Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Chelsea punishment precedent for Lambert situation?

They''ve been hit hard for índucing Gael Kakuta to break his contract. Thoughts on implications for the (admitedly less high profile) Lambert situation?

None whatsoever imo, the Chelsea decision has much to do with the ruling bodies view on the premier league. This will also be turned over on appeal.

To be fair, Lambert only got charged £750 for his last misdemeanor. If that''s all that happens to league 1 clubs they''ll probably ban us from signing a player for a week that is optional to us as long as we use it when the transfer window is closed of course ;)

Just seen this on a Chelsea site, don''t know which rule it is though."It shall be presumed, unless established to the

contrary, that any club signing a professional who has terminated

his contract without just cause, has induced that professional to commit

a breach. The club shall be banned from registering any

new players, either nationally or internationally, for two registration periods."

If ''professional'' also refers to a manager as well as player, we might be in a spot of bother. Perhaps we should just pay up before a complaint is made.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]To be fair, Lambert only got charged £750 for his last misdemeanor. If that''s all that happens to league 1 clubs they''ll probably ban us from signing a player for a week that is optional to us as long as we use it when the transfer window is closed of course ;)[/quote]

That has nothing to do with us approaching lambert

Aesen Wenger got sent off against Man Utd u could compare those 2 situations maybe?

I don''t think I can remember a time when our club ever did anything illegal.  The mere fact that it hasn''t been in the press that we are facing action against us, gives me some comfort.

I also would think that before the club did anything they sought legal advice about it.

Isn''t the fuss only because Colchester want more money for him? even though they dont have to pay him off... and get another manager in who didn''t have a club, so they didn''t need paying off, there just after the money.....

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]

[quote user="CallsignViper"]To be fair, Lambert only got charged £750 for his last misdemeanor. If that''s all that happens to league 1 clubs they''ll probably ban us from signing a player for a week that is optional to us as long as we use it when the transfer window is closed of course ;)[/quote]

That has nothing to do with us approaching lambert

Aesen Wenger got sent off against Man Utd u could compare those 2 situations maybe?

[/quote]

Or it could be taken as the tongue in cheek joke as it was intended as to the punishments for league 1 clubs compared to the others.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I don''t think I can remember a time when our club ever did anything illegal.  The mere fact that it hasn''t been in the press that we are facing action against us, gives me some comfort.

I also would think that before the club did anything they sought legal advice about it.

[/quote]

It might not have been reported your end because, as of last week, Rob Cowling had not been contacted by the EDP to get the Colchester side of the story.

Norwich City will not discuss "their side of the story."

Here is the latest this end:

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/colchesterunited/4578439.U_s_still_seeking_Lambert_compensation/

PS: I would have thought that Norwich City facing a compensation battle with rivals Colchester United was a good local story for you but what the hell would I know about stories?[+o(]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]PS: I would have thought that Norwich City facing a compensation battle with rivals Colchester United was a good local story for you but what the hell would I know about stories?[+o(][/quote]

Have you forgotten who''s on the NCFC board?

OTBC

There is, actually,  a "Norwich side to the story" which is being aired in the Tribunal and, if it were accepted, we would escape without liability.  In any cases where there''s a conflict of fact, there''s a risk, of course, that the other party''s account will be believed, hence the offer that City have made.  Though having said that, it''s not clear yet that Colchester have any evidence of their own (as opposed to a spade loads of indignation) to rebut the Norwich version (inevitably, these cases turn on what passed between Lambert and NCFC) and, either way, the money Colchester are seeking at present has no basis in reality. 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Isn''t the fuss only because Colchester want more money for him? even though they dont have to pay him off... and get another manager in who didn''t have a club, so they didn''t need paying off, there just after the money.....[/quote]

A bit harsh that.

They lost Burley to Ipswich, Parkinson to Hull and now Lambert to us ALL in the same circumstances - manger resigns and a few hours later is appointed by his new club who claim not to have done anything wrong.

When Mike Walker left us we were all spitting blood.

Do you think players should be able to walk out and change clubs when they fancey it?

[quote user="UEAstudent"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Isn''t the fuss only because Colchester want more money for him? even though they dont have to pay him off... and get another manager in who didn''t have a club, so they didn''t need paying off, there just after the money.....
[/quote] A bit harsh that. They lost Burley to Ipswich, Parkinson to Hull and now Lambert to us ALL in the same circumstances - manger resigns and a few hours later is appointed by his new club who claim not to have done anything wrong. When Mike Walker left us we were all spitting blood. Do you think players should be able to walk out and change clubs when they fancey it?[/quote]

Do you think there should be a transfer list for the managers?

I think Col who are fighting a losing battle, they have to prove that we tapped Lambo up, we don''t have to prove we didn''t! Their chairman saying it all seems odd that this happened then that happened is no basis for a tribunal. dd to that, that he and McNally already knew each other from Celtic and the fact that our new board are fairly clever people I feel that this will be purely a compensation issue.

I''m not Judge Attleborough but if three people told me they gave up their jobs - risking their home and their families well being without knowing they had another job to go to I don''t think I would belive them.

I think a transfer list for managers might be round the corner. In effect we have one already. The only difference is the player registration system prevents a player quitting and taking up a new club minutes later.

They gave up their jobs with the knowledge that Norwich wanted them so no risk there. The issue is how they gained that knowledge.

The Col who chairman has already said publicly that he gave Norwich permission to speak to Lambo just not to offer him the job. This is where CUFC have to prove that during that process Norwich officially offered him the position. That will be near as damn it impossible!

What Norwich done wrong was they agreed not to offer Lambert employment untill compensation was agreed. It doesn''t matter if Lambert resigned or not.

As far as i know his resignation was refused. It doesn''t matter anyway because norwich AGREED not to offer Lambert employment untill the compensation was agreed. Compensation still hasn''t been agreed and Norwich offered him the job the next day.. I think you will end up with a fine and it will go to a tribunal to decide how much compensation Colchester will get

I haven''t read anything to suggest that the resignation was refused (though I may have missed it) and if this is the case the agreement would be irrelevant due to the fact CUFC no longer employed him. It really does all hinge on the acceptance/refusal of Lamberts resignation.

An agreement does''t just become irrelevant if he is no longer at the club.Things are done different in football to stop all this happening or Managers will be doing this sort of thing every week. Robbie Cowling has been clever about this as he knew Norwich would employ Lambert whatever

Things are done different in football? I don''t think football is above legal argument where statements have to be factual and proved, sounds to me like Mr Cowling needs to state whether or not the resignation was accepted because that is key!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]Things are done different in football? I don''t think football is above legal argument where statements have to be factual and proved, sounds to me like Mr Cowling needs to state whether or not the resignation was accepted because that is key![/quote]

Rob Cowling is on record as saying PL''s resignation was not accepted.  My understanding is that Colchester have still not formally accepted it.

It is worth bearing in mind that RC has made his millions from employment matters and is, I am sure, extremely well up with both the general employment laws of this country and also with the FL rules on the matter.

Hopefully there will be some agreement between the two clubs but it is looking increasingly likely this end that the Tribunal is the route it will take.  The blazers will then have to pronounce.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]Things are done different in football? I don''t think football is above legal argument where statements have to be factual and proved, sounds to me like Mr Cowling needs to state whether or not the resignation was accepted because that is key![/quote]

Rob Cowling is on record as saying PL''s resignation was not accepted.  My understanding is that Colchester have still not formally accepted it.

It is worth bearing in mind that RC has made his millions from employment matters and is, I am sure, extremely well up with both the general employment laws of this country and also with the FL rules on the matter.

Hopefully there will be some agreement between the two clubs but it is looking increasingly likely this end that the Tribunal is the route it will take.  The blazers will then have to pronounce.

[/quote]

Any links to the quotes regarding refusal of resignation? I don''t for one minute think journo''s would fabricate truth more just so I know where NCFC stand.

With due respect also, I would think that legally and otherwise there is a fair amount of know how on the NCFC board, more than enough to leave themselves open to what is being suggested?

I think one of the directors at Col Ewe is a lawyer and is also on the Football Leauge Board (with Doomcaster?).

CUFC are also the only club sucessfuly to get an injunction against a manager when they stopped Parkinson joining Hull before compensation was agreed.

I do hope our board know what they are doing - it isn''t as if they haven''t made big mistakes in the past.

If they are gambling on net getting a points deduction or big fine I think they are making another mistake.

Reported here by the East Anglian:

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/content/greenun/sport/football/league-one/colchester-united/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=ColchesterUnitedFC&tBrand=GreenunOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=IPED18%20Aug%202009%2014%3A34%3A12%3A767

Rob repeated it personally last week and Steve, the CEO, also said the same thing on the Col U radio programme on Thursday week.