Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Good luck Robert Green

Apparently he is to start against both Slovenia and Croatia - according to the Telegraph. Opportunity beckons at last.

It would also be nice for Peter Crouch to silence those doubters with another goal or two.

Always good to see Norwich old boys doing well.

OTBC

YES!!  And we get the game on TV here live, so I will be watching with my boys, both NCFC fans, Norwich fans.  Do you really expect Crouch to be on the field too?  That would be awesome.  If only Ashton was there.  I have lost touch with him, but he seems to be injury prone ever since leaving Carrow Road.

Any game international with ex- or present- Norwich players is big to me and worth watching.  It doesn''t seem to be a very regular thing, unfortunately.  In too many cases, it seems a great career at  NCFC that attracts a lot of attention does not pan out for them when they move.  I may be wrong in this, but I don''t remember much fuss over such NCFC legends as Cross, McDougal, Boyer, Reeves, Fashanu, Gordon, or many others who left with great promise.  I know there are some like Sutton and .....drawing a blank.....played in Newcastle, I think.... Bowyer or something like that, a bit of a dickhead....anyways, I always celebrate NCFC players on international squads.  Even Jim Brennan, tho he seemed to be much under-rated in his time at Carrow. 

Tomorrow, US should crush El Saliva-dor at home even if the crowd is 80% El Salivador illegal gang banger MS-13s. See ya in S. Af.  

The latest news regardng Ashton is that he is considering retirement. A real shame but at least we sold him at the right time!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]The latest news regardng Ashton is that he is considering retirement. A real shame but at least we sold him at the right time![/quote]

I think his hair retired - three seasons ago.....

I also think it''s a shame if he is forced to retire, because, at his peak he was a quality striker. He scored some special and superb goals for us. He''s had a bit of a weight and injury problem - and I therefore suppose he cannot maintain consistency and quality at the top-level.....How sad.

can someone please link me to an article where it states ashton could be forced to retire through injury? I''ve seen this talked about so many times recently but have never found anything other than message board chatter backing this up. last I heard on tv a few days ago was that west ham were expecting him to make a full recovery (although can''t remember which station/ show this was on). Maybe I''ve missed something though. But back on topic, good luck to green if he does get the nod. Lets hope he takes his chance and who knows he could be a starter for the world cup.

You''re thinking of Bellamy Houston. I loved him as a player. He''s got a gob on him but he''s a player I''d love to have in any team I pick. He gives his all and has to win. He just has to. My favourite recent memory of Bellers is when we were in the premiership, he scored for Newcastle and refused to celebrate. He almost looked sorry for scoring. In the post match interview he said there was no way he''d celebrate scoring against Norwich, he owed so much to the club and what a great club he thought we were.

I''d be so disappointed if Ashton had to retire through injuries. A great player that I really had high hopes for with West Ham. He was definitely destined for first choice England striker in a few years time if you ask me.

Crouch - I don''t think England fans doubt him. He''s always done the job for Ingurland. If the fans doubt him then there''s something wrong there. Favourite quote of Peter Crouch''s ever...

"Peter what would you be if you weren''t a footballer?"

"A Virgin"

And for the original post... Keep it clean, Robert Green!

Hopefully He Will Be Able To Play A Bigger Part In These Matches, Unlike The England Game A Couple Of Months Ago Where England Hammered Some Small Team And Green Just Stood In His Box For The Entire Game Doing Nothing!!