Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

You win naff all in September!

[quote user="whoareyou"]The teams that go off at a sprint at the start of the season are rarely there at the end of the season. You need to finish the season well to get promoted.[/quote]

Hoo bloody ray mate, well said and sussed![Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]The teams that go off at a sprint at the start of the season are rarely there at the end of the season. You need to finish the season well to get promoted.[/quote]

[/quote]

I read the topic as we will win naff all in September.

A freudian prediction from you old musty glass balls wiz?!?!?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

I read the topic as we will win naff all in September.

A freudian prediction from you old musty glass balls wiz?!?!?

[/quote]

The wording was You''ll, not We, Zipper, no slip at all.[:D]

Only posted a few times on here but every time I have agreed with Wiz.....!!!!

My only hope is Lambert can add some pace to the team, as,on Saturday we missed that option, all of our midfielders lack this so we ended up going side to side. McVeigh and Lappin are, in my opinion, not an attacking threat when teams sit. In addition, Jamie lacks the ability now to make the runs into channels to open up defences that come here just to sit and there will be many this year.......

A pacy midfielder, Centre half and forward in the loan market please, send Hoolahan and Donk on loan and we will be on our way.

[quote user="willo"]

Only posted a few times on here but every time I have agreed with Wiz.....!!!!

My only hope is Lambert can add some pace to the team, as,on Saturday we missed that option, all of our midfielders lack this so we ended up going side to side. McVeigh and Lappin are, in my opinion, not an attacking threat when teams sit. In addition, Jamie lacks the ability now to make the runs into channels to open up defences that come here just to sit and there will be many this year.......

A pacy midfielder, Centre half and forward in the loan market please, send Hoolahan and Donk on loan and we will be on our way.

[/quote]

I have to question the reasoning for playing Cureton and not Martin or Cody and leaving Hoolahoop right out of it, we needed him on Saturday the midfield were drastic at times, then he Brings rusty Russell on, To coin a frase, I hope someone knows what ther''e doing 

[quote user="willo"]

Only posted a few times on here but every time I have agreed with Wiz.....!!!![/quote]

Then you have good taste my friend.........and a ruddy good username.[Y]

Of course you win "naff all in September", who''s going to challenge you on that ? One swallow doesn''t make a summer either ! By the same token, one heavy defeat shouldn''t have resulted in the sacking of Gunn and Butterworth and the appt of Paul "Hoof ball" Lambert, all at huge expense and embarrassment to NCFC.

Many thanks Wiz.

Bob, where do you get this ''Hoof ball'' from? Sure, Saturday was one of those days, but to tag  Lambert''s tactics as this is absurd, were you at the Wycombe game?

Lets give McNally the respect he requires in the position he is in and the expectation placed on him to make considered decisoins for the long tern benefit of this club. We, as supporters do not have a clue what goes on behind closed doors, but if the result against Col U was as a direct result of poor mangement controls and practices whch had been noticed at senior level on a day to day basis, then in my view McNally has to earn his corn and act, end of.

That''s what he is paid for. Gunn, I am sure was handsomely rewarded each week for his role, in return you must deliver or reap the consequences. I''m sure it will be the same for Lambert, as it should be. This club has endured mediocre levels of achievement for far too long. High wages and high profile positions in high profile companies bring high expectaions, deliver or go.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

I''m remaining positive and trusting in Lambert completly, he''s a winner, I''m convinced of it...............so join me in that leap of faith with him at the helm of good ship City.[Y]

[/quote]

Pleased to see you are remaining positive.  I will put today down in the "bad day at the office" category, but it was a very bad day.  In fact, it was a bit like having your boss show the entire office a video of him sleeping with your wife and then sacking you after the film was over.

[/quote]

That is said with alarming detail and feeling.  I hope it is not confessional!!  Apparently there is a lot of that on the internet at the moment.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]Of course you win "naff all in September", who''s going to challenge you on that ? One swallow doesn''t make a summer either ! By the same token, one heavy defeat shouldn''t have resulted in the sacking of Gunn and Butterworth and the appt of Paul "Hoof ball" Lambert, all at huge expense and embarrassment to NCFC.[/quote]

Lets lay this myth now, Team Gunn had 21-22 games and a relegation to their name, Plus, the new board had no say in the Delia led, suicidal re-appointment of them!

As I said earlier Wiz, he was judged on performance, not on one game and I am sure McNally saw things that he did not merit a role of this magnitude.

just to set the record straight , when norwich reached the pay-off finals against birmingham at one point in march, we  were ten points behind 6th place .

its 3 wins... and we have to play the leeds and mk dons .. a point away and a home win against either or both would close the gap .

unless we dip into the loan market and bring in some quality sadly i cant see it happening but who knows .

[quote user="singing canary"]

just to set the record straight , when norwich reached the pay-off finals against birmingham at one point in march, we  were ten points behind 6th place .

its 3 wins... and we have to play the leeds and mk dons .. a point away and a home win against either or both would close the gap .

unless we dip into the loan market and bring in some quality sadly i cant see it happening but who knows .

[/quote]

I feel a Hex coming on![;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Hex maniac! [;)]

[/quote]A sort of ''hex'' pert in such matters, I hear

Bit late this, but seeing as no-one else has said it...

''Yeah, we dont usually win much in October, November or December either....''

I didnt even take my coat off in the first place for this one!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="singing canary"]i wonder if he will ever run out ..!![/quote]

The big problem will be finding Virgins in Lowestoft.

[/quote]

No problemo, we do a nice line in second hand rebored ones down here!

[/quote]So it''s not only the good folk on this forum that get to be bored by you then wiz Wink [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="singing canary"]i wonder if he will ever run out ..!![/quote]The big problem will be finding Virgins in Lowestoft.[/quote]

[/quote] [+o(]