Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Why does 1/4 of carrow road make all the noise?

Ive been at every home game for the past 10 years at least.  But consistantly The Barclay and the snake pit make all the noise.  Quite often i look over to the Jarrold stand and its like a photogragh over there, lifeless, just like the River end and most of the city stand.  It seems the only time that these stands actually move is when city score a goal or at half time when the pies are ready.  Ok i apologise if you are in these stands and you try to get things going but seriously, its not right.  You are there to support your team so how about you get up and make an effort like us lot in the Barclay/snake pit.  From the 1st OTBC to the end we are singing and chanting and yelling at each other, "Were the Barclay" "were the snake pit".  Today i reckon the Barclay and The Snake pit as a collective,  should now start to sing.  "SING UP THE SOUTH STAND" at least. or river end.  Lets try and wake the dead.  lol  

Come and sit where i do, in the jarrold, all the fans bar the old ones (which there are a few of) sing,  snakepit looks empty whenever i look at it...

I sit in the jarrold, but if I got up and sang I''d just look like a prat! Nobody sings there, because nobody knows the words!

exactly what i thought. the snakepit never looks full these days and sitting where i am in the river end with my kids you can hardly here and make out the words that either the barclay or snakepit sing anymore and they are never in time with each other. would make sense to sort themselves out first before moaning about the other stands and dont get me started on all that rubbish about your only a true supporter if you sing and shout all game!!!!!!!!!!!

Because no one wants to sing on their own in the Jarrold so they don''t bother to join in with the chants from the Barclay and the Snakepit.

back in the 80''s when I was just a young lad there was singing from the River End when I stood there with my dad. Sadly it is no more & we in the Barclay have to carry the atmosphere ourselves. Its a shame because other clubs have noise from all over the ground.

i sit in the river end, right at the top, its normally quite quiet apart from a group of about a dozen of us who make more noise the the rest of the tier put together

i remember in the river end years ago, we used to sing "sing up the barcley" alot

[quote user="matt crowhurst"] dont get me started on all that rubbish about your only a true supporter if you sing and shout all game!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]It doesnt matter what type of supporter you are. at least make an effort to create the atmosphere at carrow road.  If it wasnt for us lot in the barclay and snake pit, Carrow Road would be a grave yard. very quiet.  If you are at the game later today then who cares what you look like getting up and singing.  it might encourage others to join you in song. Prove us wrong and lets see you out sing us.

[quote user="barclay_canary"][quote user="matt crowhurst"] dont get me started on all that rubbish about your only a true supporter if you sing and shout all game!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

It doesnt matter what type of supporter you are. at least make an effort to create the atmosphere at carrow road.  If it wasnt for us lot in the barclay and snake pit, Carrow Road would be a grave yard. very quiet.  If you are at the game later today then who cares what you look like getting up and singing.  it might encourage others to join you in song. Prove us wrong and lets see you out sing us.
[/quote]

Get over yourself mate,sorry but i get a bit fed up of fans trying to have a pop at other fans because of where they sit or if they sing or not,just let fans support the team how they like and if they choose to sing then good on them,i sit in the N&P and there are a good few of us who sing scream and shout all through the game but they just don''t come on here to tell everyone about it like so many from the Barclay and Snakepit do!!! We all support the same team, stop with all the bloody them and us cr*p will you please!![:D]

[quote user="Lineo"]I sit in the jarrold, but if I got up and sang I''d just look like a prat! [/quote]Whereas if you stayed sitting down and silent, you''d still look like a prat but nobody would notice you.

Another top tier River-ender here adding his tu''ppence worth. There is a good few of us up here who attempt to get the singing going or join in the Barclay chants. I find the singing is relative to the performance/score on the pitch when people have a tendency to moan get on the players backs (myself not included.) The Barclay is obviously the loudest stand and always has been due in no small part to its proximity to the away fans section.