Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

OT: Diving

Bit off topic but is anyone else getting slightly annoyed about how much everyone is going on about diving. Its been going on for years and the worst one isnt even playing in England anymore and yet just because Eduardo got a two game ban for it they cant stop going on about it. I mean on sky sports they are asking just about everyone on the issue. I even saw Paul Lambert being asked about it on sky sports news today. Im trying to think who else they can ask about it. Maybe arsenals coach driver?

[quote user="seby1991"]

Bit off topic but is anyone else getting slightly annoyed about how much everyone is going on about diving. Its been going on for years and the worst one isnt even playing in England anymore and yet just because Eduardo got a two game ban for it they cant stop going on about it. I mean on sky sports they are asking just about everyone on the issue. I even saw Paul Lambert being asked about it on sky sports news today. Im trying to think who else they can ask about it. Maybe arsenals coach driver?

[/quote]

Yes agreed I think he should have got 4 match ban, did you see that smerk on his face when he was given the penalty, he is nothing but a cheat. And I stand by what I have always said If a player no matter who it is that  dives down in the box  should be red carded

I agree that extra technology may be necessary to properly referee games

However the current rules mean that in 99.9% of games the referee is the sole arbiter (along with his two officials) with perhaps help from the fourth official, in exception alcircumstances.

It is currently the responsibility of the referee to get himself into position where he can correclly judge fair or foul play

The fact that generally the referee is not close enough to accurately judge key penalty area activity cannot be used as a reason to randomly pick and judge selective incidents to act on

FIFA has rejected the technology options, unfortunately, so in my opinion the only easy option would to get the fourth official doing a real job

One referee in each half, concentrating aroiund and inside the penalty area would generate huge improvements

The fact that referees would only have to run less than half the distance they currently have to - and more importantly they could judge corners and free kicks from the goal line

So stop the random witch hunt and improve decision making by numbers or technology

Arthur, i wouldnt say owen to be honest, he seems quite an honest player.

And yeah, Diving SHOULD be a red card offence + 2 match ban. That WOULD surely stop people doing it.

I hate to say it and will probably get murdered for it, but when hucks went over, did seem a little bit OTT a few times :S.

[quote user="Brendan"]Arthur, i wouldnt say owen to be honest, he seems quite an honest player. .[/quote]

Watch how easily owen goes down, maybe a bit harsh as hes not a strong lad I suppose. But I stand by the fact that Gerrard and Rooney are dirty diving tosspots, with Gerrard going down like a amsterdam hooker with 50 euros in her pocket.

If you don''t go down, you don''t get decisions - solve the issue with the Ref''s not giving fouls when a player stands up to a foul, and you won''t have to have simulation as the only means to actually get a foul.You get fouled, once, twice, three times and get nothing, no matter how honest you are, next time you are gonna hit the deck... happened to Hux all the time, and yes, he''d have to end up faking it to get any decision.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]Wayne Rooneys full of crap!!! Rooney, Owen and Gerrard are the top 3 worst divers in the country!!![/quote]Spot on. Yet some in the media love to trot out the old crap that its all foreign players who do it. Did they never see Franny Lee?

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]Wayne Rooneys full of crap!!! Rooney, Owen and Gerrard are the top 3 worst divers in the country!!![/quote]Spot on. Yet some in the media love to trot out the old crap that its all foreign players who do it. Did they never see Franny Lee?[/quote]I think there are two points in this whole thing which are important. Firstly FIFA or whoever conserned took up the complaint and used televised replays to sanction the player. This is all very well said and done but are they now going to do this for every single incident? Are they going to introduce a fourth official to have access to TV replays?Firstly the answers are ''no'' and so I have to agree with Wenger. Why use it to punish a player when you have stated you will not use the technology and then go on to say that you will maintain that stance. They trialed it and it worked brilliantly so why not use it? Instead they are proposing to have two more match officials every game, one behind each goal. So instead of four officials you will now have five. The problem with this is where are they suddenly going to find the extra officials from to do it?

Thats spot on. Whilst I agree with carding for diving I don''t agree with Eduardo being singled out for it. Of course Europeans aren''t the only ones to have been diving, but they have certainly had a higher frequency of it in past years.

Players MUST NOT be singled out and this rule must be applied to all games. We all know it won''t be, why does anyone think that is?

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="Brendan"]Arthur, i wouldnt say owen to be honest, he seems quite an honest player. .[/quote]

Watch how easily owen goes down, maybe a bit harsh as hes not a strong lad I suppose. But I stand by the fact that Gerrard and Rooney are dirty diving tosspots, with Gerrard going down like a amsterdam hooker with 50 euros in her pocket.

[/quote][:D][:D]And so true.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]Brilliant

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote][:D][:D]And so true.

[/quote]Funny. I posted that about 3 minutes before Rooney''s latest dive!

Thing is, if one of our players ''dived'' in the penalty area in the 90th minute today, and we scored the winner, i think less than half of the people on here would complain!

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8682_5538501,00.html

God Terry talks some crap...

[quote user="hogesar"]Thing is, if one of our players ''dived'' in the penalty area in the 90th minute today, and we scored the winner, i think less than half of the people on here would complain!
[/quote]

If our player does it then he overbalanced and fell over.  If an opposition player does it then he''s a cheat.  In the same way as when one of our players fouls someone he was always "going for the ball" and when it is an opposition player it''s an obvious red card offence.  Also, if a ref makes a mistake and gives a decision for us then the poor bloke was "unsighted" and when it goes the other way he''s a cheating so-and-so who is always against us.  Football managers will always criticise "poor" decisions by a ref against them but rarely criticise the ref for giving them for them.  It''s in the nature of human beings to be "biased".  If that wasn''t the case then we wouldn''t have such lively and informed discussion on this forum!

i love how we have a post about diving and about how its "disgusting and cheating"... no one remembers Darren Huckerby then.....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i love how we have a post about diving and about how its "disgusting and cheating"... no one remembers Darren Huckerby then.....

[/quote]As First Jedi said earlier, if anything Huck''s problem was staying on his feet after he''d been fouled to try and keep the ball and ultimately losing out because he''d been slowed enough to lose possesion.Yes he did dive on occasion, but not without any contact. Manys the time I saw him look at the ref and hold up 2 or 3 fingers as if to say "how many times before I get a decision?"If the refs are dumb enough to buy it after ignoring genuine fouls repeatedly you can hardly blame a player for trying it on. Simply adapting to the refs sh*te interpretation of the rules imo.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]Wayne Rooneys full of crap!!! Rooney, Owen and Gerrard are the top 3 worst divers in the country!!![/quote]
Spot on. Yet some in the media love to trot out the old crap that its all foreign players who do it. Did they never see Franny Lee?
[/quote]

Yer the other one for me was Billy Bremmner, That little red headed Scottish Leeds Player, hated him, every time anyone went near him he would go to ground, then smile when he got the   pen or free kick

Yeah, Hucks did dive a little bit. But he had to, so much of the time he didnt get the decisions.

Plus, if you are running that quick, it is hard to stay of your feet if you stumble a little bit.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]As First Jedi said earlier, if anything Huck''s problem was staying on his feet after he''d been fouled to try and keep the ball and ultimately losing out because he''d been slowed enough to lose possesion.Yes he did dive on occasion, but not without any contact. Manys the time I saw him look at the ref and hold up 2 or 3 fingers as if to say "how many times before I get a decision?"If the refs are dumb enough to buy it after ignoring genuine fouls repeatedly you can hardly blame a player for trying it on. Simply adapting to the refs sh*te interpretation of the rules imo.[/quote]Cristiano Ronaldo uses that very same arguement, I still think hes a diving sh*t. Afraid to say Hucks was one of the worst ive seen, and  I would say hes gone down without contact on several occasions.Its funny how much people in general are going on about Eduardos because UEFA has banned him, but surely some people on here saw the ridiculous exhibition from Eboue against Man Yoo? That dive was far worse.

What is really worrying is how far the use of film footage is going to be allowed to go.  Surely by making the decision over the dive then that should open the gates to allow other appeals such as the goal that never was a few weeks ago.  If FIFA can use film to prove a person dived then why can they not use film to prove that the goal went into the net and rebounded off the back stantion was a goal and therefore change the final score line after the fact.  I dont see how FIFA or UEFA or any fooball body can use it in one circumstance and not another.  Surely the law does not allow them the luxury of being choosy when it comes to using footage??  Or can it?