not Gunn. Gunn is the man who shrewdly got rid of the dross and brought in players like Holt, Hughes, Askou etc and who gave neglected players like Lappin, Smith, Adeyami etc their chance. Yes, there was one freak result and McNasty had the chance to make his mark and got rid of Gunn. McNasty''s next big move to was to instigate an expensive "investigation" by Celtic''s head of security into the pitch "invasion" (sic) by a father and his son ! I didn''t see Everton sack Moyes after their home freak result against Arsenal did you ?

[/quote]1. Gunn did steer us to relegation, we weren''t in the bottom 3 when he took over.2. Lappin was given his real chance under Lambert, Adeyemi and Smith were too young for last season and now are ready and are getting their chance.3. David Moyes proved he can actually manage a football club, Gunn proved he can''t.

If you dont like him hand back your ticket, dont go and stay at home. Cause he will be here for a while the way things are going since his appointment of PL

Where has this come from by the way?! Give the guy a chance! we''re in a much better position now with him instated as manager than we were.

I bumped into McNally at Heston services before the Brentford league game. As it was the day Lambert was announced he''d been all over SSN and was walking to his car and i asked him if he thought we''d win tonight. This was about 5.30 so you''d assume being a matchday he was a bit busy to say the least but he stood there and had a chat for a good ten minutes, in no way did he give the impression he was in a hurry to get away infact the only reason the chat ended when it did was because his phone rang, and he was going to ignore that.

He comes across as a really friendly bloke to talk too but the main thing that struck me was he is absolutely determined to make this club a success, that comes across straight away. He said he is prepared to ''put his tin hat on'' for a while regarding the sacking of Gunny because he felt that something wasn''t right at the club and a change was needed. He said theres lots of changes he wants to make to the way the clubs run but none of that can start until the team is winning matches and he is of the opinion that Lambert will work harder than anyone else to make sure that happens.

He understands that some people are not pleased about the way the Gunn sacking was done, he said Delia was upset about it and i said i felt the same but purely based on Gunny''s career here not because i thought he was a good manager. I was telling him that i have a season ticket and travel from Oxford and he was saying that he''s amazed at our fanbase and that it deserves a winning team and he''s going to do all he can to provide one. He want play-offs at the mininmum this year. Whatever you think of him the bloke has brought a change off attitude to the club and i came away thinking that we are going to start moving forward now at long last. Hope this is of some intrest.

[quote user="Chris Martin"]Scum fans??? I''m 26 and supported City since I was 5 think thats warrants an opinion..........[/quote]

awww bless !

And Shaker can back his comments up having met McNally. Unlike the opinionated front man of the cak band Coldplay who just doesn''t like him. End of.

Thanks for that, Shaker.

A lot has been made of the "nasty" way in which Gunn was sacked.  He was sacked down in Exeter the day before a game.  As opposed to what?  Sacking him up here with half a dozen cameras from the local media full in his face, all gagging for the "Gunn in tears/rage/despair" picture?  As it was he had time away from the spotlight to gather himself.  

It was quick and clinical, yes.  Nasty?  Sacking is never nice, but it was no nastier than it was bound to be when you sack a legend, and a lot less nasty than the "death by a thousand cuts" that Nigel Worthington endured. 

A very sad episode but it was done for the right reasons imo, for the good of the club.   No one is bigger than the club. 

With Lambert in charge I would put money on Colchester finishing above us this season. All the players we have are Gunny''s players, apart from Forster. I think its stupid to sack someone after a 7-1 home defeat, considering Gunny picked a changed team that won 4-0 next game. If Gunny hadn''t have been sacked we would have picked up 6 points in the games butterworth was in charge.

[quote user="The Vocalist"]Sorry what did Lambert do for Colchester and Wycombe? Wycombe are where they are thanks to Peter Taylor. And Colchester?? Where did they finish last season.....well done Lambert. Seems we are now happy with mediocre managers.[/quote]

Are you Smudger in disguise or do you hold Smudger in such esteem that you want to copy him?

It is not a fair comparison when looking at Roeder vs Lambert.  They are both ruthless we have seen so far, but the purpose of the ruthlessness is what interests and matters to me.  Roeder''s sole use of his ruthlessness seemed to be so he could let everyone know HE was in charge now.  He made decisions for the sake of promting himself as the leader, and often those did not seem to be in the best interest of the team on the field. 

Lambert is at least giving the players the chance to hang themselves before he cuts them loose.  Still it''s early, so any opinion of Lambert''s success is very premature, but so far, so good.

Going back even further, when Grant was in charge, he seemed to want to make his own team no matter what it took.  Even if it meant trying to make left wingers out of right wing midfielders, or creating striker pairs that had no chance of working just so he could take credit for it if it did work, he would do it. It was like he wanted to re-create the game, re-create the players he had to work with by playing them out of position or in pairings that made no sense, so when it worked out, he would look like a genius. It didn''t work and he don''t look too smart now.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

[quote user="The Vocalist"]Sorry what did Lambert do for Colchester and Wycombe? Wycombe are where they are thanks to Peter Taylor. And Colchester?? Where did they finish last season.....well done Lambert. Seems we are now happy with mediocre managers.[/quote]

Are you Smudger in disguise or do you hold Smudger in such esteem that you want to copy him?

[/quote]I think you''ll find that Smudger mentioned Lambert as a possible replacement for Gunn long before he was appointed.

I think McNally will be good for the club, but, do think the way Gunn''s sacking was handled was clumsy at best and down right nasty at worst.

PL looks promising but, we will be able to tell more after his first loss or two.

What has Lambert done wrong exactly? 100% league record this season with 2 clubs, got in what seems a good ''keeper on loan, 2nd round of JPT and moved us up to 10th from near drop zone. Also other than Dejan nobody has left since he took over.

[quote user="Shaker"]

I bumped into McNally at Heston services before the Brentford league game. As it was the day Lambert was announced he''d been all over SSN and was walking to his car and i asked him if he thought we''d win tonight. This was about 5.30 so you''d assume being a matchday he was a bit busy to say the least but he stood there and had a chat for a good ten minutes, in no way did he give the impression he was in a hurry to get away infact the only reason the chat ended when it did was because his phone rang, and he was going to ignore that.

He comes across as a really friendly bloke to talk too but the main thing that struck me was he is absolutely determined to make this club a success, that comes across straight away. He said he is prepared to ''put his tin hat on'' for a while regarding the sacking of Gunny because he felt that something wasn''t right at the club and a change was needed. He said theres lots of changes he wants to make to the way the clubs run but none of that can start until the team is winning matches and he is of the opinion that Lambert will work harder than anyone else to make sure that happens.

He understands that some people are not pleased about the way the Gunn sacking was done, he said Delia was upset about it and i said i felt the same but purely based on Gunny''s career here not because i thought he was a good manager. I was telling him that i have a season ticket and travel from Oxford and he was saying that he''s amazed at our fanbase and that it deserves a winning team and he''s going to do all he can to provide one. He want play-offs at the mininmum this year. Whatever you think of him the bloke has brought a change off attitude to the club and i came away thinking that we are going to start moving forward now at long last. Hope this is of some intrest.

[/quote]

shaker you should start a thread about your chat with Mcnally.. I know nothing about the bloke same as anyone else it might let some people know little bit more about what he is like in person... Maybe a few others will reply who have had chats with him aswell....

[quote user="The Vocalist"]Sorry but I dont like him already. I know he has a lot of experience in football but the way Gunn was treated is awful. And then he brings in his old pal Lambert who I don''t particularly like either. Lambert is not proven, causes unrest and has no committment to a club. I for one would have preferred .....Gunny to have stayed.[/quote]

Even if meant relegation?

Gunn couldn''t motivate players to save us from relegation.......Gunn couldn''t motivate players for the first match of the season. Gunn had to go.

I''m sure the original poster and anyone who supports him would have been happy to stumble around under the incompetant leadership of Neil Doncaster and Bryan Gunn. However, I''m more than happy that we have developed somewhat of a ruthless streak and believe that in McNally and Lambert we may finally be on to something. If you don''t like it, I suggest supporting another club.

[quote user="The Vocalist"]Sorry but I dont like him already. I know he has a lot of experience in football but the way Gunn was treated is awful. And then he brings in his old pal Lambert who I don''t particularly like either. Lambert is not proven, causes unrest and has no committment to a club. I for one would have preferred Boothroyd or even Gunny to have stayed.[/quote]

And they call me potty!

McNally= Top bloke

Lambert= God.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]I''m sure the original poster and anyone who supports him would have been happy to stumble around under the incompetant leadership of Neil Doncaster and Bryan Gunn. However, I''m more than happy that we have developed somewhat of a ruthless streak and believe that in McNally and Lambert we may finally be on to something.

If you don''t like it, I suggest supporting another club.
[/quote]

I tend to agree with you (and most of the other people on this thread),but can''t help feeling that the OP was on a wind up.Either that or his/her surname is Gunn[:P]

No prices for being Mr Nice Guy, you only get prizes for winning football matches, this is a result only business. We have been a nice club for years but we haven''t been a ruthless winning team. If we start turning the corner, winning games and looking like a team which might get promoted then will you complain?