Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

'On The Ball City'

Lappin definitely deserves a song. They guy has stuck with us through thin and thin, and then more thin, and is now starting to take his chance.

Not sure about ''King of Spain'' though. Certainly scores on the random factor!

[quote user="CT "]Always liked that ''follow the boys in yellow'' song [Y]
[/quote]

So have i [:)] thats a good shout mate, anyone know the exact lyrics though?

Im not sure [:S]

[quote user="a1canary"]Lappin definitely deserves a song. They guy has stuck with us through thin and thin, and then more thin, and is now starting to take his chance. Not sure about ''King of Spain'' though. Certainly scores on the random factor![/quote]

Definately!, i read an article today about him on bbc website, which stated he was basically treated like poop under roeder, and he was sent to train with the youth team instead. Just another implication of how bad his management was! A very commited player it seems [:)]

"The ''Cody McDonald scored a goal'' song that was suggested the other day has potential. He probably needs to score this season, though."

He has...

Yeah he scored against Colchester, wasnt that meaningful though. But i guess it was though, it would have been even worse had it been 7-0 [:O]

WHMF

"At the past few away games me and my mate have been to we''ve been singing our very own "Simon Lappin, King of Spain" song, it''s very simple and goes a little something like this....

(To the tune of London Bridge) "Simon Lappin; King of Spain, King of Spain, King Of Spain, Simon Lappin, King of Spain, He Looks Spanish" repeat ad nauseum"

Delia, really it was nothing.

"Mate that is genius!"

Well he does! He''s really swarthy! Get involved, spread the word, we can make it happen! And he definitely deserves a song, the loyalty he has shown to the club is beyond belief. Still not totally convinced that he would cut it in the championship but if he keeps playing the way he has then he will be a very important player for us.

[quote user="Boyo"]

To the tune of ''stuck in the middle with you''

I''ve got Lappin to the left of me,McVeigh to the right,Here I am stuck in the middle with Hughes! [:D]

[/quote]thats a good''un [:D]

Who was it who did the song " We could be Heros ?"We could nick that ..."We need new Heros ! Just not for one day !"Then shell it out a bit naming players or something , shrugs

I think the big problem is how people communicate nowadays, back in the day we would spend all morning in a group awaiting the days match... In that time you would come up with some witty chants and some would make it around the terraces.

Nowadays people travel to matches in groups of 1-4, most conversation is held over the internet (forums/facebook etc) and therein lays the problem. The internet needs to break! Pubs need to slash their prices and bingo!! HAPPY WORLD!! ;)

-Runs off to pull some bits out of the internets cog things-

[quote user="Brendan"]

[quote user="CT "]Always liked that ''follow the boys in yellow'' song [Y][/quote]

So have i [:)] thats a good shout mate, anyone know the exact lyrics though?

Im not sure [:S]

[/quote]Now, if I remember right....I''m not sure about the middle part....''Follow, follow, follow...follow the boys in YellowWe''re in yellow and green, we''re the greatest you''ve seenAnd it''s up to the Premier we go''Something like that.

last time we played cov my mates took the piss big time about that song, went out at night with them and they ripped me about that song all night, didn''t know the words so one of them would just say never ming the scrumige here comes the danger and evreyone would laugh, never liked it since

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]we nicknamed Grant Holt ''horse'' didnt we? Well what about the old classic, ''Feed the horse and he will score'' always a good vocal, try it saturday[/quote]

tut wonder what gave you that idea

Can''t say I''m that keen on otbc myself, I know it''s the oldest football song but the lyrics are a bit of an embarrassment imo. I can remember a time when You''ll never walk alone was sung regularly at CR and many other grounds, now that is a song that makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck if it''s sung properly.