Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Despite swearing to myself that I''ll never pick a Norwich fixture again after the Colchester disaster, my pick this week is:-

Norwich v Walsall - Home Win

& may the Lord have mercy on my soul.

Good Luck Shaun

[quote user="Norwich"]GP, what about Almeria! [;)][/quote]There probably not playing, internationsal and all that... am i aloud to change my official decision?I want a Charlton win over Brentford, brentford are pretty poor....

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="Norwich"]GP, what about Almeria! [;)][/quote]

There probably not playing, internationsal and all that... am i aloud to change my official decision?
I want a Charlton win over Brentford, brentford are pretty poor....
[/quote]

Who are Almeria?? [:P]

Welcome to the new PUPs and welcome back Cherub. Gingerpele you are now on Charlton..ok?

No worries Muddy.. you are on 3/3 100% with only those on 4/4 ahead of you in the PUPs league.

For an international week I think it''s quite difficult this time. I normally try to find a different option for the PUP making the final selections but I''ve struggled today. However I keep returning to the same match in Englands group. Croatia come to Wembley on Wednesday and the form result is an England win. If Croatia are to stay ahead of the chasing pack then they really need to beat Belarus on Saturday.

Croatia to beat Belarus

Let''s carry on doing all we can to help Shaun add his name to Rays line of fame which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah yes Norfolkchance1 £608 for the Academy,so far.

I''m going for

POLAND to beat Northern Ireland.

Should give better value odds than the likes of Russia and Ukraine.

Good Luck with your picks Shaun.

Good luck Shaun! International week is always tough, especially early in the season - however you''re the man for the job this week, I know there is a certain someone looking down on you with pride and wishing you all the luck in the world this week.

There''s lots to choose from this week, and the (potential) payout is usually quite small on international week, although a win is a win we''ll take what we can get - but I''m looking for a "value" pick for you to consider this week Shaun.

Welsh Premiership (where else [:P]) Connah''s Quay v RHYL - AWAY win

This should boost the coffers a bit.

Have fun picking Shaun

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

I''m with Nutty Nigel this week as my nap is Croatia to beat Belarus.

Good luck for 6 out of 6 this week Shaun and good luck to all fellow pups

Choices, choices. International or domestic? Well after much deliberation, its the World Cup for me and something a little different with

Azerbaijan v Finland - Away Win

Don''t often do away wins, but can''t see Azerbaijan getting anything, and the fact its an away may just pump up the odds slightly.

Good luck to all PUPs (and welcome to all the newbies), and of course all the best Shaun.

OK - I''m gonna post my final selections now as I have time, which I may not have later. Sorry for any pickers that haven''t got their selection in on time - but I have lots to consider. I found it harder than I thought this week, and finally I''ve got it down to a certain 4, with the final 2 possibly changing between now and when I finally click the ''post'' button.

I''ve also been considering the fact that, lots of these international games are very poor odds - so should I chose games that are more likely to win us a greater amount? I have decided against that as I know Nutty and especially Ray have always said winning something is winning nothing, even if it is only a tenner. With that in mind I''ve picked the games that are most likely to come thorugh, regardless of odds. So here it goes ...

1. Russia V Liechtenstein - home win (ncfcstar, YankeeCanary, methcanary, scooby, graham humphrey)
6th world seed against the 151st - nothing else needs to be said.

2. Spain V Belguim - home win (Diesel Coris, city-till-i-die, inch_high, the butler, jellytot)
The european champions take on a team that didn''t even reach the competition, at home.  

3. Ukraine V Andorra - home win (trent canary, pboro_canary, fonejacker, newyorkcanary, beausant, obiwancanary, delias DD, mister chops, norfolkbroadslim)
Picked by so many pickers. the 170 places between them in the world rankings suggests this is a good selection as well.

4. Croatia V Belarus - home win (Nutty Nigel, Sparkos)
One of my less confident choices, but I felt that with every single game other than the three above. Belarus are doing OK in the group but I can''t see them getting anything from Croatia at home.

5. Georgia V Italy - away win (North-east-canarie)
I can''t believe this game was only picked by one picker, which was one of the main reasons I was put-off. Another was that I didn''t want to pick any away games - as this is hwere upsets are most common. But after looking at the other games available and having a look at how these two have been doing in qualifying - I''ve decided to go with it.

6. England V Slovakia - home win (Gentleman Jim, Will take 2nd now)
After Fabio Cappelo''s team have beaten the likes of Germany and held the likes of Holland, I originally put this as one of my definate selections. Though, after looking at how Slovenia have been doing in qualifying so far, I decided not tp pick it. Now I have come to the conclusion that they haven''t had a very tough group - and that surely they will get defeated by England.

Many other games nearly got in to the final six, the blue square prem games that were suggested were both nearly in. However, I didn''t want to go for Oxford as they were away - and although Forest Green have not won a single game, I would have liked to have seen Cambridge a bit higher up the league.
Leeds'' welsh game was a good choice, but I was put off by the fact that Connah''s Quay were sitting mid table rather than at the bottom.
Fellas choice of the USA was in and out of the final 6 - but eventually the fact that they drew 2-2 in their previous fixture put me off that one.
Germany to beat South Africa was considered after being picked by ''panic'', but I decided againt it - mainly as it was a friendly and so Germany would be ''less up for it''. Same goes for Holland against Japan.
I also decided against the Leeds game as Stockpot are not doing terribly, and Leeds have to lose at some point.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

6. England V Slovakia - home win (Gentleman Jim, Will take 2nd now)
After Fabio Cappelo''s team have beaten the likes of Germany and held the likes of Holland, I originally put this as one of my definate selections. Though, after looking at how Slovenia have been doing in qualifying so far, I decided not tp pick it. Now I have come to the conclusion that they haven''t had a very tough group - and that surely they will get defeated by England.

[/quote]

I meant Slovenia.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

I''ve also been considering the fact that, lots of these international games are very poor odds - so should I chose games that are more likely to win us a greater amount? I have decided against that as I know Nutty and especially Ray have always said winning something is winning nothing, even if it is only a tenner. With that in mind I''ve picked the games that are most likely to come thorugh, regardless of odds. So here it goes ...

[/quote]

winning something is better than winning nothing **!!! How many more mistakes ...

But no mistakes with the quality of the picks Shaun. These look like bankers to me [Y]

The way you have studied the Free Bet this week, I realise why Arrdee had a great admiration for you.

A fine effort, well thought out and deserves to be a winner!

Good luck Shaun.

Kev

Well done Shaun. I think I would have picked the exact same as you. You are correct to not look at odds, and should any of these not come through, it would be a MAJOR upset. Looking forward to our totals going up.

Good picks Shaun, sorry I missed putting down my ''nap''... for the record, I would have gone with England to win at home as well... hope that still counts towards the season stats, Nutty, since I''m actually doing relatively well so far!!