Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Who was the last City player to lump the ball out of the ground ?

Before yesterday I can''t remember the last City player to do it.

It''s not something we are used to, having watched the neat passing football the City teams were known for. (Notice I said WERE).

[^o)]

Here''s a question. Have you ever seen a player at Carrow road hit a ball over one of the end stands (n+p or barclay)

I remember one....

Norwich vs Sheffield United. (i think the season we went up, or around then)

Jon Stead hit a volley over the top of the N+P somehow.

I definitely remember someone lumping it over the N&P in the 05/06 Stoke game. Could well have been Gallagher.Only one I''ve not seen cleared is the Barclay. Any ideas when that was last done?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Before yesterday I can''t remember the last City player to do it.

It''s not something we are used to, having watched the neat passing football the City teams were known for. (Notice I said WERE).

[^o)]

[/quote]

I can''t remember any neat passing football in 1955.

It could be just me.

You must have joined recently.[:|]

As a kid remembering to help the Norwich team push start the team coach (Cullings of Claxton?) along Layer Road until it fired and they all climbed in.  What fun it was!

Fairly sure I remember Ian Crook launching a free kick over the Barclay (in its current guise) in one of his last playing games for us.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]As a kid remembering to help the Norwich team push start the team coach (Cullings of Claxton?) along Layer Road until it fired and they all climbed in.  What fun it was![/quote]If that memory is unaided by Google, then incredibly well done. I used to work for Cullings in the school holidays… and the good lady now happens to live in the old Cullings offices (converted to a house obviously!)[:)]

[quote user="Barbie"]Fairly sure I remember Ian Crook launching a free kick over the Barclay (in its current guise) in one of his last playing games for us.[/quote]

I remember Graham Paddon do it over the Barclay, that was from a free kick, he turned to the city stand and held his arms out and we gave out a Whoooooos  

I think I can remember seeing someone volley it over the N+P during the cup game with West Ham a few years ago, think it was Hayden Mullins?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Camuldonum"]As a kid remembering to help the Norwich team push start the team coach (Cullings of Claxton?) along Layer Road until it fired and they all climbed in.  What fun it was![/quote]

If that memory is unaided by Google, then incredibly well done.

I used to work for Cullings in the school holidays… and the good lady now happens to live in the old Cullings offices (converted to a house obviously!)

[:)]
[/quote]

I don''t think it''s on Google.  Seems like a parallel universe today.[:S]

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Barbie"]Fairly sure I remember Ian Crook launching a free kick over the Barclay (in its current guise) in one of his last playing games for us.[/quote]

I remember Graham Paddon do it over the Barclay, that was from a free kick, he turned to the city stand and held his arms out and we gave out a Whoooooos  

[/quote] i remember paddon doing it too but cant remember who against as i was fairly young at the time

[quote user="canarywales"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote] i remember paddon doing it too but cant remember who against as i was fairly young at the time[/quote]

I think,if my memory serves me right it was in the old league cup 79-80season 2nd lg home to Gillingham  paddon got 2 goals the score I think was 4-2,  

I have to say that I have the privilege to be in this club!! I kicked a football over the Barclay stand... not from the pitch though... Long story, but it involved an Ipswich fan, lots of beer and 2 footballs :)

[quote user="B-ru"]I have to say that I have the privilege to be in this club!! I kicked a football over the Barclay stand... not from the pitch though... Long story, but it involved an Ipswich fan, lots of beer and 2 footballs :)[/quote]

And I hope you had a lot of fun doing it

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

oh brendan, whats that?? another double post????

stop it your just after post count!

[/quote]

Who even cares about post count?

Thats not the reason why i do it, its cause i remember something or notice something after my original post.

You actually take notice to some sort of post count league? didnt think so...