Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

'On The Ball City'

All the talk at the moment is about the pathetic effort of our fans regarding our ''songs''. Last night l thought l would count how many times ''On The Ball City'' was sung during the game, 15! The other main song was ''yarmy''. Its getting a bit painful listening to this during the match, no wonder other fans are singing ''youve only got one song'' Ha. Think you boys need some new material dont you!!

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]All the talk at the moment is about the pathetic effort of our fans regarding our ''songs''. Last night l thought l would count how many times ''On The Ball City'' was sung during the game, 15! The other main song was ''yarmy''. Its getting a bit painful listening to this during the match, no wonder other fans are singing ''youve only got one song'' Ha. Think you boys need some new material dont you!![/quote]Any ideas then? 

I''ve got some brand new and original chantsTo the tune of "DIONNN, DIONN" and "DEANO, DEANO" and "GREENO, GREENO"Simon Whaley - "WHA-LEYY, WHA-LEYY"Grant Holt - "HOLTYYY, HOLTYYY"

[quote user="NCFC-47"]Frazer the frazzle?[/quote][^o)]I haven''t heard anything new at Carrow Road since the Safri song, which was very good.  There has to be something in the offing for Grant Holt, and Cody, who is quickly becoming a bit of a cult hero.

[quote user="CT "]Always liked that ''follow the boys in yellow'' song [Y]
[/quote]

Same here, what happened to that chant?

Every time someone suggests a chant idea or has an idea about ripping off another clubs chant then people are quick to criticises yet as OP has noted there seems to be about two or three chants sung repeatedly and not much else.

IMO we don''t need anything new, it seems there''s a huge list of old songs that just don''t get sung any more. Any would do, like:

"You are my Norwich",

"If I had the wings of a sparrow",

"We are Norwich, super Norwich",

"we love you Norwich"

"When the Greens go marching in"

"Glory Glory"

or even a plain old "here we go" or ''who''s the pride of Anglia''.

....+ there''s others. I''ve no idea why they don''t seem to be sung any more

Branston, you include some old favourites there, We are Norwich, super Norwich, Carrow Road, is still sung, at least by our little group in E block! Likewise Oh when the Greens.....

The Ipswich songs are still sung, including the sparrow one, but not as much as they were, admittedly. I don''t know where you sit at the ground, but maybe part of the reason is a rapid turnover of new people in the stands, some who haven''t been to football for a long time - this season our little area has lost 5 regulars, all for differing reasons, all of them long term season ticket holders.

A few player songs no doubt will come in time, just needs someone with a loud voice and some imagination to set them up!

There was a good song about Askou on here a few weeks ago. Like most of the new songs it didnt take off . That and the Cody song just need a few people to sing it at home games for it to become known.

At the past few away games me and my mate have been to we''ve been singing our very own "Simon Lappin, King of Spain" song, it''s very simple and goes a little something like this....

(To the tune of London Bridge) "Simon Lappin; King of Spain, King of Spain, King Of Spain, Simon Lappin, King of Spain, He Looks Spanish" repeat ad nauseum

It''s a little random but I think it works quite well, and he does look very spanish.

New songs and party atmospheres tend to generate when teams are doing well or playing attractive football. When we won the Division One title, I think everyone had their own song - even Fleming who hadn''t had one for eight years or something.

Over the past three seasons there''s been no spark or really any player to be lauded with their own song just yet. Wait until Holty scores a few or Hughes begins to settle in and I''m sure something will happen.

n.b. Any song with the lyrics ''up the football league we go'' or ''and it''s off to the Premier we go'' have been null and void recently for obvious reasons

I think you need some cult heros to get the songs and chants going and with the number of loan players and new signings there has not been time to develop the cult hero, Remember "McKensie, he scored against the scum, he scored another one, McKensie!". There were songs about Ewuan too and others like "Green O"  Even Delia had a chant when she was in favour " Get yer purse out Delia!"  With the establishment of our own players and a winning side the chants will return. I sit in the Upper Barclay "D" for the joy of listening to the banter as well as watching the match.

Please God I will be back in October and I would like to thank you lot for brightening up some of my lonely nights whilst I have been away.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I''ve got some brand new and original chants

To the tune of "DIONNN, DIONN" and "DEANO, DEANO" and "GREENO, GREENO"

Simon Whaley - "WHA-LEYY, WHA-LEYY"
Grant Holt - "HOLTYYY, HOLTYYY"

[/quote]

Should be to the tune of Where''s Walley

Where? Where? Where? Where''s Whalley? oh he''s still up front being a lazy replacement for a lazy Lee Croft

At the past few away games me and my mate have been to we''ve been singing our very own "Simon Lappin, King of Spain" song, it''s very simple and goes a little something like this....

(To the tune of London Bridge) "Simon Lappin; King of Spain, King of Spain, King Of Spain, Simon Lappin, King of Spain, He Looks Spanish" repeat ad nauseum

Mate that is genius!