Sign in to follow this  
different gravy

Pies

"Tryin'' to get some pie, I don''t care what inside it. I eat it anyway. I just want to be right beside it. Cover it with cheese, maybe gravy maybe mashed potato. Don''t bake one, don''t bake one. Don''t bake two, don''t bake two. Bake me three, ''cos two just won''t doooooooooo."

For those who are not aware of the above nonsense you can alert yourselves to the wonders of geeky internet animations below.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJrnkwRv64

[quote user="different gravy"]Did anyone have a cremated pie today? What gets me is city prides itself on the pies, but really go to morrissons before game and get a  better choice and pie!![/quote]

Unfortunately yes! Worst Chicken balti I''ve had anywhere...Is this what we have to expect now we are league 1?

[quote user="Hooleyfan"][quote user="different gravy"]Did anyone have a cremated pie today? What gets me is city prides itself on the pies, but really go to morrissons before game and get a  better choice and pie!![/quote] Unfortunately yes! Worst Chicken balti I''ve had anywhere...Is this what we have to expect now we are league 1?[/quote]

i agree... like the footy, it was fittingly rubbish

Must have been better than the half cooked sausage roll I had at the Sunderland game.

Knew something wasnt right when it didnt burn my hands. Broke it open and found raw sausage. Took it back to the counter from which I bought it and got a refund.

For this reason, I wont buy the food at the ground!

Alas it is not just the footy and pies that have gone downhill - what have they done to the goody bags? In the heady days of the Championship we could look forward to Kettle Chips and Cadburys (albeit prototype flavours like cranberry and earwax or something) but wot is the crap they are passing off as "goodies" now? Yesterday it was birdcage sweepings and assorted pound shop rejects. C''mon sort it out!

[quote user="W-H"]Alas it is not just the footy and pies that have gone downhill - what have they done to the goody bags? In the heady days of the Championship we could look forward to Kettle Chips and Cadburys (albeit prototype flavours like cranberry and earwax or something) but wot is the crap they are passing off as "goodies" now? Yesterday it was birdcage sweepings and assorted pound shop rejects. C''mon sort it out![/quote]

What time were they there? I turned up about 2.15 & they''d already gone.

I got to the ground at 2pm and there were plenty being dished out.....are you saying that as well as being rubbish they were also in short supply? This has to be a board sacking matter!

By the way - don''t put up with raw pies! Complain to Norwich Environmental Health...

You might like to check out the "Scores on the doors" ratings for NCFC - Delias gets 5 stars (out of 5) whilst the public catering gets just 3

http://http://www.norwich.gov.uk/intranet_docs/saferfoodawards/starratings.html#n

Check out the EHO report for the "pie palace" (sic)

http://http://www.norwich.gov.uk/intranet_docs/saferfoodawards/reports/09-00898-FOOD_SUM.pdf

Where has the Chicken Curry and Paella seller gone that was at the back of the Jarrold last season...have they all deserted us, doesn''t anyone love us anymore?

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Where has the Chicken Curry and Paella seller gone that was at the back of the Jarrold last season...have they all deserted us, doesn''t anyone love us anymore?[/quote]I think i recall seeing him on the first game of the season but hasn''t come back since.. funny that.

You think that''s bad, I went to Wembley yesterday instead of watching our drab (by the sounds of it) goalless draw and not only are the pies rubbish but they''re about £4.90 as well, now that''s taking the p*ss!

the prices are extortionate! i refuse to give a single penny to the club now.. my Season ticvket is enough.. the food is shambolic and im not giving them anymore money to piddle away on an area that doesnt need improving.. the service pre game and at half time needs improving drasticaly!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the prices are extortionate! i refuse to give a single penny to the club now.. my Season ticvket is enough.. the food is shambolic and im not giving them anymore money to piddle away on an area that doesnt need improving.. the service pre game and at half time needs improving drasticaly!

jas :)

[/quote]You''re not wrong. £3.30 for a 330ml bottle of Miller light. Apart from the fact they should be paying us to drink that sh*te, 1p per ml?No decent beers buy the pint on offer, just Carling or Worthingtons - the definition of bland. You''d think with all the good local breweries we''re blessed with the club would pull it''s head out of it''s arse and come to some sort of deal with them. The breweries could use the exposure and the long suffering supporters could do with something drinkable to drown their sorrows with. The food is an even bigger joke, like you say. Morrisons pies beat the rubbish they serve up in the Barclay by a factor of 10. So I''ve become a "pie smuggler" Seriously considering taking my own beer in too, at least then I won''t be propping up the shower of crap that passes for catering at Carra Rud these days. Seems to me they''ve just franchised it out to the highest bidder and b*ll*cks to any sort of quality control.A bit like the squad over the last few years really....

I''m no pie connessieur and I''ve never had one before at the football club, but I liked the sounds of the Chicken Balti pie yesterday, and was suprised that it was cheaper than I thought it would be, and tasted scumptious :)

I was disappointed with the balti pie yesterday. It tasted very strongly of raw cumin. Basic rule of Indian cooking is always cook your spices, don''t add them raw. I thought Delia would know that!

Good Idea Herb, It would be a win-win for all if they did some deals with local breweries.

Morrisons before hand for me. Coke + pie for under £2.

At Carrow Road a coke + pie would be around £4-5.

Fed myself with a good ''Oggy'' at the pasty shop in the train station, rather nice it was.I have only tried a sausage roll at Carrow.Never again.Broke a tooth!!!

So it appears that

either

**Delia has lost it as far as food quality is concerned.

or

*Delia''s has lost interest in the common folk.

Dear oh dear. What next?

Consistency is crucial in retailing cooked food otherwise people walk - and it''s the devil to get them back.

OTBC

Does Delia or her compan even cater for the Bars at carrow road?

I thought it was just some independent food company, from sheffield or something?!

Villa Park have the best pies I''ve had. I however don''t think I''ve had a pie at the match since the heady heights of our premiership season. Bring on the winter and the Bovril :)