Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

My thoughts on today

Walsall could have well snatched all three points had it not been for lucky misses from Byfield. No one on the two teams particularly stood out for me, and as such no one was that bad either.  The match was boring, full of hoofball and lacked attacking ideas. Player ratings: all about 6. Nobody took the match by the scruff of the neck, midfield was lacking at the best of times- only part of the team I can credit to any degree is the defence. Got a clean sheet and looked threatening from corners and set pieces.Oh and as for lambert, my only criticisms of him were for starting Curo in front of Macdonald and for not having Hoolahan on the bench.I just hope that this match isnt repeated that often this year. Very very boring.

[quote user="CT "]Walsall could have well snatched all three points had it not been for lucky misses from Byfield. No one on the two teams particularly stood out for me, and as such no one was that bad either.  The match was boring, full of hoofball and lacked attacking ideas. Player ratings: all about 6. Nobody took the match by the scruff of the neck, midfield was lacking at the best of times- only part of the team I can credit to any degree is the defence. Got a clean sheet and looked threatening from corners and set pieces.Oh and as for lambert, my only criticisms of him were for starting Curo in front of Macdonald and for not having Hoolahan on the bench.I just hope that this match isnt repeated that often this year. Very very boring.[/quote]Summed it up well CT, defence was tight but why oh why did Curo start over Cody.Smith - as much as he is a youth product and no doubt one for the future, I think we needed a bit more experience in the midfield today.  (Although it was bypassed anyway!).

[quote user="Babyface"][quote user="CT "]Walsall could have well snatched all three points had it not been for lucky misses from Byfield.

No one on the two teams particularly stood out for me, and as such no one was that bad either.  The match was boring, full of hoofball and lacked attacking ideas.

Player ratings: all about 6. Nobody took the match by the scruff of the neck, midfield was lacking at the best of times- only part of the team I can credit to any degree is the defence. Got a clean sheet and looked threatening from corners and set pieces.

Oh and as for lambert, my only criticisms of him were for starting Curo in front of Macdonald and for not having Hoolahan on the bench.

I just hope that this match isnt repeated that often this year. Very very boring.

[/quote]

Summed it up well CT, defence was tight but why oh why did Curo start over Cody.

Smith - as much as he is a youth product and no doubt one for the future, I think we needed a bit more experience in the midfield today.  (Although it was bypassed anyway!).
[/quote]

The game was very mediocre. Will it be remembered as the one where the cross bar challenge didn''t happen? Obviously the other goal was surounded by fog or they forgot it was there!!

I would imagine Cody was on the bench because his first touch still needs working on, despite his eye for goal, quickness & footie brain. Also Wes didn''t really ignite fires against Wycombe - either he needs to adapt to a different style of play or the team needs to be styled around him. Which would you do as a a manager? Yes he can create but I don''t think we''ve really ever got the best out of him since he got here. He hasn''t found the right person to partner him.

[quote user="CDMullins"]If Cody hasnt got a first touch now, he will never have one![/quote]Joking aint ya, young lad in his first season as a pro

Are you for real??

He''s 22 years old, if he cant control a ball now he''ll never be able to.

Its the first skill you get taught has a kid.

You cant get better at it, you can either do it or cant do it!

So each one of our players has a fantastic first touch then? 100% EVERY first touch of the ball goes where the player intended it to go? 100% put the ball to the feet of the player they are passing to; 100% first touches to shoot, score a goal; 100% cross the ball from a corner to where the players are in the box.

OK maybe 100% is unrealistic, but every player can always improve. There''s no such thing as the 100% perfect player. Everyone can improve & get better, at whatever they do. Practise...

& no, not every kid learns to control the ball - only kids who play football learn this skill.

Course they dont, thats why there playing in league 1!

Any player who is older than 16 cannot learn to control a ball better!

You cant practice a first touch.

McVeigh cannot start another league game when we have Wes Hoolahan sitting around doing nothing. The team for MK looks good mate, but replace McVeigh with Russell and Play 4-3-1-2 with Holt and McDonald upfront would be my suggestion.