Sign in to follow this  
ca

Changes in how the club will consult with fans

Haven''t seen this on here, wondered what you all thought? At least they are committing to 3 fans forums, the pm roadshows and the online Q & A sessions which a lot of clubs don''t get.

[quote] Here at your football club we are planning to revamp and improve the way we consult with all Canary supporters.

Staff at Norwich City are here for two reasons: To support the first team and to serve our supporters.

With that in mind we are proposing changes to our consultation processes which will give more fans than ever before more opportunities to air their views, concerns and questions directly to Club Directors and officials at Carrow Road and Colney.

In 1996 the Supporters Consultative Group (SCG) was formed with the key target of building bridges between the Club and fans - and ensuring supporter opinion was taken on board by NCFC when forming policies. The Group also served as a conduit of supporter opinion to Club representatives involved in SCG meetings.

Originally comprised of fans representing some of the key independent supporter organisations, the group expanded to include unaffiliated supporters from all walks of Norwich City-following life, who have met with the Club on a regular basis to discuss a wide range of issues.

In recent years successful SCG Working Groups have been launched which concentrate on specific areas including:

Pricing
Disabled Supporters
Long Distance Supporters
Home and Away Matchday Experience
Young Supporters

In addition the Club has hosted supporter roadshows at different venues around the county involving either players or Board Directors. There has also been an extensive question and answer session for shareholders after every Annual General Meeting.

Finally, the Club is one of few in the country to have offered direct interaction with club officials via the Question for the Club section of the messageboard on our official website http://www.canaries.co.uk.

Proposed changes

We are proposing a number of changes which will significantly increase the number of supporters able to consult with their football club.

1. Supporters Consultative Group
The main meetings of the Supporters Consultative Group with Club Directors and officials will no longer take place. However the more successful working groups will remain fully operational, with supporter members working with club officials to consult on a range of specific issues.

2. Supporter Forums - Board
In addition to the Q&A for shareholders following the Annual General Meeting, members of the Board will commit to meeting with supporters at three forum events each year at Carrow Road - two open to the public and one involving representatives chosen by every officially-recognised Norwich City supporter group.

3. Supporter Forums - SoccerPM! Roadshows
The Club will commit to first team squad members attending between two and four SoccerPM! roadshows at venues around the county each year.

4. Online Consultation
The Club will commit to putting a Member of the Board or senior official up for a live Q&A session on http://www.canaries.co.uk once a month.

The current Questions for the Club section of the messageboard on http://www.canaries.co.uk will be removed, although club officials will still monitor the general chat section to ensure content remains suitable for the website of a family football club.

Your views

The Club would welcome your views and opinions about our proposed changes to the way in which we consult with our supporters.

To tell us what you think you can:

Write to Consultation Changes, c/o the Media Team, Norwich City Football Club, Carrow Road, Norwich NR1 1JE

E-mail your views to media@ncfc-canaries.co.uk giving your e-mail the heading ''Consultation Changes'' [/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Haven''t seen this on here, wondered what you all thought? At least they are committing to 3 fans forums, the pm roadshows and the online Q & A sessions which a lot of clubs don''t get.

[quote]

4. Online ConsultationThe Club will commit to putting a Member of the Board or senior official up for a live Q&A session on http://www.canaries.co.uk once a month.  [/quote]

[/quote]I suggested the online Q&A idea to a director about this time last year, for various reasons. It will force fans to think about what precisely it is they want to know from the club and frame the questions accordingly. Woolly questions won''t cut it. But, equally, woolly answers won''t cut it either. Moreover, having the answers there in cyberspace for all to see will avoid the perennial problem with meetings and roadshows, where there are often differing or confused versions from those present, of exactly what was said.

I think its laughable..............

They are actually doing much LESS interaction and spinning it as some kind of improvement.......LOL!

It''s times like this when you need a professional supporters group with a strong membership

( less than 500 out of a base of 45,000 is not good enough to be taken seriously IMHO.)

I guess like most clubs they will find out they have problems when less people start coming through the gates............

By then its too late.................Good luck with that.

I think this is a good proposal.  The SCG were self-appointed and self-important and I don''t believe reflected the true voice of City fans.  A broader consultation is a much better approach, presumably also continuing with the NCISA visits and meetings.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I think this is a good proposal.  The SCG were self-appointed and self-important and I don''t believe reflected the true voice of City fans.  A broader consultation is a much better approach, presumably also continuing with the NCISA visits and meetings.

[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking too [:D]

Sorry ncfc star/ct did look and didnt see the other thread, my apologies.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Anything that halts LQ''s march to world domination gets my vote![Y][/quote]

I don''t actually mind LQ too much, she obviously loves the club but I always get a slight, sneaking suspicion that there are ulterior motives at play. In light of that I actually laughed at your comment wiz [;)] .

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Anything that halts LQ''s march to world domination gets my vote![Y][/quote]

I don''t actually mind LQ too much, she obviously loves the club but I always get a slight, sneaking suspicion that there are ulterior motives at play. In light of that I actually laughed at your comment wiz [;)] .

[/quote]

The Offy message board seems to have crashed this morning Mustachio, strange that LQ''s just returned to it![;)]

Listening to fans views is one thing. Doing something about what they say is another.

Doomcaster did lots of listening..and then ignored everything anybody said to him.

[quote user="whoareyou"]Listening to fans views is one thing. Doing something about what they say is another. Doomcaster did lots of listening..and then ignored everything anybody said to him.[/quote]

This has always been exactly my point. Doncaster and Munby seemed to spend half their lives listening to fans. Listening is one thing but doing what the fans say is another. If this messageboard is anything to go by the fans would have done no better than the board. We can change our minds willy nilly and forget the decisions we would have made in the past. We can tear it up and start again just like on a computer game. The board are stuck with the decisions they make and have to live with them. Their mistakes are with them and have a direct affect on the following decisions. In reality you can never really tear it up and start again, the consequences stay with you.

Shareholders have the opportunity to speak and vote at the AGM. Even though the masses could always be out voted I suggest that a united opinion shown there would be much more difficult to ignore than what is said by fans at any public supporters forum.

Fans consultation over fans issues such as ticketing, travel, pricing etc. have made these things much fairer and better than they were before. It''s right to carry this on and the club do right to not only listen but also act on what they hear.

It is a BIG step backwards. It is really amazing that they are trying to spin it as a step forwards.

They are pulling accountability to the Supporters Consultative Group - which worked well over ticket pricing etc.

"On-line Consultation" is being cut back to just a live Q&A session one a month. This means the club will be slower to react to issues, and how will they deal with lots of people on-line asking questions all at once?

As for the other stuff, they were already sending players to SoccerPM and the Board were doing Roadshows. So it looks like they are only doing the same as they were or cutting back. They legally have to have an AGM so that''s nothing special to brag about.

Don''t forget that we also have the new restrictions on fans going to training sessions.

I''m really disappointed that these things are being cut back. The club is starting to pull down the shutters to the fans. Clubs start taking these actions when they are looking to hide from things they can see coming around the corner. Is administration on the the way?

The club will be a bit less special for me.

I see what you mean, what have half the things actually achieved though? So don''t think it will feel much different.

Anyway, as we all know, if we start getting good results on a regular basis nobody will care how secretive or not that they are.

The secrecy shutters are coming down - and now those ''special in the knows'' who like to think they were exclusive and privy to the inner workings of the Carra Cogworks....Will now blankly stare at the opposite side of the shutters; with there gargantuan noses pushed out of joint - not dissimilar to an England RU prop forwards....Contemplating their next networking ploy on how to get grace and favour.....