Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

Lambert or Bothroyd???

Well as Bothroyd was a touted target which would you prefer????personally im happy with Lambert,all things considered i think we got the best man! i guess time will tell!

Don''t like either of them really, I think they are both impact managers, not much good for clubs'' long term success 

Lambert reminds me so much of Peter Grant [:@] that I find it difficult to be confident in him, but he''s the one we have got so just have to hope . . . . .

I must confess that I do feel a litlle uneasy that we may have backed the wrong horse. Not only will Colchester get our compensation but they might also have got the better manager.

The only thing that tempers this is the fact that its difficult to compare like for like with very different resources at either managers''s disposal.

There is only so far Boothroyd can go with Colchester, If Lambert can be succesful here his opportunity is almost limitless

Personally I don''t really like Lambert, he strikes me as having the potential to be very unpleasant, but so long as he is doing well then I am happy. As for Aidy, despite being a popular choice with many I cannot see past his negative Wimbledon style tactics, Norwich has always been a team admired for its passing, I fear that would die under him.

[quote user="Norfolk Dumpling"]By next May the league table will answer this question?

Put your money on Lambert[/quote]i would be happy to take a bet on with anyone.......£1 for every point difference between col and us!

You have to go with Lambert. He''s changed the team to assess all the players and managed 2 league wins and a JPS victory. Appears to be a good motivator and has made some brave and positive selections to get the desired results. Seems to be a good judge of players abilities and how they will perform as a team. Of course it couls all go tits up but I feel more positive about our future than I have for a long time. [:)]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Lambert for me

On the brightside if things go tits up we can raid Colchester again for  Boothroyd
[/quote]

No you won''t.  We''ve finished with you until you come up with the money.[:)]

I don''t think there''s much difference between them in this league especially.

Maybe if this were the prem i would say Lambert, but i think the difference atm is negligible. Anyone was better than Gunn.

Isnt the whole issue with col u that they feel they had no choice whether lambert came to us?

Doesn''t really matter whether they will deal with us or not then does it?

Lambo for me, although boothroyd would have been my choice in jan, may and august.

Lambert every time for me, has just about enough experience and was a recent decent player.

Aidy was one of my choices a while back but I''ve had second thoughts as he gained his only success being a one-trick long-ball merchant - something I would not want for us. When he tried differently he failed miserably and was sacked to be out of work for quite a long period.

I would have been happy with Boothroyd.  I just have this concern about how well things went at Watford initially and then how pear-shaped it went.  It seemed that he had one way of doing things and one style and when the other teams found that out he didn''t have a Plan B.  All this makes me a bit nervous in the sense that what happened to Watford looked a bit like us under Worthy with everything eventually going sour.

I have to say I''ve been impressed with Lambert.  Some of his team selections haven''t been what I''d have done but they seem to be working so far (shows perhaps he knows what he''s doing and I don''t know what I''m talking about!)  So far he''s said the right things when interviewed but has also been quite up-front about the situation with certain players.  I''m quite happy that he isn''t "Mr Nice".  It keeps people on their toes.  I get the sense that over the past few years there''s not been enough of that and this has led to poor commitment from too many players.  It''s also worth remembering how he organised his team to cut us to shreds on the first day.  That was no fluke as when you listen to him talking about it he knew that we would play too open and without shape and with a chronic lack of pace in key areas.  He realised we had key weaknesses that hardly any of us realised were there.

I suppose I share the overall cynicism that most people have given the number of false dawns we''ve had over the past few years.  Grant seemed OK at first and so did Roeder.  We desparately need someone who can seem "OK" for the long term!  Overall, knowing what I know now, given the choice, I would definitely go for Lambert.

Some people on here make me laugh.. He wins 3 on the bounce (now waiting for the "it was only Brentford/Hartlepool/Wycombe" posts), and people start whinging we didn''t get Boothroyd , for God''s sake give the guy a chance .

If you asked me when Gunn was sacked, I would have preferred Boothroyd. But having seen the start Lambert has made, I am more than happy with him.[quote user="Camuldonum"]

You are currently happy with yours and Colchester are currently happy with ours.

This could change in the future of course[:|]

[/quote]This is football; it will change next week

We have a Stoke fan on our shift, for some reason he is obsessed with Hull and especially Phil Brown (Tango Man!) . He gets a bit uppity when we tease him about Stoke''s style of play .. but as you say.. look where they are now. but do you want to succeed playing like that is the thorny question.

I was not keen on the idea of Lambert but am starting to like him.I would not have been happy with Boothroyd as he is pure hoofball- you can get results that way for sure but I will never have the same passion for a team playing that way week in week out. I suspect Aidy would have had Doc as captain every day of the week, HOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

Lambert, if thinks aren''t bad enough having to watch Norwich play long ball would have finished me off.

[quote user="supercol"]We have a Stoke fan on our shift, for some reason he is obsessed with Hull and especially Phil Brown (Tango Man!) . He gets a bit uppity when we tease him about Stoke''s style of play .. but as you say.. look where they are now. but do you want to succeed playing like that is the thorny question.[/quote]

Personally, no.  But I''d also rather be away to Chelsea or WBA next  Saturday rather than Southampton.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="supercol"]We have a Stoke fan on our shift, for some reason he is obsessed with Hull and especially Phil Brown (Tango Man!) . He gets a bit uppity when we tease him about Stoke''s style of play .. but as you say.. look where they are now. but do you want to succeed playing like that is the thorny question.[/quote]

Personally, no.  But I''d also rather be away to Chelsea or WBA next  Saturday rather than Southampton.

[/quote]

PS: Stoke fans would be obsessed with Hull.  Like meets like.

[;)]

Lambert is a manager on the way up...Boothroyd a manager on the way down and has peaked already by the looks of it.

For the first time in years we have a manager who was doing well elsewhere and moving forward.