Sign in to follow this  
Noseybonk

Alienating Hoolahan

Wes was told a week ago that he did not figure in the Manager''s plans.  Perhaps the manager will change his mind (he never did at Colchester) but otherwise presumably someone is devising a way of getting shot of him.

Can''t believe we take off WLY who was and certainly could have been our most creative player, and bought on Daley who in honesty at the moment is a "straight line" runner, If McVeigh isn''t on the pitch then IMO Wes most definateley should be.

Currently I think Lambert is too negative and more interested in not loosing rather than winning games?

Gutted to see Barnsley have got Robins - he should of been ours.

Can someone dig out his goal/assist stats for last season?  I guess if he`s as wonderful as some on here are saying they`ll be pretty good.  Won`t they......? [^o)]

[quote user="jbghost"]Hoolahan has gone. He has gone on loan to Watford which will be made permanant in transfer window if he works out there.[/quote]

Sauce...? Brown?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Can someone dig out his goal/assist stats for last season?  I guess if he`s as wonderful as some on here are saying they`ll be pretty good.  Won`t they......? [^o)][/quote]

Don''t you think its more appropriate to ask why players like Hoolahan and Otsemabor who have pissed all over this league before, become worse players at Norwich?

Perhaps our managers have had no idea how to play them properly?

There isn''t only one formation in the book. Hoolahan can play on the left without the team losing shape and Otsemabor can bomb down the right without leaving it exposed. The idea is you get the team to play together to cover different player''s fecets. Only a moron would say you can''t play Hoolahan on the left because we lose our shape.

To play Hoolahan on the left requires a left back who can support, if the club can''t find a left back who doesn''t get a nosebleed when they cross the halfway line, then play him in the centre. If the club can''t find a midfielder who is prepared to cover Otsemabor properly, then leave him on the bench.

Its going to be interesting on this board come the end ish of September if we don''t get a couple of results at either Charlton, MK Dons or Gillingham and the team looks dull.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Wes was told a week ago that he did not figure in the Manager''s plans.  Perhaps the manager will change his mind (he never did at Colchester) but otherwise presumably someone is devising a way of getting shot of him.[/quote]

almost certainly the case! i wonder if he actually told hoolahan and docherty himself this time rather than leave it to one of his minions? on his first day he will have requested a list of how much everyone is earning and decided from that alone who he wants rid of. good luck stopping him from ruining your club.

Hoolahan has to go on loan for me.  He is undoubtedly one of the highest earners at the club and with the club struggling financially we have to try and reduce our cost invested in him either by a sale or a loan.He also fails to flatter on the pitch losing the ball many times in midfield.  Whilst nice to watch he leaves us very vulnerable.  I totally disagree that the side is balanced almost wherever you play him.  His tracking and pace is appalling and we simply dont have the quality of squad to build a team around him to protect the midfield which is what i believe would be needed.If we were in a better quality of league and were playing better football then I would like to see him stay, but that isnt the case and I would like to see him go to a better club where he will be ''treated better'' i.e. played and we can reduce our costs and/or bring some cash in.

Am i right in saying that if he goes on Loan somewhere, then the other team will be paying his Wages?

Because whats the point in keeping him here, not playing and paying his wages??!!?! And why on earth did we not sell Russel to Burnley? Hes nothing special, even for us.

A number of clubs (all Championship clubs so far as I know) came in from Hoolahan during the summer.  Hoolahan by then was in negotiation with Bryan Gunn over his future and it was Gunn who persuaded him to stay at Norwich (Hoolahan''s words, not mine).  As previously posted, Hoolahan''s decision was against the constant and continuing advice of his agent.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Can someone dig out his goal/assist stats for last season?  I guess if he`s as wonderful as some on here are saying they`ll be pretty good.  Won`t they......? [^o)][/quote]Can someone dig out Jamie Cureton''s goal stats for last season?

If anyone was to go, it should be Russell.

At least Hoolahan said he wanted to stay, but i guess if it doesn''t fit into Lambert''s plans then he should try elsewhere since Lambert can''t change his system just to accommodate one player!!

Good luck to him wherever he goes and i hope that whatever team he does go to that he will be played to his full potential. Shame he couldn''t fit into our system but i guess some things aren''t meant to be.

it wont be anything to do with systems. it will be to do with money, and not even the clubs lack of it. if lambert thinks he can get 6-8k a week off the wage bill, he can put a case in to be able to spend that either in transfer money or on wages. he will do the same with docherty too (and maybe others once hes had a look through the squad). he wont force them out persay as if the club list them it costs them money, whereas if lambert can annoy a player enough (usually by making them train with the youth team, not speaking to them, not giving them the opportunity to see their colleagues) then they will ask for a transfer, lambert will claim hes devestated as he wants them to stay (utter bull) and the player will be due nothing.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Can someone dig out his goal/assist stats for last season?  I guess if he`s as wonderful as some on here are saying they`ll be pretty good.  Won`t they......? [^o)][/quote]
Can someone dig out Jamie Cureton''s goal stats for last season?
[/quote]i did see them somewere on here...they are shocking for a striker...and i meen SHOCKING...1 or 2 goals i think

agreed at least put him in the shop window . how on earth are we going to sell him if we dont play him . he will be forgotten about. surely its better for club and player to play him and get as much as we can for him . if hes left in the reserves to rot his value will fall through the floor . He is our best player by a country mile more crazy managent decisions .

[quote user="singing canary"]agreed at least put him in the shop window . how on earth are we going to sell him if we dont play him . he will be forgotten about. surely its better for club and player to play him and get as much as we can for him . if hes left in the reserves to rot his value will fall through the floor . He is our best player by a country mile more crazy managent decisions .[/quote]

If PL follows the Colchester pattern - or the Siberia Six as I call it - you won''t even see him in the reserves.  Of course at Norwich he may play things differently.  It is a question of whether you want to loan him out or force him out and I don''t know which it is.

No one saw Elito for months after PL joined and then banished him - AB has just given him a two year contract and put  him in the squad for Saturday and the lad is provisionally in the U20 World Cup squad.  Funny old game indeed.

Wes Hoolahan doesnt want to be here... why give a chance to someone who doesnt give a sh*t? it will be like playing with 10 men as he goes through the motions and tries not to get injured.

jas :)

chicken and egg scenario though. is he unhappy because hes been left out in the cold for no reason and the manager has made it clear (although i doubt by telling him personally) he isnt going to play, or is he not playing because hes unhappy?

with lambert at the helm i would plump for the former.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Wes Hoolahan doesnt want to be here... why give a chance to someone who doesnt give a sh*t? it will be like playing with 10 men as he goes through the motions and tries not to get injured.

jas :)

[/quote] Hoolahan said he would stay here and is being forced out , the crap that is Russell thought he was too good for Norwich City and wanted out yet gets back in the side .Then people wonder why this club is on a one way course to oblivion.