Otsemobor Nelson Askou Lappin

McVeigh Hughes Adeyemi Martin

Cureton Holt

Nope, for me its gotta be :

Alnwick

Spillane, Nelson, Askou, Drury

Mcveigh, Hughes, Adeyemi, Lappin

Holt, Cureton.

Subs : Forster, Semi, Doc, OTJ, Martin, Cody Mac, Russel.

Alnwick because Forster has played 1 game so hard to tell and the title of the thread is "best team SO FAR".

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

So we all agree on the spine of the team!

Nelson Askou

Hughes Adeyemi

Cureton Holt

[/quote]

Adeyemi?

From what I have seen Korey Smith looks better, better first touch, gets stuck in more and seems to get more involved inthe game.  Don''t get me wrong I think Adeyemi is a good player and I think he will turn into a great player, but at the moment Smith seems to want it more.

My team would be;

Forster
Otsemobor Nelson Askou Drury
McVeigh Hughes Smith Lappin
Cureton Holt 

So the best 3 so far are:

Askou

Hughes

Holt

[/quote]

I think that is narrowing it down to much!!! Lappin deserves a mention!!!!

How is Cureton getting into so many teams?He''s played about 3 games now, has provided no real effective partnership with Holt, and hasn''t really come close to scoring a goal, which, lets face facts, is all he can really now contribute on a football pitch, and at that, the be all and end all to his game. And as far as i can see he is currently failing even that miserably... And i don''t want all that "one goal will give him confidence" rubbish. If you''ve truly been following Norwich for the past two years, you''d know well not to notice that kind of talk. Never has the old cliche "like a broken record" seemed so applicable.He may score one or two, and it''ll be at least a couple of months before we see him put the ball in the back of the net again. And, truth be told, i don''t honestly believe he can make the ''major'' breakthrough of scoring one anymore anyway, bar being given the easiest of oppertunities on a plate.I''ve never been one to over-hype Cody myself, but he''s ''scored'', he has ''pace'', he''s young and will only get better, he forms an effective partnership and understanding with Holt, and he always puts in an extra shift. We best not over work him admittedly, and there are certainly rough edges to his game, but i consider him far more deserving, and capable than Cureton. On that front, i honestly struggle to find it worthy of comparison, and thats more to do with Cureton having shown ''nothing'' to signal that he will make any sort of positive differnce for us this season, rather than the current ability of Cody. Jamie is no more than a handicap, a burden, and an empty void in our side that could be filled rather with someone remotely capable on a football pitch with a ball at his feet.And if it''s not Cody taking his place, i''d happily have Martin ahead of him.

Forster

Semmy/Spillane    Askou     Nelson     Drury

McVeigh    Hughes    Smith    Lappin

Holt     Martin/Cody

Cureton. Martin would start for me. McDonald has had a chance but still McDonald is quicker, gets in better postitions and creates more chances than Cureton.

[quote user="Brendan"]Nope, for me its gotta be :

Alnwick

Spillane, Nelson, Askou, Drury

Mcveigh, Hughes, Adeyemi, Lappin

Holt, Cureton.

Subs : Forster, Semi, Doc, OTJ, Martin, Cody Mac, Russel.

Alnwick because Forster has played 1 game so hard to tell and the title of the thread is "best team SO FAR".[/quote]

Brendan you feeling ok ? you didnt put Otsemobor in your starting 11 [:O]

[quote user="John"]How is Cureton getting into so many teams?

He''s played about 3 games now, has provided no real effective partnership with Holt, and hasn''t really come close to scoring a goal, which, lets face facts, is all he can really now contribute on a football pitch, and at that, the be all and end all to his game. And as far as i can see he is currently failing even that miserably... And i don''t want all that "one goal will give him confidence" rubbish. If you''ve truly been following Norwich for the past two years, you''d know well not to notice that kind of talk. Never has the old cliche "like a broken record" seemed so applicable.

He may score one or two, and it''ll be at least a couple of months before we see him put the ball in the back of the net again. And, truth be told, i don''t honestly believe he can make the ''major'' breakthrough of scoring one anymore anyway, bar being given the easiest of oppertunities on a plate.

I''ve never been one to over-hype Cody myself, but he''s ''scored'', he has ''pace'', he''s young and will only get better, he forms an effective partnership and understanding with Holt, and he always puts in an extra shift. We best not over work him admittedly, and there are certainly rough edges to his game, but i consider him far more deserving, and capable than Cureton. On that front, i honestly struggle to find it worthy of comparison, and thats more to do with Cureton having shown ''nothing'' to signal that he will make any sort of positive differnce for us this season, rather than the current ability of Cody.

Jamie is no more than a handicap, a burden, and an empty void in our side that could be filled rather with someone remotely capable on a football pitch with a ball at his feet.

And if it''s not Cody taking his place, i''d happily have Martin ahead of him.
[/quote]

At last!! Some sanity amongst the madness. Well said John!!  Please, please someone tell me why we are atill playing a striker who can''t score?? 2 goals in 2 seasons wouldn''t get him into anyone elses team.

Alnwick

Spillane        Any  Any    Drury

McVeigh Hughes Smith Lappin

?   Holt

Alnwick instead of Foster purely because I have not seen the latter.  Lappin has been a revelation for city since starting and that midfield 4 looks balanced and hard working - Smith impressess over Adeyemi too - so would keep Lappin in the middle.

In defence to it seems perverse to drop Drury who has been the best performing defender at the club so far this season!!  His is the only confirmed defender for me.  Every other single defender has been suspect.   Spillane gets the nod at right back as he has been better there and defends more consistently and solidly than Ots.   In the middle,  perm and 2 from the 3.   All have consistently made serious howlers so its hard to support any of them.

Up front Holt starts,  and Cody is a confirmed sub,  but as Brentford this week showed Cody has so much to learn before he is consistent enough to start a game.  Cureton is a better starter than cody purely on the grounds that Cody has more impact when he comes on as a sub,  neither cureton nor cody have had any impact when starting.  Martin, Maric and Daley are also unimpressive so far - and that perhaps explains why we tried 4-5-1 on Tues evening...  and why it remains worth trying Hoolahan there ths weekend,   we will be paying his wages anyway,  it may work for us as a team and it also puts him back in  the spotlight for a possible buyer/loan club!

Because people think Lambert is some kind of saint at the moment and he will convert Jamie back to 20 goals a season.

I would go with most people''s teams except i would swap Cureton for Cody or Hoolahan. How people can say Cureton has played better than them is beyond me.

Im still not convinced with Nelson, so id have Spillaine CB with Askou and Semmy right back (even though it makes me cringe saying it)!

[quote user="ryan1992"]

Forster

Semmy/Spillane    Askou     Nelson     Drury

McVeigh    Hughes    Smith    Lappin

Holt     Martin/Cody

[/quote]

i would agree with this but for the future id have russell if at club fighting for a place in the team

Forster

Otsemobor Nelson Askou Lappin

McVeigh Hughes Adeyemi Martin

Cureton Holt

[/quote]

No way Sith has been miles better then Adeyemi and i dunno where you gt martin from lappin in midfield and drury left back

Has everyone forgotten Wes...?

We played 4-5-1 against Brentford and the system worked well, just some of the players were lacking..

------------------------Forster(Rudd)------------------------

Spillane(Semmy)-Nelson(Spillane)-Askou-Lappin(Drury)

---------------Hughes(Russell)------ Smith(Adayemi)----------------

McVeigh(Whaley)-----Hoolahan-------------- Martin(Lappin)

-------------------------Holt---------------------------

[quote user="John"]How is Cureton getting into so many teams?

He''s played about 3 games now, has provided no real effective partnership with Holt, and hasn''t really come close to scoring a goal, which, lets face facts, is all he can really now contribute on a football pitch, and at that, the be all and end all to his game. And as far as i can see he is currently failing even that miserably... And i don''t want all that "one goal will give him confidence" rubbish. If you''ve truly been following Norwich for the past two years, you''d know well not to notice that kind of talk. Never has the old cliche "like a broken record" seemed so applicable.

He may score one or two, and it''ll be at least a couple of months before we see him put the ball in the back of the net again. And, truth be told, i don''t honestly believe he can make the ''major'' breakthrough of scoring one anymore anyway, bar being given the easiest of oppertunities on a plate.

I''ve never been one to over-hype Cody myself, but he''s ''scored'', he has ''pace'', he''s young and will only get better, he forms an effective partnership and understanding with Holt, and he always puts in an extra shift. We best not over work him admittedly, and there are certainly rough edges to his game, but i consider him far more deserving, and capable than Cureton. On that front, i honestly struggle to find it worthy of comparison, and thats more to do with Cureton having shown ''nothing'' to signal that he will make any sort of positive differnce for us this season, rather than the current ability of Cody.

Jamie is no more than a handicap, a burden, and an empty void in our side that could be filled rather with someone remotely capable on a football pitch with a ball at his feet.

And if it''s not Cody taking his place, i''d happily have Martin ahead of him.
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more John, spot on fella.

I''d like to see cody for 90mins against Walsall, I think his pace can cause real problems in league one...

[quote user="Lineo"]I''d like to see cody for 90mins against Walsall, I think his pace can cause real problems in league one...
[/quote]

Agreed, i think Walsall are the going to be the ''whipping boys'' this season, so i think its the chance to give Cody 90 mins and see how he gets on!

alnwick - not seen Forster yetotsemnelsonaskoudrurymcveighhighessmithlappinholtcuretonhave not included wes as its best team so far and he doesnt come close to being in as hardly played and when has he hasnt looked interested and i have included cureton as he has linked play well, looked to have a good understanding with Holt who obviously likes playing with him and does a lot of work off the ball making spaces for other people and has made good runs into space only for the final ball to be delayed