Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

This board needs a Moderator

[quote user="Making Plans"]

Posts in the wrong sections - does nobody ever look at the options.

Duplicate/Triplicate/Multiple threads on the same subject all saying the same thing - does nobody ever look at previous posts.

Totally irrelevant posts that basically are about nothing of any significance whatsoever - some of today''s efforts are a prime example.

People unable to use the "quote" facility correctly - it''s not rocket science.

We urgently need someone to sort all this rubbish out - amalgamate duplicate threads, move threads that are in the wrong section, delete threads that are irrelevant rubbish and sort out posts where "quotes" have not been used correctly.

Persistant offenders, along with posters who make offensive comments, even when using * to disguise swear words, should be banned.

I''m not necessarily talking about going back to the old system of posts being vetted before they appear but even that would be better than having to wade through the mess that this board has become.

Please can someone sort it out.

[/quote]

Excellent post and agree with everything. This needs moderation, im thick skinned but since this has been unmoderated ive had people mocking my health problems and age {ageism is no different to racism}, called Adolf Hitler, seen people called nonces and other disgusting language and threats of violence. Bring back the mods!

We are the mods, we are the mods, we are, we are, we are the mods!!!

Just to let everyone know.

I used to help out with moderating this forum and it did become rather tedious reading a lot of the inane posts that end up on here.

Also a lot of the modding went on in the web teams own (unpaid) time. How else do you think that posts went up at unsociable hours such as weekends and evenings.

and finally Archant have been getting rid of staff and those that are left really do not have the time to moderate the posts.

I know that the situation is not ideal - but that is my two pennies worth.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Making Plans"]

Duplicate/Triplicate/Multiple threads on the same subject all saying the same thing - does nobody ever look at previous posts.

Totally irrelevant posts that basically are about nothing of any significance whatsoever - some of today''s efforts are a prime example.

We urgently need someone to sort all this rubbish out - amalgamate duplicate threads, move threads that are in the wrong section, delete threads that are irrelevant rubbish and sort out posts where "quotes" have not been used correctly.

Persistant offenders, along with posters who make offensive comments, even when using * to disguise swear words, should be banned.

I''m not necessarily talking about going back to the old system of posts being vetted before they appear but even that would be better than having to wade through the mess that this board has become.

[/quote]

Excellent post and agree with everything. This needs moderation, im thick skinned but since this has been unmoderated ive had people mocking my health problems and age {ageism is no different to racism}, called Adolf Hitler, seen people called nonces and other disgusting language and threats of violence. Bring back the mods!

[/quote]

Bit rich coming from you isn''t it? I believe that you like to chuck in the odd racist comment or two...

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bit rich coming from you isn''t it? I believe that you like to chuck in the odd racist comment or two...

[/quote]I think its because he mentioned something about the BNP. Nasty bunch they are.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

[/quote]So Arthur now you complain the Hitler thing, I remember when whoever posted at the time, you had a good laugh about it, and changed your username to Adolf Whittler, unless I''m much mistaken?I''ve constantly said that Archant should just give someone who uses the board frequently moderator privileges, then days like yesterday would never happen.

[quote user="Added Time "]Just to let everyone know. I used to help out with moderating this forum and it did become rather tedious reading a lot of the inane posts that end up on here. Also a lot of the modding went on in the web teams own (unpaid) time. How else do you think that posts went up at unsociable hours such as weekends and evenings. and finally Archant have been getting rid of staff and those that are left really do not have the time to moderate the posts. I know that the situation is not ideal - but that is my two pennies worth.[/quote]

So do you work at Archant then, thought Pete had said it was only him moderating plus Vince when he''s not around?

I didnt say I was angry at being called Adolf Hitler I actually changed my name to Adolf Whittler and was crucified by the same people who called me hitler??? Work that out. All im saying is people now come on here and have used names like Hitler, nonce, paedo, and made jokes about my health problems....wonder if they made sick jokes about there older family members who have health problems? Call me a racist as much as you like...im a nationalist not a racist...pc gone bloody mad with some of you!!!

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Making Plans"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If i made a racist comment then why havent I been banned like others???