Malky, you were a great defender and you have given us loads of great memories in the play offs, league, cup, and off course, the derbies. Thanks for all of the memories.

Sentiment aside, I am appalled with Norwich City for selling such a great defender and even though he hasn''t got much pace, he still sticks to defenders like a magnet and always gives 110%. They didn''t even give him a game in the Premiership. it was the same with Iwan.

They need to reconsider their sentiment values, and even if we are in the Premiership, both malky and iwan put in over 6 years each of loyal service and they don''t even get a season in the Premiership!

To me, it is not fair.

Well said Aaran and welcome to the forum.

The sentiments you have expressed have been well covered in the last few days and most posters have agreed with them.

All I would say in addition is that NCFC always has been and always will be my number one sporting love, but recent events with Iwan and now with Malky have nibbled at the edges of my loyalty.

Anyway onwards and upwards lets hope for 3 points sunday to cheer me up ! 

Why is everyone treating Iwan and Malky being let go as dis-loyalty?  There would be very little opportunities for them to play this year, Iwan has 1 maybe 2 seasons left in him and he should spend that time playing first-team football not being a sub for the reserves at NCFC.  Malky has his international career to think about, Vogts has already dropped Gallacher from the sqaud and he would do the same to Mackay if he is not playing regularly.  So before you start saying NCFC are being unfair to players, think about how unfair it would be for Malky''s international career to be over so soon after he waited so long for a chance and how unfair it would be on Iwan to spend his last year/s as a player not actually playing.  I think we have done both these players a service.

Ps. For those who say Iwan would not end up on the reserves sub bench, do you all remember most of last season?  All the free-kicks he gave away, the game we lost at Everton when he gave away TWO penalties.  All the times he just couldn''t keep up with play and half of this board calling him to dropped, there is no way he could have played PL for us.

You may think we''ve done both players a service but its clear that neither Iwan or Malky think so. Anyway letting them go is not really the issue, its the way its been done, which in Malky''s case has been absolutely disgraceful.But par for the course when a player falls out with NW.