Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

This board needs a Moderator

Posts in the wrong sections - does nobody ever look at the options.

Duplicate/Triplicate/Multiple threads on the same subject all saying the same thing - does nobody ever look at previous posts.

Totally irrelevant posts that basically are about nothing of any significance whatsoever - some of today''s efforts are a prime example.

People unable to use the "quote" facility correctly - it''s not rocket science.

We urgently need someone to sort all this rubbish out - amalgamate duplicate threads, move threads that are in the wrong section, delete threads that are irrelevant rubbish and sort out posts where "quotes" have not been used correctly.

Persistant offenders, along with posters who make offensive comments, even when using * to disguise swear words, should be banned.

I''m not necessarily talking about going back to the old system of posts being vetted before they appear but even that would be better than having to wade through the mess that this board has become.

Please can someone sort it out.

[quote user="canarytom"]Well said that man. I have been going on about this for months![/quote]says the man who posted a nonsense non footbal post a few minutes earlier

Made we need a moderator to stop people whinging about people who can''t use the quote button, when that is in fact a bug with the forum on certain browsers, and those people with those browsers deserve not have their ability to use the quote button brought into question!

*stamps feet*

;)

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

How can something so trivial bother you so much? That''s 10 mins of your life you won''t get back posting that, surely it could have been put to better use?

[/quote]We might ask you the sameAs to the point, well nonsense posts clog up the board and push out stuff about the core subject NCFC

ps as to ten minutes then maybe with your abilities a few words probably do take ten minutes to type

So we can once again wait forty minutes after ones posted a response on a thread, by which time your point appears rather irrelevant as the thread has moved on.  Nah.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]There is one or 2 or even 3, there just not on all the time....
[/quote]

That might be the case but they don''t do anything - maybe they should read the rules that they devised, read the posts and then sort it.

With regards most of the other replies received, well I''m not that surprised - I wasn''t expecting anything constructive.

As for "quotes" I was not aware there was an issue - I''ve never experienced anything similar on any other forum. This makes me think that it can be sorted.

"As for "quotes" I was not aware there was an issue - I''ve never experienced anything similar on any other forum. This makes me think that it can be sorted."

It can be - they just haven''t bothered... (hence why you see me using quote marks, rather than the quote tags)...

the quotes thing is only on certain browsers mostly i think....But the worst thing about this forum is a lack of an edit button, it must be one of the only ones without one....

[quote user="AndyJR"]So we can once again wait forty minutes after ones posted a response on a thread, by which time your point appears rather irrelevant as the thread has moved on.  Nah.

[/quote]

Of course those that read my post carefully will know that I actually said I don''t want to return to that either but if it''s a question of what we have now (e.g. Mild or Mature Cheddar & all that crap) or going back to vetted posts then I know what I''d prefer.

If we have Moderators who make rules http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1212143/ShowPost.aspx then I think they should enforce them.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]So we can once again wait forty minutes after ones posted a response on a thread, by which time your point appears rather irrelevant as the thread has moved on.  Nah.[/quote]

Of course those that read my post carefully will know that I actually said I don''t want to return to that either but if it''s a question of what we have now (e.g. Mild or Mature Cheddar & all that crap) or going back to vetted posts then I know what I''d prefer.

If we have Moderators who make rules http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1212143/ShowPost.aspx then I think they should enforce them.

[/quote]Apologies, I''ve been concentrating at work all day so missed the point.  Do carry on sir. 

I agree I think we need a/more moderators, not the old system of waiting 40 minutes. Simply a group of people who delete offensive/useless posts, merge threads and ban some of the trolling idiots. This system works relatively well on other forums I use.

Duplicate/Triplicate/Multiple threads on the same subject all saying the same thing - does nobody ever look at previous posts.

Totally irrelevant posts that basically are about nothing of any significance whatsoever - some of today''s efforts are a prime example.

We urgently need someone to sort all this rubbish out - amalgamate duplicate threads, move threads that are in the wrong section, delete threads that are irrelevant rubbish and sort out posts where "quotes" have not been used correctly.

Persistant offenders, along with posters who make offensive comments, even when using * to disguise swear words, should be banned.

I''m not necessarily talking about going back to the old system of posts being vetted before they appear but even that would be better than having to wade through the mess that this board has become.

[/quote]

Did i use the quote button ok ? take a chill pill

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="SimonOTBC"]

How can something so trivial bother you so much? That''s 10 mins of your life you won''t get back posting that, surely it could have been put to better use?

[/quote]We might ask you the sameAs to the point, well nonsense posts clog up the board and push out stuff about the core subject NCFC

ps as to ten minutes then maybe with your abilities a few words probably do take ten minutes to type[/quote]

you''re a bit of a cretin if you can''t see my message took less time to type than the one it was in reply to, so your point on my time wasting is clearly invalid. Although admittedly I''ve now done my best to validate you.

Some NCFC forums are moderated, so if it bothers you that much then why are you still here?!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]It''s much easier to ignore inane posts and they''ll soon drop off the bottom....
[/quote]

Whilst I agree that this is an option, IMO it doesn''t work because of the sheer volume of them. Look at the current first page - well over 50% of posts are inane, duplicated or both.

Secondly, the lack of a "search" option means that if you want to pick up on a thread made a couple of weeks ago you''ve got to troll through pages & pages of rubbish before you can find it.

I also agree that an "edit" button would be useful for serious posters who see an error/mistake/typo in what they''ve previously said. But in all honesty this facilty would either be lost, or abused, by the posters who come on here just to "have a laugh".

Quite honestly I''m surprised, given what is currently going on here, that Archant are happy to continue running/sponsoring this. It''s does appear that at the moment they can''t be bothered to police what is happening and the board is patently not being administrated by them according to the rules that they''ve laid down.

Furthermore it hardly fits in with what presumably is their desired position of being a provider of quality publications. They should either decide to run it properly or they should shut it down as in it''s current state it has no integrity and it does them no favours at all.

I don''t know of any other board where people are allowed to get away with what they can here and I suspect that for the majority of serious members, who wish to debate relevant topics in an orderly fashion, the board has become a joke.

If things carry on like this then eventually these members will be lost for ever and you will be left with all the jokers & very little else.

Either you want a proper board or you don''t. The choice is yours.

[/quote]

Quite agree, if Archant want to run a football forum then at least they should moderate it daily. Can''t believe the amount of crap that is being posted on here nowadays and that''s why a lot of the regular posters have moved on.

Your thoughts Archant ????????