Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Cureton... yes or no?

No, and I don''t think anyone else already at the club is good enough so we may well have to hit the loan market.

No.Cody has proven to play well with Holt and will get the goals.Failing that Chris Martin also dereserves a stint.Curo is im affriad, past it.

[quote user="Brendan"]Nope, nor Cody or Martin. Need a new striker. And this is serious. Doc with Holt? [:|] He played up front against man u and liverpool away if my memory serves me correctly. He has some strength, same pace as curo and you never know, he may be able to finish. I wouldnt say Holt is a good finisher really, just smashes it and everyone loves him?![/quote]

i really,really hope this is a joke!!

NO.McDonald has scored, has hit the woodwork (once or twice?), and has assisted Holt atleast once. They combine effectively, and at least with McDonald we can actually get ball past the defence, and form a few decent chances. If Cureton is so much as in sight of the opposition defence he''s entirely out of the game. Utterly ineffective, and provides no competitive edge anymore whatsoever.And if McDonald is not to play, needless to say Martin should be the one to take his place. He does struggle beside Holt at the front, but he has managed a goal in the few amount of appearences he''s made, and is more than capable of providing a danger, unlike Cureton, who so far has been a complete failiure in that department.

After yestrdays performance NO,NO,NO and yet again NO he simply is not good enough anymore (which is a shame cause i did like him once)

Cureton should not get another start as he creates nothing and is too slow, while Cody at least looks as if he may score and can create his own chances. Until Cureton is dropped from the starting line-up I will not be attending any more games. [:@]

No!

And the reason he was applauded off yesterday was simply that - he was going off!

Can''t imagine why Lambert keeps picking him.

No. All the reasons have already been stated. And although I have faith in Holt - Martin and Cody are too hit and miss (no pun intended) to get us out of this division. Looks like it will have to be a loan. On the plus side 3 clean sheets is a long way from 1 - 7.

[quote user="Brendan"]Nope, nor Cody or Martin. Need a new striker. And this is serious. Doc with Holt? [:|] He played up front against man u and liverpool away if my memory serves me correctly. He has some strength, same pace as curo and you never know, he may be able to finish. I wouldnt say Holt is a good finisher really, just smashes it and everyone loves him?![/quote]

If it wasn''t for the fact that we all know you are off your rocker Brendan, I''d be sending for the men in white coats. Your first point I''m not even going to dignify with an answer, your second point really does prove my opening statement.  You know nothing about football young man.

As for Cureton.  If anyone thinks a goal a season is a good strike record then they are as mad as young Brendan.  He''s too slow, can''t jump, can''t score and contributes very little at all.  I''m afraid Jamie lad, your time has gone. And those who''ve said that he hasn''t had any chances have not been watching very closely.

Cureton = a no for me as he just doesn''t seem to offer as much as Cody or Martin either in terms of pace or presence.

Jamie''s just not really looked like scoring from what I''ve seen of him this season. Whilst you can partially blame others for not creating chances, Martin and Cody have both managed to score in the same side and appear capable of creating something for themselves.

a no for J C... he has played the last few games and not even had a shot has he?! he''s well off the pace and the reserves should beckon until january...

thanks for the memories Jamie but even you must now admit you cant cut it anymore

jas :)

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[quote user="CT "]NO!![/quote]

CT, how come you say no but have Jamie in the team you want to see start against MK Dons?  I really can''t reconcile that!!

[/quote]Who else is there!?

[quote user="CT "][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

CT, how come you say no but have Jamie in the team you want to see start against MK Dons?  I really can''t reconcile that!!

[/quote]

Who else is there!?
[/quote]

Chris Martin

Goran Maric

Cody McDonald

Luke Daley

thats who else!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CT "][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Who else is there!?
[/quote]

Chris Martin

Goran Maric

Cody McDonald

Luke Daley

thats who else!

[/quote]

You took the words right out of my mouth

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Cureton = a no for me as he just doesn''t seem to offer as much as Cody or Martin either in terms of pace or presence.

Jamie''s just not really looked like scoring from what I''ve seen of him this season. Whilst you can partially blame others for not creating chances, Martin and Cody have both managed to score in the same side and appear capable of creating something for themselves.[/quote]And so it has been established...Cureton lost it years ago, Martin and McDonald are capable footballers, and Wiz is soon to be visited by men in white coats.There endeth the lesson.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CT "][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]Who else is there!?[/quote]

Chris Martin

Goran Maric

Cody McDonald

Luke Daley

thats who else!

[/quote]

You took the words right out of my mouth

[/quote]Dont rate Daley (yet) or Maric (needs match fitness). Martin and I''m loving it would be great imo [Y]