Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

You win naff all in September!

Charlton , Leeds all storming away unbeaten at the moment, whilst we are a  pathetic 3 points off the playoffs, I''ll tell you this, if we''re there come January, I''ll be well pleased because you win naff all in September!

Charlton and Leeds WILL drop points as will Huddersfield, that is certain, whilst we are starting to have clean sheets in our defending and I have no doubt Lambo will soon delve into the loan market very soon to strengthen our side.

I''m remaining positive and trusting in Lambert completly, he''s a winner, I''m convinced of it...............so join me in that leap of faith with him at the helm of good ship City.[Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Charlton , Leeds all storming away unbeaten at the moment, whilst we are a  pathetic 3 points off the playoffs, I''ll tell you this, if we''re there come January, I''ll be well pleased because you win naff all in September!

Charlton and Leeds WILL drop points as will Huddersfield, that is certain, whilst we are starting to have clean sheets in our defending and I have no doubt Lambo will soon delve into the loan market very soon to strengthen our side.

I''m remaining positive and trusting in Lambert completly, he''s a winner, I''m convinced of it...............so join me in that leap of faith with him at the helm of good ship City.[Y]

[/quote]

If I were to judge the fate of our season on todays performance alone then I would say we are more candidates for relegation than promotion.

However, we have a long way to go in the season and our team and manager have shown promise, and what we are capable of.  Clean sheets are a good thing, now all we have to do is score lots of goals and pray Lambert keeps the side together if they go on a winning streak.  It needs some consitency so players can read eachother on the pitch.

I remain fairly positive too, and we have no choice but to trust Lambert.

I suppose you think Wiz that Cureton is a winner too then? I''m actually gobsmacked that Lambert is picking Cureton to start infront of Hoolahan, Mcdonald and Martin. If he can''t even get the simple things right, what chance do with have of getting promoted? We are now a massive 10 points off the automatic promotion places. We can not afford to let the gap get any bigger. And please don''t mention the play-offs because that is just a bloody lottery. Just ask any Leeds fans!

[quote user="colneycanary"]I suppose you think Wiz that Cureton is a winner too then? I''m actually gobsmacked that Lambert is picking Cureton to start infront of Hoolahan, Mcdonald and Martin. If he can''t even get the simple things right, what chance do with have of getting promoted? We are now a massive 10 points off the automatic promotion places. We can not afford to let the gap get any bigger. And please don''t mention the play-offs because that is just a bloody lottery. Just ask any Leeds fans![/quote]

You''re just not reading my OP properly..........so I''m not breaking sweat in a detailed reply.

[/quote]

Wiz come on me ole mate, we''ve definitely improved under him, but into potential top 2 contenders? No way.

Charlton and Leeds will drop points you are of course correct, but we will drop more still. I''m predicting we will be further behind them at the end of the season than we are now, but we will be in the top 6. That isn''t a compliment to us either. There are so many bad teams in this league, i think we will find it difficult not to be in the top 6. After a deadful start we are only a couple of points away from the top 6.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Wiz come on me ole mate, we''ve definitely improved under him, but into potential top 2 contenders? No way.

Charlton and Leeds will drop points you are of course correct, but we will drop more still. I''m predicting we will be further behind them at the end of the season than we are now, but we will be in the top 6. That isn''t a compliment to us either. There are so many bad teams in this league, i think we will find it difficult not to be in the top 6. After a deadful start we are only a couple of points away from the top 6.

[/quote]

Who knows Downloads, Lambo reckon''s he WILL use the loan market, so who knows WHO''S coming in or what will happen come the winter.

[/quote]

Like you completely trusted in Roeder and Gunny !!!

Poor Lambert [:|]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh for a straight up finger smilie!

[/quote]Pleased to see you are remaining positive.  I will put today down in the "bad day at the office" category, but it was a very bad day.  In fact, it was a bit like having your boss show the entire office a video of him sleeping with your wife and then sacking you after the film was over.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh for a straight up finger smilie!

[/quote]

You know when you changed your name to G Wiz in honour of Glenn Roeder.

Why don''t you change it to P Wiz, coz we all reckon you are full of wind and p... [Y]

Wiz I know you say trust Lambert but didnt you say that about Gunn, Roeder and Grant? I like Lambert but was annoyed at the dire hoofball tactics today and "Young jamie" would struggle to get a game for Rackheath Reserves at the moment.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]Wiz mate what do you make of Cureton? I know hes a bit of a favourite with you, but be honest mate he looks awful.[/quote]

I can understand Arthur why fans are getting frustrated with Jamie not scoring, but it going to be hard with high balls played in constantly to him, plus Lambo sees the team as a better formation with him in the side...........and his experience must help the younger players too.

However, I''m expecting a loan signing of a striker soon so we''ll have to see Lamberts atttitude to Jamie should that happen mate. 

I have no doubt Lambo will soon delve into the loan market very soon to strengthen our side..[Y]

[/quote]

I hope not. We have taken this route before any it very rarely works. I hope Martin is given more of a chance then resorting to loans again.

I''ve thought about this a lot and I think the reason we aren''t setting League One alight is simple. Leicester last year had a team full of players who were good enough for the Championship, because they kept the relegated team together. They strengthened in a couple of areas, but they had nucleus of a team. Charlton have this to their advantage this year. We were completely screwed over by Grant, with a plethora of naff signings, then Roeder made it worse by relying on the loan market and shipping out players who had an affinity with Norwich City. Thus dividing the playing staff and instilling general bad feeling about the place. Then, of course, our totally clueless board backed Gunn and let him bring in a host of freebies who simply aren''t good enough. We bought one player who was "proven" in League One in Nelson. However, he turns out to be a TOTAL donkey and we''re left with having to choose from Doherty and Spillane. Neither of whom are any good. Nelson is one of the worst defenders I''ve ever seen. I don''t care that he can head a ball, it''s pointless when you''re about a quick as a frozen turd and completely useless with your feet. It''s called football for a reason people. Oh, and ps, he''ll NEVER EVER score a goal like that volley at Hartlepool again.Still, I don''t think we should be written off just yet. We will win more games than we lose this season and I believe in lamberts ability as a manager. We have a good shape as a team and today, while lacking any creative ability, we didn''t look like being broken down. Walsall were obviously up for the game and seemed pretty well organised, this all contributed to what was possibly the worst 90 minutes of football I''ve seen from a Norwich side in a good long while. I''m counting the Col U game too! At least that had some excitement, albeit towards the wrong direction!Just remember, under the lambert regime we are YET to be beaten in the league. This bodes well for the future.

In truth, its a bit difficult to say where we will be by the end of the season.  Lambert has stabilised things but our next two games against two of the better teams in the league will show where we are in the pecking order. If we get through both of those games unbeaten then it might be time to get slightly optimisitic!

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]Wiz I know you say trust Lambert but didnt you say that about Gunn, Roeder and Grant? I like Lambert but was annoyed at the dire hoofball tactics today and "Young jamie" would struggle to get a game for Rackheath Reserves at the moment.[/quote]

Innocent on Gunn Arfthur, but yes, holds hands up on Ratty and Grunt briefly, although in my defence I didn''t want those two, or  Gunn, near our club as managers orignally.

Whereas, I wanted Lambo here (although Tilson was my first choice) thats a massive difference I think.

I doubt that much of this would have been discussed had the disallowed goal stood. fans are fickle, they really complain when winning. the microsciope comes outy when things aren''t going well.I note there are no comments on how well (or not) Walsall played. Despite the numerous whines abot ''hoofball'' this is what''s it''s going to have to be in this league. It ain''t going to be pretty and many times we atre going to be frustrated. Would should be understood is that we have kept thrre clean sheets after some previous high scores against us. This is against a back drop of having two different keepers, both loanees. A defender that is useless (as claimed) and quite a bit of mixing around of the line up.Yep, team selections do seem a bit odd but it''s often that we don''t know what is going on behind the scenes. Any problems off the pitch need to be sorted out in the next month or so and we should see a more settled side. It is early days in the season and Lamberts time as manager.A bit of patience might help.

[quote user="City1st"]
Despite the numerous whines abot ''hoofball'' this is what''s it''s going to have to be in this league. It ain''t going to be pretty and many times we atre going to be frustrated.[/quote]

Disagree mate. leeds and Charlton are playing attractive 1 touch football and it hasnt done them too badly so far has it.

Leeds have taken two seasons to work this division out and barely made the play off''s last time out, only a late and very good run got them there and by then, they''d ran out of steam-no way were Millwall a better side, but, as has been said already, they are a lottery anyway.

Leicester were the exception, rather than the rule last season. Even Forest made a job of coming out of this league, it was third time lucky for them. And Stoke were down here not so long ago, they didn''t get out at the first time of asking either.

Lambert looks to be building from the back-sorted the keeper situation out, now the back four. I''d go with Spillane and Askou as the CD pair but you need a big bugger in this league, so Nelson gets the nod. If we go up-long shot-he won''t be here for long next season.

I certainly think that Martin is worth a run with Holt in attack, the midfield seems to be settling down a little bit, but it would be nice if they saw the ball every now and again!

I agree with Wiz. It''s September, theres 40 games left to play and we''ve got a potentially very good team with a couple loan additions (A CB and a striker as i don''t think Cody is quite ready to start every game yet, although at the moment he''s probably the best option we have).

After our poor start we''re unbeaten under our new manager, kept 3 clean sheets with an obvious need for a CB.

Right now i''m staying positive

[quote user="Lambo"]

I agree with Wiz. It''s September, theres 40 games left to play and we''ve got a potentially very good team with a couple loan additions (A CB and a striker as i don''t think Cody is quite ready to start every game yet, although at the moment he''s probably the best option we have).

After our poor start we''re unbeaten under our new manager, kept 3 clean sheets with an obvious need for a CB.

[/quote] Potentially very good team ? sorry all i see is a very very average league 1 side nothing more nothing less and when we meet the better sides we are going to be in big trouble . No you dont win anything in September , but untill we get some decent footballers at this club we wont win anything ever.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="City1st"]
Despite the numerous whines abot ''hoofball'' this is what''s it''s going to have to be in this league. It ain''t going to be pretty and many times we atre going to be frustrated.[/quote]

Disagree mate. leeds and Charlton are playing attractive 1 touch football and it hasnt done them too badly so far has it.

[/quote]

Totally agree, what a crock.

You don''t have to play long balls in this league. Good passing football always wins against the long ball on average, thats why good teams don''t play the long ball.

If Barcelona was plonked into our league one, you think they would sell their good players and get some big blokes in cos you can''t play passing footy?

[quote user="NCFC League1"][quote user="Lambo"]

[/quote] Potentially very good team ? sorry all i see is a very very average league 1 side nothing more nothing less and when we meet the better sides we are going to be in big trouble . No you dont win anything in September , but untill we get some decent footballers at this club we wont win anything ever.
[/quote]

The forthcoming MK Dons and Charlton games - will see how ''top six'' we really are.....

as soon as he drops a striker who cant score if his life depended on it...

i cant judge lambert yet as the board (as clueless as they are ) had given gunn all the transfer funds so lambert cant put out his own team , so how can we judge his management skills ..??

if the team goes on to do well surely gunn should take the credit for the players he brought in , and if they end up being useless who do you blame ???

[quote]

If Barcelona was plonked into our league one, you think they would sell their good players

[/quote]They already have those good players, we don''t.(perhaps you could save up your paper round money so we could buy ''Barcelona quality'' players)

The teams that go off at a sprint at the start of the season are rarely there at the end of the season.

You need to finish the season well to get promoted.