Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Can we still go up?????

[quote user="Lambo"]It''s certainly possible[/quote]

Before Lambert came, and we had that fool Gunn as the boss, I said relegation, under Lambo? the sky''s the limit, I''ve always rated him that highly.

[quote user="Norwichrossi"]Loads of games left to play and we have to play those at the top twice! Of course its still possible [/quote]

Of course, but we are going to have to improve further yet to beat Charlton and Leeds. We''ve improve a lot already though, so you couldn''t rule that out.

''ere you go boys and girls, your first outside opinion.Norwich will go up via the play -offs. At the start of the season, I would have said you and Leeds will go up. But now, not only are Charlton 8 points ahead of you but Charlton are playing good football too. If you want to go up automatically, your new manager needs to do some work in the transfer market in the January sales, buy or loan. That first game defeat might be worse than you''d imagined. It could effectively be worth an extra point to the other teams at the end of the season?Andy.

[quote user="HappyhammerAndy"]''ere you go boys and girls, your first outside opinion.

Norwich will go up via the play -offs. At the start of the season, I would have said you and Leeds will go up. But now, not only are Charlton 8 points ahead of you but Charlton are playing good football too. If you want to go up automatically, your new manager needs to do some work in the transfer market in the January sales, buy or loan. That first game defeat might be worse than you''d imagined. It could effectively be worth an extra point to the other teams at the end of the season?

Andy.

[/quote]

But 8 points is nothing at this stage of the season Andy, we''re still in August - just!

In context of how many points there are left up for grabs i would agree, however historically you need something llike 80-90 odd points to get automatic promotion and both Leeds and Charlton have a fantastic start and are like a 6th of the way there already with only a few games gone. I would say a huge amount is going to rest on those 4 games against both teams and as we are still behind them in the quality of our football, i would have doubts at the moment.

I''m hoping Lambert is going to bring in a couple of quality players still tho that could make me believe that we are going to go on a long unbeaten run. Next couple of days will be interesting! Love the final couple of days of the transfer window, 2 of my favourite days in the year, i sit there constantly refreshing the BBC site transfer chat section!

I just started to reply by calling you ''luv but, then realised that you might not be of the female gender, oops?Your''re right of course but, it''s an ominous and worrying start, to a new season, ain''t it? Too many more dropped points in the next half dozen games and the other two could be, "over the hills and far away", already.All the bestAndy.

Well I would probably take a play off place if offered to me now. But I still dont see why we cant get second place. Its only two games but Lambert looks like he is getting the team playing well. We are only two points off the playoffs. If we can go on a good run for the next 5-10 games we can probably get ourselves right in the mix

Of course we can still go up! When Lambert was announced I thought, like others maybe, who?? However, I am impressed with what he has done in a short time.

Doc is not good enough, never has been, no longer Capt and not in the squad, time to send him to Kings Lynn with the rest of the rejects!! He has already got the best from Lappin, 4-1 v Sunderland, but no disgrace, we played our part in a good match, and on another day would have taken the lead. 3 goals from the same place! If we start a run now, then the press and knockers will soon change their tune. Holt looks like pure class, McDonald is learning and I think will, in time, be very good, Curo has probably had his day. Young Smith also looks like a real gem. Lets see what develops ??

[quote user="yellowngreen"]

What a stupid post

now i remember why i dont bother to come on here much

not even in september yet

[/quote]

course we can go up agree  what a f uki  stupid post half of the supporters have written of our chances after 5 games , and change of manager , seem to whinge about anything and would complain if we won the bludy champions league , we are finally getting sorted and that was a good away result today so why so much negtativiity

I''m a lot more optimistic after seeing the game yesterday, but there is a long way to go.  I''m not too sure how we would cope if Holt got injured.  There seems to be quite a gulf between the top few teams in this league and the ones in the bottom half which is a lot different from the Championship where everyone seemed to be able to beat everyone else.  The crucial games will be against Leeds, Charlton, Millwall etc.  After we''ve played one or two of these we will get a much better idea of where we sit in the "pecking order". 

The problem we have is that we lost by a six goal margin against Colchester which has dented out goal difference, this could prove the difference between and auto and play off spot.

The idea that this division is going to be anything like the Prem, where you lose a couple of games and automatically assume you can''t afford to lose any more if you want to be in the top few, is daft. Below the rather pointless, in terms of competition, Premiership all divisions are far more competitive.

We could certainly do with going on a bit of a run, and defending far better, but the season is anything but over.

I remember 85/86 extremely well, when after relegation we lost 4 of our first 8(ish) games, but won the Second division title at a canter. I think we lost 8 games in total that season.