Sign in to follow this  
Go Wash Your Mouth Out Son

Kids for a quid

Yeah, wallsall and Orient are both a quid for u16''s. It will be much less noticable though for league games! I can assure you.

jksla, people dont mind kids being there. Its just that at the Brentford game the other night there were alot of youngsters using bad language etc.

[quote user="Brendan"]jksla, people dont mind kids being there. Its just that at the Brentford game the other night there were alot of youngsters using bad language etc.[/quote]That''s due to the fact that quite a few of the youths their midweek weren''t City fans.  I know of about 12 people that went and have no interest in City, it''s just something to do.  So long as they keep this ''kids for a quid'' up these people will come as it''s something to do at the weekend that costs next to nothing.  The kids for a quid should apply just for under twelves and then under 16''s pay a fiver or something.  Less of the ''glory hunters'' would come then.

Kids 4 a quid at league games usually have to be accompanied and are generally in the family areas so not as many eejits in the main stands luckily

Kids for a quid has got to be the way of bringing in the next generation. Get them in there and they might start to enjoy and support their local team. They are certainly not "Glory Hunters" as has been suggested. When was the last time we had any "Glory" at Carrow Road.

If they come enough they will adopt the behaviour around them, esp if they realise they look like plonkers. Thats just how society works. You conform to the norm

[quote user="BarclayJJ"]They''ve done it again :( http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/Tickets/0,,10355~1741610,00.html Beware of the little hooligans spoiling the normal banter.[/quote]

Kids are little hooligans are they? you silly person

I am not one to praise the board very often but we went through a spell 8 or 9 years ago where virtually every game was kids for a quid. While it was somewhat annoying at the time, getting youngsters in the ground and hopefully converting them into Norwich fans of the future can never be a bad thing. I am sure some of those kids who are now in their late teens/early twenties are now season ticket holders, it is good for the club. It is about the only thing at this club that has been a long term sucess in the last decade is the growth in supporter base.

So kids should be banned permanently from all football games. Wake up you narrow-minded individual.

[quote user="Felixfan"]They also spend money in the ground which would not have been spent otherwise.[/quote]

Yes and it stopped them playing out in the rain

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]When they going to do Grandads-For-A-Quid then ? ? ? ? ?[/quote]

Oh yes please 23 quid for a season ticket, Nar can''t be that generous 

i payed £50 to renew my U-16 season ticket, and by them letting kids in for a quid, is decreasing the value of my ticket. so to put it this way, I''VE BEEN ROBBED!

[quote user="Longy"]I am not one to praise the board very often but we went through a spell 8 or 9 years ago where virtually every game was kids for a quid. While it was somewhat annoying at the time, getting youngsters in the ground and hopefully converting them into Norwich fans of the future can never be a bad thing. I am sure some of those kids who are now in their late teens/early twenties are now season ticket holders, it is good for the club. It is about the only thing at this club that has been a long term sucess in the last decade is the growth in supporter base.[/quote]Well said.

I think we are now benefiting from this policy from years back, we have gone from crowds of 16 or 17,000 to full houses each home game, so dont anyone knock it....how many of you went as a kid for a quid with your Mum or Dad?

I am taking my 9yr old daughter to the Orient game for a quid so hopefully she will continue to get the bug & be a season ticket holder in the future.

[quote user="Rach94"]i payed £50 to renew my U-16 season ticket, and by them letting kids in for a quid, is decreasing the value of my ticket. so to put it this way, I''VE BEEN ROBBED![/quote]

My view exactly paid a total of £160 for my boys season tickets U16 and U12!

[quote user="danny boy"]I think we are now benefiting from this policy from years back, we have gone from crowds of 16 or 17,000 to full houses each home game, so dont anyone knock it....how many of you went as a kid for a quid with your Mum or Dad? I am taking my 9yr old daughter to the Orient game for a quid so hopefully she will continue to get the bug & be a season ticket holder in the future.[/quote]

It`s not the accompanied ones who are the problem !

I don''t think all the bad language is due to ''youths.'' I think there have been some adults swearing as well, should we limit the amount of adults going into the game too and complain. I am 19 years old so not exactly a youth and i think it''s unfair to narrow it all down to ''youths.'' Yes there are bad language with youths but there is with adults too so it goes both ways.

[quote user="YoungCanary"]I don''t think all the bad language is due to ''youths.'' I think there have been some adults swearing as well, should we limit the amount of adults going into the game too and complain. I am 19 years old so not exactly a youth and i think it''s unfair to narrow it all down to ''youths.'' Yes there are bad language with youths but there is with adults too so it goes both ways.[/quote]

Listen, mate, there`s swearing and then there`s SWEARING.

None of the kids round me were over 14..boys and girls..with language to curl your hair in front of my herd. In the street it`s not acceptable. At a football ground it happens but even there is generally restricted to the odd chant or one off outburst.

What went on Tuesday was out of order

I''m afraid i wasn''t there on Tuesday so i don''t know about that. But you are always going to get that at football grounds as you said, on the street yer thatis stupid and everything. Im not saying they are innocent or anything. It can be adults as well though was what i was saying, id rather have some swearing than what took place between West Ham and Millwall (a very rare example i know, just stating that it could be worse even if swearing on the street isn''t right).