Sign in to follow this  
Canarydan82

Open Tommorow

......the LOAN transfer window.

Im  not a fan of Loans (especially after last season) but we need a couple to add a bit more quality to the squad.

I think Doc and Hoolohan might go out on loan, with hopefully a centre back and a proven striker to come in.

Thoughts good people?

1. Proven striker to go alongside Holt.

2. Centre back to partner Askou.

3. Midfield player who can grab hold of games like Saturday''s by the scruff of the neck.

4. Pacey winger which neither McVeigh or Lappin give us.

In my mind they are the essentials if we are to get towards the top six. There are other ''nice to haves'' but the above four are key in my opinion.

I don''t want to pour water on any hopes, but with one or two honourable exceptions loan players tend to be players that other clubs can do without except in dire emergency, or else young players who need experience. (Among the exceptions were Hux, Crouch, Bentley, Tiny and Kennedy, of course.) We could be lucky in managing to locate a real gem, but generally about one in ten loans are outstanding?The other problems with loan players, especially those returning from injury, or elderly or troublesome players, is the level of commitment they show, as well as poor technique.We could be lucky, but I fear that recent history does not produce any great hope in me.

The striker issue is interesting. For years Norwich on their day had a reasonable first team pairing up front but a woeful lack of strength and depth within the squad / fringe players. Now it seems as though we have plenty of squad players (forwards) but not that regular first teamer with enough talent (to partner the horse). Ah well I guess lifes a balancing act.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]1. Proven striker to go alongside Holt. 2. Centre back to partner Askou. 3. Midfield player who can grab hold of games like Saturday''s by the scruff of the neck. 4. Pacey winger which neither McVeigh or Lappin give us. In my mind they are the essentials if we are to get towards the top six. There are other ''nice to haves'' but the above four are key in my opinion.[/quote]

I think Lappin and McVeigh have been two of our better players so far. Lappin especially. Perhaps some cover but I don''t know if I aggree with loans for cover as opposed to starters. McVeigh and Lappin would be in my team every single week on form so far.

Agree that we need a starting striker. We should be looking for someone who is considered a hot prospect who has played first team football for their club but is perhaps out of favour or behind some really good strikers. I''m trying to think of some but I''m drawing a blank.

I would like to see an experienced centre half come in on loan.  The Doc seems to have fallen from grace, the jury is still defo out on Nelson and Spillane is not up to it in the middle so we need someone to sit alongside Askou.

I doubt there is much left to spend once that priority gap has been plugged.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

I would like to see an experienced centre half come in on loan.  The Doc seems to have fallen from grace, the jury is still defo out on Nelson and Spillane is not up to it in the middle so we need someone to sit alongside Askou.

I doubt there is much left to spend once that priority gap has been plugged.

[/quote]

Forgine me, but I thought it was Wednesday the window opened again

[quote user="tank"]Hoolohan for Lee anyone..[/quote]

Can''t see it myself, but then again he could send Cureton out to Colchester LOL

for me we need loads! Assuming hoola and doc go and in order of priortity we need a

• centre back - Nelson showed why on sat
  • striker with pace and strength - Holt deserves a decent partner if we are to push for the play offs
  • left midfielder with pace (we have no options beyond
  • 2nd centre back - Askou was OK,  but still not good on sat bar the stretching block in the second half.  Cullys voice wont last the month let alone the season with BA & N at the back
  • creative midfielder -

and some leadership would be wonderful...

[quote user="tank"]Hoolohan for Lee anyone..[/quote]Why, you can''t play Lee and Holt in the same team so No thanks

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="tank"]Hoolohan for Lee anyone..[/quote]

Why, you can''t play Lee and Holt in the same team so No thanks
[/quote]

Bet you could.

And to be honest I''d rather see that partnership than any of our current options.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Can''t see it myself, but then again he could send Cureton out to Colchester LOL

[/quote]

Heard that JC could be off to Notts County on loan with a view to buy Jan

Perhaps Svengali could hypnotize him into scoring!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Heard that JC could be off to Notts County on loan with a view to buy Jan

Perhaps Svengali could hypnotize him into scoring!

[/quote]

I would rather he went to Colchester as compensation for Lambert, and on the agreement he played lone striker when they play us

i think 3 or 4 quality players in the mix would not hurt at all .if anything i think we need them .

its when you have almost a full team of loan players such as last season it would end up being a nightmare .

a solid proven defender (centre) . quick winger either side , and a big front man to work with holt would work wonders .

i recall a season when we brought in 3 or 4 loan players and walked away with the championship , so im not against loan players only if we have too many which has been proven costly before .