Sign in to follow this  
city_lad

Dressing room not so happy

how on earth could the management now go into the dressing room at the fortress or at colney and expect a happy atmosphere? the whole malky situatiion has blown everything up in the water. I agree that it was a tough decision by the manage to make but personally i think the jury is still out on whether it was the right choice or not. There is no doubting the fact that malky is a legend and will go down in folklore as the man who virtually took us to cardiff, but he will obviously feel as though he is ''surplus to requirements'' now the club accepted a bid. I think that the way the club had revealed the bid by cov, while malky was away on international was a disgrace, at least they could of waited till he got back. and of course the fact of the matter is we need to add players not lose them.

"the whole malky situatiion has blown everything up in the water" - another classic for the book of football''s mixed metaphors!Doesn''t it all depend on what the ''unresolved issue'' Malky speaks of is. Perhaps he wants Norwich to pay up the different between what he''s earning here and what he will earn at Cov, over the length of his remaining contract. If its something like this then I doubt the other plays would be unsettled by it. Most of them have been around long enough to have seen it all before, so I wouldn''t expect this to leave things up in the air, or dead in the water, or blown out of all proportion... ;-)

I reckon there is a high chance that the atmosphere in the changing room might of already been a problem before this latest development - can be that malky himself was very upset about not being given a chance to play in the first 4 games and his negativity and disappointment might of been wearing off on other players possibly leading to friction with the coaching staff. Its all speculation - but I reckon the reason is as stated in the previous post - financial.

City Lad

Calm down - have you been watching too many soaps?

It has been extensively reported that we have a happy, together changing room.

I doubt thats dissappeared overnight.

Simply looks to me like one player has exercised his options, with the managements blessing, to achieve first team football away from Carrow Road.

Why are so many people looking for some hidden intrigue. Reason possibly, we''ve had no game for two weeks. Once we''re playing again, this will be downgraded to an everyday event.

they say that: "The obvious reason is normal the right reason"

So we accept that the dressing room atmosphire is perfectly fine.

When i was mascot last year for the west ham game, the dressing room atmosphire was great.  

We have no idea what has been happening behind teh scenes and football is notorious for being full of spin.

At the end of the day we all probably knew that the defence needed strengthening largely because of lack of pace which is a must these days at the highest levels. Malky was the most obvious casualty. Iwan didn''t cause any problems when he went even though he had to endure far more c**p than Malky over a longer period and was also deprived of the chance to play in the Prem. I felt that Malky would be lucky to get a start but I had thought he would make a good squad player and back up to the first choices.

Paul McVeigh was in a similar position last season when Cooper arrived- Paul didn''t sulk he upped his game and got on with the job. If the reason for dressing room discontent was that Malky was unhappy about not being in the starting line up than the chance to sell him for £300K with only 9 months contract left is a good deal to me. Iwan was the model pro when his deal was not renewed and I don''t remember him having a problem when usurped by Sven, Hux, Leon and temporarily Crouch.

Remember that this money might go towards the striker fund, the lack of signing of which many have been moaning about.

In vmy view selling a player who wants first team football is likely to prevent any fall out in the dressing room.

As has been pointed out £300k for a 32 yo with 9 months on contract is excellent business for a player who has been the backbone of the side for the last 3/4 years. With 3 players ahead of him for his position this has to be good for everyone concerned.

Good luck at the Hammers Malky, I hope you have an excellent season and that we get to face you in the prem next year!

OTBC

Wellsaid Tumbleweed. It is probably all quite simple. At 32, Malkie aint going to get any quicker, and what would we get for him even in a couple of months time if he hasn''t been playing? May as well look at the long term and sell him while he''s still in contract. Not nice for the old boy, but that''s football. Besides, Simon Charlton looks to me like he has all of Malkie''s qualities bar height, and is a much, much better ball player - something Worthy has stated he wants all along.

Hang on, hang on, hang on!!!This is getting FAR too positive. People are finding intelligent and logical reasoning to justify the sale of a carrow road hero.Can we drop this calmly reasoned argument for some dressing-room-bust-up-rumours please?? Or criticism of Nigel, the board, the new signings, anyone we can think of.Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so I''ll stop that now.I too am gutted to see Malky go, but understand why this situation has occurred. Would love to see him against the gap-toothed wonder this season!

If, as I''m imagining, Malky went to Worthy to ask ''the question'' as soon as he was fully fit again, i.e. just prior to the Newcastle game, the rumblings of discontent have probably been around for two-and-a-half weeks, and possibly a bit longer.  It''s could be that they have only just fully surfaced as Coventry made a firm offer this week as opposed to a request for a loan deal.   What I''m trying to say, in a round about way, is that if the dressing room has not been so happy during the time I have alluded to then I haven''t seen any evidence of it on the pitch as we didn''t exactly look disunited at SJP or against Arsenal.  I could, of course, be wrong...that''s just how it seems to me!

You''re right banaman, I am afraid that I wanted to be hysterical but the keyboard just spat out different words. Now I bought a new one at lunchtime so I am pleased to say that the club is a shambles, Nigel a disgrace and we will be in freefall by Christmas.

Seriously though, good luck to Malks- he deserves a good club and a fine end to the career.

AJ, I think you''re referring to Occam''s razor:

"one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything"

or, put another way, the simplest answer is usually correct!