Sign in to follow this  
Houston Canary

Disallowed goal

All I have to follow the game is PInkun reporter giving play by play.  He thought the goal was clean, no foul. Anyone disagree, ''cause I am steamed about the ref costing us 2 points!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]All I have to follow the game is PInkun reporter giving play by play.  He thought the goal was clean, no foul. Anyone disagree, ''cause I am steamed about the ref costing us 2 points![/quote]

Foul on the keeper from Holt i think it was,i''m afraid the ref was spot on.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]All I have to follow the game is PInkun reporter giving play by play.  He thought the goal was clean, no foul. Anyone disagree, ''cause I am steamed about the ref costing us 2 points![/quote]

Foul on keeper and defender from holt, without a doubt !

must admit from where i sat right behind the goal it looked as if it was 6 of 1 and half dozen of the other, dont think it was a foul, spoke to a couple of walsall fans who said it looked clean and they couldnt understand why it had been disallowed there certainly wasnt no infringement on the players involved in the goal, any other time that wouldve been given

[quote user="Barbie"]Clear view from where I sat, Holt on the keeper. Ref got it bang on.[/quote]

Right in front of me, the ref got it spot on.

Unfortunately.

I''ve seen them given but any honest supporter has to admit that we deserved nothing today.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Barbie"]Clear view from where I sat, Holt on the keeper. Ref got it bang on.[/quote]

Unfortunately.

I''ve seen them given but any honest supporter has to admit that we deserved nothing today.

[/quote]

Was about the only thing he did get right then, never known such bad reffing, any other day and that goal would have stood, it has happened here before today  

[quote user="gsr600"]must admit from where i sat right behind the goal it looked as if it was 6 of 1 and half dozen of the other, dont think it was a foul, spoke to a couple of walsall fans who said it looked clean and they couldnt understand why it had been disallowed there certainly wasnt no infringement on the players involved in the goal, any other time that wouldve been given[/quote]

Thats not really possible when a keeper is involved. The keeper will get every decision. Anyway, we should have had a penalty.

From the barclay it looked like a melee where the keeper was blocked so was not surprised that a foul was given 

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="ricardo"]

Unfortunately.

[/quote]

Was about the only thing he did get right then, never known such bad reffing, any other day and that goal would have stood, it has happened here before today  

[/quote]

He got a lot wrong in front of us in the Barclay Pete, and much of it was in our favour.

Was in the Barclay, so have no opinion on the goal as such. The ref was awful imo, but not necessarily against us. Just way too quick to stop play, overly interfering and if there is a good game of football played under him this season it will be a miracle.

If you check the picture on canaries.co.uk, Holt is nowhere near the keeper. He''s having a bit of a tussle with the defenders though.

The foul was just as the corner was being taken Holt and the keeper came together and then Holt tried to block the defenders as the picture shows, definite foul would be given every time and was a bit naive of Holt considering how effective we can be from corners

I think the other thing refs need to get right in this is that would the keeper have been able to get to it? From the replay you have a melee of Holt a defender and the keeper all of which seem to get in each others way. Most importantly I dont think any of them would have been able to stop the header which went in.I think the FA needs to clear up the rules around keepers. I have seen keepers use their hands to push players out of the way to grab the ball and nothing is ever given yet if an outfield player was to do the same it would be a straight yellow.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]All I have to follow the game is PInkun reporter giving play by play.  He thought the goal was clean, no foul. Anyone disagree, ''cause I am steamed about the ref costing us 2 points![/quote] Your steamed! It cost me 125 quid on a accumulator bet as well as the 2 points!!

[quote user="6th May 1939"]Simon Lappin scored a perfectly good goal direct from a free-kick at Charlton. Which model of fair and incorruptible refereeing ruled that one out?

I think it''s not the rules around keepers that should be the FA''s first priority.[/quote]

That was a really good free-kick!

I have watched it now and i still can''t see what the problem was? Can anyone enlighten me?Holt seems to far from the goalie to have fouled him.Was there a shove on the defender?

(Ps on BBC iplayer 29 mins)

the ref buggered us over IMO, whats wrong with standing your ground?

The replay doesn''t show much pushing, does the ref seriously think that Holt''s gonna get out of the way for the defender to clear it.

I''ve watched the replay about 5 times now, and I can''t see a single thing wrong. I couldn''t make out anything wrong at the match either, so it seems to me the ref has got himself some sweet revenge for Lambert''s comments early in the season. Robbed, completely robbed!