Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Should we give Bryan Gunn some credit in his transfer dealings....

Gunn was/is a leech first, a good player second and he never was a manager..........ever...............and he gets no credit from me at all, only my contempt for our worse day in our history.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Gunn was/is a leech first, a good player second and he never was a manager..........ever...............and he gets no credit from me at all, only my contempt for our worse day in our history.[/quote]

Bit harsh there Wizard. Gunny wasn''t cut out to be a manager but he''s a top class person, a decent guy and will always have a special place in many people''s hearts

[quote user="Dronny Canary"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[quote user="NCFC League1"]There are more duds in Gunns signings than good ones , he was out of his depth in every department of football management and we should just be thankful he was removed by McNally as quickly as Delia appointed him .
[/quote]

I agree and wonder why some people seem to continually try to put some kind of positive gloss on what was a truly awful part of our club''s history.  In my view Bryan will always be a legend at Carrow Road - but for the player he was not in any way how he was as a manager. 

[/quote]

OK so which of the 12 signings do you think are terrible..................

You agreed there are more duds than good players.......... name the 7+ duds Gunn signed.............

[/quote]

Here goes (and this is just my opinion!) Theo, Gill, Whaley, OTJ, Maric, Nelson (will turn out to be the new Doc only with even less skill!), Wiggins (so far - will we ever see him play).  I also like Paul McVeigh and think he is adding to the overall team at the moment but that''s very much a short term one isn''t it?).  How about the general point though.  Why the constant trying to put a positive gloss on an awful spell in charge?

[/quote]

LOL, you listed Wiggins a dud even before he has even played a game............

Quality opinion!

Sort of have to agree a little. Wasn''t he a player we actually spent money on because of his age?

He might turn out to be great, but we actually needed to spend the money on players who were going to play today, as we need to go back up at the first time of asking, else Norwich are doomed for financial meltdown.

[quote user="NCFC League1"]If we have bought a player that cannot play a game that makes him a dud .
[/quote]

I tend to judge the quality of my food after I have tasted it..........

How you can possibly have an opinion on the quality of a player without seeing them play is mindblowing.........

He could be quality , the best player on the planet but if he turns out to be forever injured and does not play a game then he is no good to us is he .

[quote user="NCFC League1"]He could be quality , the best player on the planet but if he turns out to be forever injured and does not play a game then he is no good to us is he .
[/quote]

So then he is "questionable" not a 100% dud............ Unless you have a crystal ball and know that he will be "forever injured" you cannot possibly give that opinion.

Grant Holt could get injured next week..........is he a dud based on the fact he "might" get injured? 

My intuition - and I admit it is far too early to tell, is that Gunn''s signings are very similar to Grant''s in his only close season. Both of them bought a lot of players, most of whom seemed pretty mediocre.

Oh, and Wiz, give it a rest. Gunn was a ridiculous appointment as manager and a disgraceful re-appointment, but he was the beating heart of our best-ever team and deserves more respect than your witless rantings.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="NCFC League1"]If we have bought a player that cannot play a game that makes him a dud .
[/quote]

How you can possibly have an opinion on the quality of a player without seeing them play is mindblowing.........

[/quote]

Since when was buying injured players the smart thing to do?  Also, given that all of "Gunn''s" buys have only been here weeks and at most played only a handful of games, how can you or anyone else judge any of them to be a success?  To come back to your analogy, it''s like judging a whole meal on the first mouthful! 

[quote user="Dronny Canary"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="NCFC League1"]If we have bought a player that cannot play a game that makes him a dud .[/quote]

[/quote]

Since when was buying injured players the smart thing to do?  Also, given that all of "Gunn''s" buys have only been here weeks and at most played only a handful of games, how can you or anyone else judge any of them to be a success?  To come back to your analogy, it''s like judging a whole meal on the first mouthful! 

[/quote]Speaking for myself, if the first mouth full tastes shiite, I won''t eat the the.