Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Re: The Snake Pit.......

A quick question about the Snakepit.Was there a guy near the front with his whole face and head painted or was he wearing a mask/scarf? I couldn''t quite make it out!

[quote user="Herman "]A quick question about the Snakepit.Was there a guy near the front with his whole face and head painted or was he wearing a mask/scarf? I couldn''t quite make it out![/quote]

It''s a young girl, she has her whole face painted every game. And on the subject in question, we were only singing all them songs because the Barclay wasn''t making any effort at all. I thought it was slightly over the top but at least we were trying to spur on the team by trying to make the Barclay sing aswell.

[Y]Cheers Snakepit.Got bored during the game and was crowd watching! Your second point i agree with.It was just banter from where i was sitting.

embarassing the snakepit keep starting that ''we''re the snakepit'' chant. its crap. especially when its sung about 5 times in 10 minutes. wonder why you didnt get a response ffs give it a rest.

At least we all seem to agree that the lower Barclay was like a grave on Saturday. Start something, and nobody follows.  Anyone care to explain why supporting the team was beyond them on Saturday?

Yeah, this post is rather odd.

All they (as far as i know) is "We are the snake pit/barclay" chant. It isnt milicious or mean, just a bit of friendly banter.

Yet you make them out as Ipswich fans?

Am i right, that it is just a laugh, and not seriously winding them up?

Because how i see it, its not a major problem at all.

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

[quote user="Herman "]A quick question about the Snakepit.Was there a guy near the front with his whole face and head painted or was he wearing a mask/scarf? I couldn''t quite make it out![/quote]

It''s a young girl, she has her whole face painted every game. And on the subject in question, we were only singing all them songs because the Barclay wasn''t making any effort at all. I thought it was slightly over the top but at least we were trying to spur on the team by trying to make the Barclay sing aswell.

[/quote]Jeez, she''s been doing that for years,  didn''t realise she still did it.

I enjoy that chant personally, but it was a bit much on Saturday.

Thing is, those lads were obviously just trying to get the Barclay to bite and sing something back. We were quiet, but it was like a morgue over there! Understandable, though.... To an extent.

There was even a few ''Sing up the Jarrold'' chants too...

The songs an embarrasment.No response from us because they guys in the snake pit are pathetic, if they sang songs to help the team then of course they would get a response as proved in the first 10 mins.The whole chant may be a bit of banter but the barclay would rather watch the game and support the team rather than pretend to be loyal supporters by singing that cr*p

[quote user="Cody Mac"]The songs an embarrasment.

No response from us because they guys in the snake pit are pathetic, if they sang songs to help the team then of course they would get a response as proved in the first 10 mins.

The whole chant may be a bit of banter but the barclay would rather watch the game and support the team rather than pretend to be loyal supporters by singing that cr*p
[/quote]

Or alternatively, of course, support the team by sitting there silently like you did on Saturday.

Good on you chap. Nice one.

the barclay often just ignore the snakepit anyway... i dunno how many times i hear the snake pit starting "we''re the snakepit, we''re the snake pit..." only for it to die out 10 seconds later cos the barclay cant be assed to entertain them.

I find that song - "we''re the Barclay over here" repeated by the snakepit, very embarrassing as it sound likes a song that scouts would sing around the campfire!

Though it is harmless and the guy who started this thread needs to chill!