Sign in to follow this  
Snoots

Lambert - tactically inept.........

I get sick of this site since I have joined some people are so down in the dumps about Norwich all the time.

No one likes to see Norwich draw with Walsall !! But the fact is people we are not the Bayern Munich beating team anymore and have to accept we are in League 1 for a reason.

Now we were put in league 1 due to 10-12 years of ups and downs with the managment team but most importantly the lack of drive from the board....But Gunn came in when no one else would, no transfer window, no experience, players with no gritt and determination. The writing was on the wall.

I hate being in league 1 but want to be optimistic, going to grounds I have never been to before and cheering on the team I know and love.

These league one club are coming to play in front of 20,000 plus fans when they barely get 6,000 and they are having a shot at a big team in there eyes.

It will be difficult for Norwich to adjust playing against these teams, it may not be pretty football but points are points and we will get there and the players are the ones to prove their worth and as for calling Lambert inept well.......please stop depressing me and lets all try to look at the positives, however hard that may be OTBC!!!!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I think LOL is the only thing I can manage Nutty Nigel.

You are a bit of a [6] really aren''t you?

The old boy''s current XI did rather well I thought.  [;)]

[/quote]

Maybe I am Cam. But as a reporter you will appreciate that my post was factual. We won the 6th of those games 3-2 after being 2-0 behind and fans all around me cheering the opposition goals. But that''s more devilment even if still factual[6][:O]

And yes they did do well and not surprisingly I''m chuffed to bits for him[Y]

wow, its amasing how fickle some people are.We are in league 1, anyone thinking we are gonna steam roll needs to have thier heads checked.Play offs or bust people. Moan about Lambert come January at the earliest please !

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

I think LOL is the only thing I can manage Nutty Nigel.

You are a bit of a [6] really aren''t you?

The old boy''s current XI did rather well I thought.  [;)]

[/quote]

Maybe I am Cam. But as a reporter you will appreciate that my post was factual. We won the 6th of those games 3-2 after being 2-0 behind and fans all around me cheering the opposition goals. But that''s more devilment even if still factual[6][:O]

And yes they did do well and not surprisingly I''m chuffed to bits for him[Y]

8th in the Championship wasn''t it?

MANAGER OUT.

Who knows? But sort of relieved this end that you''ve got Lambo and we have the long ball bloke instead.

He did your 0-0 and we had our 0-0.

Knife edge game this end.  Fingernail biting and all that.  Down to 10 after 36 minutes.  Marvellous peformance and Okky''s clearance off the line after Ben was beaten was awesome.  Fair enough bought by Lambert for £45k from Dagenham but that was then.

Ermm......we''ll go with what we''ve got.  Very proud. [+o(]

[/quote]

8th in the Championship wasn''t it?

MANAGER OUT.

Who knows? But sort of relieved this end that you''ve got Lambo and we have the long ball bloke instead.

He did your 0-0 and we had our 0-0.

Knife edge game this end.  Fingernail biting and all that.  Down to 10 after 36 minutes.  Marvellous peformance and Okky''s clearance off the line after Ben was beaten was awesome.  Fair enough bought by Lambert for £45k from Dagenham but that was then.

Ermm......we''ll go with what we''ve got.  Very proud. [+o(]

]

10th after that QPR game, but then we went on to win at Cardiff with a cracking goal from Earnie that was worth the journey before losing at home to Wolves in another poisoinous atmosphere where many fans were more interested in protest than the football. Final position 9th. 14 points off the play-offs but a full 20 off the bottom three. Not good enough? Well maybe! But a fair effort none the less and a far cry from where we are now.

As for Lambert and Betty Boo... time will tell. I don''t think Boothroyd is the long ball merchant people allude to. Worthy rated him and was sorry to see him go. Worthy''s a good judge and that''s not just devilment [6] [;)]

The original poster of this thread is a clown, Lambert is a good man manager and has only been in the job for three league games. I would have taken 7 points from 9 before he started.

Shall i be the first person to point out that the draw Saturday were the first league points Lambert has dropped as a manager this season.

Can''t be that inept.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

He''s a manager that one can easily respect for the qualities I have mentioned but, rather like Roeder, he''s not particularly "likeable" although if he takes you on a good run no one will bother about that.

[/quote]

I''ve been dreading someone saying this. I''ve been reasonably impressed so far (a bit like when HE first arrived too) but with the discipline comments and those of some of the Colchester players, comparisons with the ''R'' word had occurred to me too. Please god he isn''t as bad as that with his man management!

What the fans who go to Carrow Road often this season will have to get used to is teams who will come here to play for the draw. The players will have to get used to it too and Lambert will have to come up with some way to take these teams on. This is the first team to come here this season who have tried this but they certainly won''t be the last.

As for judging Lambert after 3 games and slating him for drawing one game that''s just stupid. Sure there are some things to look out for, will he learn and adapt to this situation in furture? When we start playing head tennis again will he take off someone aand make changes at teh right time? If there''s a man mountain in defnece will the players look to cross it to an area where our players have a chance of getting it?

All these things are still under consideration and we won''t know the answer until the New Year at the earliest by which time we would of played Walsall at their ground where they will hopefully come out and play abit more rather than settling for a point.

Davo

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]The original poster of this thread is a clown, Lambert is a good man manager and has only been in the job for three league games. I would have taken 7 points from 9 before he started.[/quote]

The underlying point I made obviously escaped you. Gunn was pilloried from the start as having no tactical awareness and posters on here were quick to jump on the bandwagon baaing like the sheep that most (not all of course) on here are. On Saturday we witnessed a hoofball game bereft of any subtetly at all. Lamboot and his team must have know beforehand how big and tall the walsall defenders were and that Holt would not be likely to win up and unders and flick onto Jamie Cureton yet that was clearly the game plan - hoof the ball high and long and hope that Holt would get a flick on from which Jamie could feed. Jamie Cureton''s MO is clear - he plays well, exceedingly well, off genuinely big and tall strikers. Iwelumo was his partnet in the Championship (I hasten to add) just three seasons ago when JC won the golden boot, Today of course JC is older and not so quick and , therefore, even more reason to play to his strengths.  Dare I remember how well JC performed and how many goals he scored playing alongside Akinbiyi, another big tall and strong striker, all those years ago ? Lamboot must have known all of this, or he should have done,  but IMO what we witnessed on Saturday was the saddest representaion of Norwich football I think that I have witnessed in a very long time. It''s all very well calling me a clown and, of course, that is your right. However, most of you were quick to claim that Gunn (and Butterworth ? And Crook ?) was tactically naive and I was merely pointing out that Lamboot isn''t any better either. Gunn''s Norwich team bounced back to beat Yeovil 4 - 0 at Yeovil a few days after the freak result at Colchester. How''s that for man management skills and being able to motivate your players not to mention getting your tactics right ? His reward for that and some excellent player recruitment in the close season was to be stabbed in the back by the puffed up Mr David McNally when of course Delia should have stood firm and stood by Gunn. You can all ostracize Gunn if you like, being surprisingly nasty and spiteful in the process, but I predict that give it a few months and you will be calling for the "Boot''s" head as our beloved club slides down the 3rd Division table.

Mr. Franklin, I''m afraid there is one huge, insurmountable problem which you are failing to address; that is the inexorable ( & possibly accelerating ) decline in the fortunes of NCFC in the past few years.Whosoever''s fault it may be, & personally I don''t believe that any one person is to blame, something had to change.Gunn had a chance to save the club from relegation last year, brought in some decent players, got some good results, but signally failed to get them to perform when it mattered most. The lack of consistency in the team''s performance was his biggest indictment as a manager.The defeat to Colchester may have been a freak, but it still demonstrated the way teams under his management can capitulate. Nobody is saying it was going to happen every week, but a disturbing precedent was set.I really cannot imagine any team of "Lamboot"''s rolling over in that manner. There may be some pretty boring games ahead, but, as many people have said, I think that the "shape" of the team will be much more consistent & the players will be much more aware of what is required of them.The fond hope is that he can then take them on to the next level, starting to play the free-flowing football that we all remember & love. But you MUST do this based on a solid foundation, with the team collectively free from the fear of another Colchester being just around the corner.I am ever an optimist. Time will tell !

This board reminds me of the Col U one last season.  I said all year he was inept tactically but people just kept saying ''give him a chance'' etc.. well make of it what you will but lets face it, only club has come off better in all this and it''s not you.

[quote user="ron obvious"]

Mr. Franklin, I''m afraid there is one huge, insurmountable problem which you are failing to address; that is the inexorable ( & possibly accelerating ) decline in the fortunes of NCFC in the past few years.
Whosoever''s fault it may be, & personally I don''t believe that any one person is to blame, something had to change.
Gunn had a chance to save the club from relegation last year, brought in some decent players, got some good results, but signally failed to get them to perform when it mattered most. The lack of consistency in the team''s performance was his biggest indictment as a manager.
The defeat to Colchester may have been a freak, but it still demonstrated the way teams under his management can capitulate. Nobody is saying it was going to happen every week, but a disturbing precedent was set.

I really cannot imagine any team of "Lamboot"''s rolling over in that manner. There may be some pretty boring games ahead, but, as many people have said, I think that the "shape" of the team will be much more consistent & the players will be much more aware of what is required of them.
The fond hope is that he can then take them on to the next level, starting to play the free-flowing football that we all remember & love. But you MUST do this based on a solid foundation, with the team collectively free from the fear of another Colchester being just around the corner.

I am ever an optimist. Time will tell !

[/quote]

Ron, I couldn''t have put it better myself!  It''s about time some of the apologists for Gunn took a reality check.  Had he really been up to the job he had plenty of time to save us last year.  The awful way we simply capitulated last year with players who should have been well capable of keeping us up speaks volumes.  No shape, no plan, no heart.  The Colchester result was only the tip of a very big iceberg.  Bryan is a good bloke and will always be a Canary legend in my eyes.  He tried his best but was never and will never be a manager.  It''s interesting that in the interview with Sky the other week, when asked about his future he sais only that he would like to stay within the game.  No suggestion of applying for other manager jobs.  I suspect he knows himself what some people just can''t bring themselves to admit.

God I thought this wouldn''t be long in coming!

End of the day this club needs stability more than anything else!

I was disgusted by the treatment of Gunn, have long realised that no one has a magic wand and have reservations over Lambert all though I think we got one of the best managers we could of gotten!

I hope that Paul Lambert is our manager for a long time!

So tactically inept in fact, that he''s only won seven points from nine! Rubbish I tell you....I''d like to see what the thread starter says if we beat MK Dons now.

""""So tactically inept in fact, that he''s only won seven points from nine! Rubbish I tell you....I''d like to see what the thread starter says if we beat MK Dons now."""""

Hi, thread starter here ! Yep, the new manager syndrome has got Lambert off to a flying start with wins against Hartlepool, Wycombe and of course the home draw against Walsall. I shall be delighted if we beat Milton Keynes away next Monday because first and formeost I am a Canries supprter. Moreover, I shall be the first to praise Lambert if we win promotion and, frankly, if we do win promotion he can use whatever tactics he wishes if it means escaping this division. However, at this stage I am merely trying to cut through the euphoria bordering on hysteria which greeted the disgraceful sacking of Gunn and the appointment of Lambert. Gunn was not all bad, as witnessed by the srewd signings he made in the summe, the rehab of Lappin etc etc and Lambert is not all good, as witnessed by the dullest game I think it has been my misfortune to witness at carrow Road against the mighty Walsall in front of 23K fans. I have strong reservations about Lambert (Ihope he proves me wrong) and I was interested to read what Cam has said about him which only served to reinforce my apprehension about Lambert.

[quote user="Bob Franklin"]""""So tactically inept in fact, that he''s only won seven points from nine! Rubbish I tell you.

...I''d like to see what the thread starter says if we beat MK Dons now.""""" Hi, thread starter here ! Yep, the new manager syndrome has got Lambert off to a flying start with wins against Hartlepool, Wycombe and of course the home draw against Walsall. I shall be delighted if we beat Milton Keynes away next Monday because first and formeost I am a Canries supprter. Moreover, I shall be the first to praise Lambert if we win promotion and, frankly, if we do win promotion he can use whatever tactics he wishes if it means escaping this division. However, at this stage I am merely trying to cut through the euphoria bordering on hysteria which greeted the disgraceful sacking of Gunn and the appointment of Lambert. Gunn was not all bad, as witnessed by the srewd signings he made in the summe, the rehab of Lappin etc etc and Lambert is not all good, as witnessed by the dullest game I think it has been my misfortune to witness at carrow Road against the mighty Walsall in front of 23K fans. I have strong reservations about Lambert (Ihope he proves me wrong) and I was interested to read what Cam has said about him which only served to reinforce my apprehension about Lambert.[/quote]

The part that was "disgraceful" was appointing poor Bryan in the first place.  "Gunn" and "shrewd" in the same sentence.......that''s an interesting one!  If my memory isn''t deceiving me, wasn''t our Mr Gunn aided by his "shrewd signings" responsible for one of the greatest humiliations in the history of the club?  1-7 against the mighty Colchester under Gunn, 0-0 against the mighty Walsall under Lambert.  Are you honestly arguing that you would prefer the former?  Bryan was never cut out to be a manager.  He did his best but it just wan''t good enough.  We''ve appointed a proper manager.  Get used to it.  Move on! 

Seems like a good time to bump this thread. Quite amazing how bizarre some of the views on this thread really were 3 games in to Lamberts reign.

Also quite amazing to see how little Lambert has really changed (Holt , Hoolahan, Drury & Lappin ) and what a great base he built on.

And Essex Boi. I wonder if he''s been back? Do you think he still supports ''the club that came off best in all this''. Happy days.

Bob Franklin/Lord Snooty wrote:

"I shall be the first to praise Lambert if we win promotion"

I would be delighted to stand corrected, but I think we''re still waiting for that praise, aren''t we? Two promotions later.