Sign in to follow this  
lord montyjones

walsall following tomorrow ?

the saddlers box office says 9 tickets were sold on wednesday alone. i reckon they might bring up to 300 tomorrow in fact im going for 328 anyone else want to hazzard a guess

[quote user="Romantic"]Based on the factual stats you present.... I''m going with 9.
[/quote]

I almost became a Walsall player in the early 60''s and have had an eye on thier progress, but they have never been in a position to fight for promotion more like religation battle, if we see 100 fans here tomorrow I will be very very suprised.   

[quote user="Romantic"]Out of interest Pete, what was your career in footy? Who did you play for?
[/quote]

Goal keeper,

I played for Birmingham city youth. Redditch town, Tamworth then Burton,But ended up going into the forces. Walsall town''s offer of contract came a week after I started army training in Bury St Edmunds. I tried to get out but the Army had other idea''s I ended up playing for the army and played at Wembley in the nations cup     

Impressive stuff Pete. I''m always a bit starry eyed around people who have plied their trade in footy. I love the game but like most on here I''ve never experienced much more than kick abouts and 5 a side.

[quote user="lord montyjones"]the saddlers box office says 9 tickets were sold on wednesday alone. i reckon they might bring up to 300 tomorrow in fact im going for 328 anyone else want to hazzard a guess[/quote]You make this sound like it is some sort of unbelievable feat?!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Unless Walsall has changed dramatically since I was last there, the  locals ought to jump at any chance of a day out somewhere else[/quote]

Unfortunately for Walsall they are surrounded with bigger clubs all with in 30 or so minutes drive away, a home gate rarely goes higher than around 6000

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Unless Walsall has changed dramatically since I was last there, the  locals ought to jump at any chance of a day out somewhere else[/quote]

Unfortunately for Walsall they are surrounded with bigger clubs all with in 30 or so minutes drive away, a home gate rarely goes higher than around 6000

[/quote]

Yes Pete.  I was driving (well being driven) to Liverpool for my cousin''s wedding and we were on the motorway that you turn off to get to the Ricoh Arena.  Not long after the Ricoh you could see Villa Park from the distance and five minutes after that was Walsall''s ground.  So if you think about it, poor old Walsall, all the brumies either supoort Birmingham, Coventry, Villa, West Brom or Wolves! 

[quote user="Boyo''"][quote user="pete_norw"]

Yes Pete.  I was driving (well being driven) to Liverpool for my cousin''s wedding and we were on the motorway that you turn off to get to the Ricoh Arena.  Not long after the Ricoh you could see Villa Park from the distance and five minutes after that was Walsall''s ground.  So if you think about it, poor old Walsall, all the brumies either supoort Birmingham, Coventry, Villa, West Brom or Wolves! 

[/quote]

Yes my point exactly  A small town in Aldridge, and the skate board songs are needed tomorrow

My friend is a wallsall fan and he said that they won''t bring very many away fans. He said that they have had a shocking start to the season and will be surprised if they managed to pick up a point here.

COYY