Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Cureton... yes or no?

I have read the recent thread about Cureton, and there seems to be a favourable percentage in people that the guy isn''t worth a starting place, when he was substituted yesterday he got a rousing clapping ovation from many parts of the crowd (for what i''m unsure)?

Simple question yes or no... should Cureton be in the starting eleven?

Fell free to voice your opinion with your answer.

But i really think the argument for pro Jamie fans of not knocking his confidence has long gone out of the window.

I''m with Wiz I will stick with him for now.

We need to see what he can do when we create chances. He hasn''t been missing chances!

If he misses when he gets a chance and someone else is scoring from the bench then replace him.

So far I haven''t seen enough from Cody or Chris Martin to suggest they are better options.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I''m with Wiz I will stick with him for now. We need to see what he can do when we create chances. He hasn''t been missing chances! If he misses when he gets a chance and someone else is scoring from the bench then replace him. So far I haven''t seen enough from Cody or Chris Martin to suggest they are better options.[/quote]

Surely part of the role of being a striker is to assist those players around you (well it is), Curetons positioning off Holt yesterday was poor and his running off the ball minimal, when Mcdonald came on yesterday, as when he does on every occassion he brings a different dimension to the game... PACE.  Within 5 minutes of being on the pitch yesterday he out paced a defender abs got a shot on target.

As for Martin, one start... one goal... enough said. 

Its worrying that he hasn''t had a chance out of 4 games. Cody has and Martin has if he gets a chance he will score goals.

Nope, nor Cody or Martin.

Need a new striker.

And this is serious. Doc with Holt? [:|]

He played up front against man u and liverpool away if my memory serves me correctly. He has some strength, same pace as curo and you never know, he may be able to finish. I wouldnt say Holt is a good finisher really, just smashes it and everyone loves him?!

Holt CAN finish, sorry i should have said, which he showed well against Yoevil. But he seems to smash it alot more than finish.

[quote user="Brendan"]Nope, nor Cody or Martin.

Need a new striker.

And this is serious. Doc with Holt? [:|]

He played up front against man u and liverpool away if my memory serves me correctly. He has some strength, same pace as curo and you never know, he may be able to finish. I wouldnt say Holt is a good finisher really, just smashes it and everyone loves him?![/quote](Also, at least Holt ''smashes it'' in the right direction!) [:)]

Thats the point, we are not creating many chances. So when we do get a 1 off chance we CANNOT afford to waste it on Curo after last seasons showing. Give the chance to Martin, and I will have a lot more faith of him finishing.

No, because of the simple words "barn door".

People talk about giving him a chance, but he has had loads of chances and still can''t score. Get rid, and give Martin a proper chance again.

"Its Worrying that he hasnt had a chance in 4 games" Not entirely his fault there. And i thought hes only played 3. Anyway, he must have had a chance!

No

Nor Cody to start either.

Time for Martin to get a run out,  or hoola.

Preferably a loan signing though.  Is there one left at man citeh?

6 years ago, yes.... now, not so much.

I''m sure everyone would dearly love to see Jamie go on to score 20 goals this season and then leave with his head held high,
I just dont think its got much chance of happening. In a game where the other team have someone like El Hoof (my nickname
for Walsall''s big centrehalf) who is nulling Holt you need the other striker to have a different asset to exploit- something that proved
a problem in the opening game when Martin and Holt were ineffective. Cureton brings no additional pace, vision, strength or skill
to the team that isnt supplied by Holt, so I can only conclude that we wont get far with Cureton starting anymore.

Now, watch in amazement as he goes on to score 2 by January and this post is dug up to show how wrong we''ve been. Seriously, 2 goals isnt that far away.

He is one of the highest earners at the club, wages are a big factor in our league, i wonder if Barnsley would have him back?

How long is left on his contract?