Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

The new corner infill - latest

OK - ever the optimist, here are a couple of photos I took today which might be of interest to exiles and the curious. First one shows how far behind the River End stand the new infill sticks out -

http://1992.members.beeb.net

And the second photo illustrates (among other things) that the upper tier of the infill goes to the full height of the upper tier of the River End:

Now to post this. Wish me luck..

Thanks to everyone for your help and sympathy. So Vince can see the photos, I can some of the time, and the rest of you can''t see ''em at all. Well frankly I give up, although there is still one last faint hope..

The best of British to you all - over and out. Perhaps we just weren''t ready to get it!

Good pic''s Fool.The roof structure has been added since the Arsenal game. I''m still wondering how they will match up the differing dimensions of the two-tiered River End to the one-tiered Jarrold Stand. Has anyone seen the plans?

[quote]Good pic''s Fool.The roof structure has been added since the Arsenal game. I''m still wondering how they will match up the differing dimensions of the two-tiered River End to the one-tiered Jarrold Stan...[/quote]

I haven''t seen the plans, but I imagine the lower tier will match up quite nicely to the Jarrold Stand, with the disabled viewing gallery and upper tier (obviously) rising above the Jarrold seating. When and if an upper tier is built on the Jarrold, I suppose it will somehow be lined up with its counterpart on the infill. At least I hope that''s how it''ll be.

Looks to me like some seats will get a restricted view because the River End stanchions are in the way- having one of those right in the view of the goal won''t be great. I''m on the wait list and the numbers look like I''ll be upper tier- better but I don''t want a restricted view after being unable to buy many casual tickets this season and last.

At the reserve match, a steward told one of the people I was with that they couldn''t take pictures....its a reserve match for goodness sake! I know Sky say they have the rights to all Premiership matches, which could include pictures, even if for personal use, but a Wednesday night reserve match attended by less than a thousand people is hardly the same thing!

Is this some new bureaucratic tape that has been introduced since our promotion? I haven''t been to a Premiership game yet this season (next week Villa), but I clearly remember everybody taking pictures last season at the Preston game. Go to a place like Old Trafford and you see flashes going off all the time. If such a rule implemented by Sky does exist, why can they do it and we can''t?

By the way, he was taking a picture of the Jarrold stand.....perhaps the steward viewed it as reconnaissance for a terrorist act!!

[quote]Looks to me like some seats will get a restricted view because the River End stanchions are in the way- having one of those right in the view of the goal won''t be great. I''m on the wait list and the n...[/quote]

I wonder how much it would cost to put a cantilever roof on the River End stand..