Sign in to follow this  
Hucka Hucka Huckerby

Another kit man leaves

What do they do exactly for the job to be difficult?

Kitman leaves Norwich City

Canaries kitman Manny Fowler has left the club and returned to Scotland.

Fowler was brought in by former manager Glenn Roeder to replace Terry Postle, who left the club in May, 2008 after 12 years'' service.

"He had already decided to leave before I arrived, but in my short time working with him I realised what an asset he was," said the Norwich manager.

"The kit man''s job is tough work and I don''t think people always realise what an important job they do for football clubs.

"Manny was a really brilliant lad and we all wish him every success in the future."

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Why did the club get rid of Terry Postle in the first place? All seemed a bit harsh.[/quote]Presumably so Roeder could give his mate a job.

Perhaps the new kit man will stop leaving Cureton''s shirt hanging up in the changing room each matchday.....[;)]

I think it was a matter of boozeHe been on the shorts the night before and then got all shirty when he was warned about it. The problem could have been ironed out but before you knew he was given the boot.That''s what my mate Daz reckons but as a bit of an ''omo he''s one for gossip -might be a bold move but it''s no comfort for Manny

[quote]

What do they do exactly for the job to be difficult?

Kitman leaves Norwich City

Canaries kitman Manny Fowler has left the club and returned to Scotland.

Fowler was brought in by former manager Glenn Roeder to replace Terry Postle, who left the club in May, 2008 after 12 years'' service.

"He had already decided to leave before I arrived, but in my short time working with him I realised what an asset he was," said the Norwich manager.

"The kit man''s job is tough work and I don''t think people always realise what an important job they do for football clubs.

"Manny was a really brilliant lad and we all wish him every success in the future."
[/quote]

alarm bells ringing for me. anyone that kept up with lamberts goings on at colchester will know he thinks the fans are mugs. johnnie jackson put in a transfer request after being dumped in the youth team for no reason other than to get rid of him. lamberts reaction in the press? really suprised and disappointed he wants to leave!! he also got rid of the coach driver of 15 years because he didnt like him. he hadnt done anything wrong, but was got rif of none the less. if anyone puts up too much resistence to his ways of doing things they disappear. i reckon there is more than a sniff of it going on here too!

[quote user="Savenell"]Prehaps we could get one in on loan?[/quote]

Having watched a track suited girl run on to the pitch here on Sunday to administer to a fallen rugby player (with amazing results I might add} I  wonder we don''t have a kit girl/woman/lady as a replacement. Would perhaps lighten up the dressing room and I am sure the kit would be spotless.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Having watched a track suited girl run on to the pitch here on Sunday to administer to a fallen rugby player (with amazing results I might add} I  wonder we don''t have a kit girl/woman/lady as a replacement. Would perhaps lighten up the dressing room and I am sure the kit would be spotless.

[/quote]

Why would the kit be spotless with a female in charge of it? I''ve never seen the boys come out in dirty kit all the time a man has been doing this job...

Both sexes can use a washing machine, it''s just a matter of reading the instructions. Being female doesn''t give us an automatic knowledge of domestic appliances.

[quote user="kentish lass"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Why would the kit be spotless with a female in charge of it? I''ve never seen the boys come out in dirty kit all the time a man has been doing this job...

Both sexes can use a washing machine, it''s just a matter of reading the instructions. Being female doesn''t give us an automatic knowledge of domestic appliances.

[/quote]Women are good at that sort of thing.............ironing and stuff.

You swore! You said the ''i'' word. I do stuff but as a modern woman, I don''t iron. Ironing went out with the ark. Just a case of hanging it to dry properly. Several women who work with me don''t iron either.

As for that comment about having computers in kitchens...

And no I''m not chained to the kitchen sink, the chains are on the bed ;o)

[quote user="kentish lass"]

You swore! You said the ''i'' word. I do stuff but as a modern woman, I don''t iron. Ironing went out with the ark. Just a case of hanging it to dry properly. Several women who work with me don''t iron either.

[/quote]I hope you can still reach the cooker.

I think that 2+2=5 with this one.The reason he has left is that his wife still lives in Scotland.They have two children aged two and four and she had no desire to move to Norfolk.

[/quote]

Apparently your wardrobe is confined to polyester.

No thanks.

OTBC

[quote user="canarytom"]Perhaps he didn''t like the soiled jock straps[/quote]have you sent in your application for the job?  i heard jock straps are right up your street

No my wardrobe has plenty of cotton, denim, linen & lace in it thankyou very much!

As I said before, it''s how you hang it out to dry that determines if it needs ironing or not.

[/quote]You see....women istinctively know these things.

[quote user="Jacoljam"][quote user="kentish lass"]

No my wardrobe has plenty of cotton, denim, linen & lace in it thankyou very much!

As I said before, it''s how you hang it out to dry that determines if it needs ironing or not.

[/quote]
You see....women istinctively know these things.
[/quote]

I instinctively learnt it from my mum - she taught me how to ''not iron''