Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

I don't like the p*ss taking......

At the game yesterday, I was getting pee''d off with the "who are ya" etc etc etc chants aimed at the Wycombe fans.  It annoyed me because Wycombe fans, as well as a lot of League 1 supporters are "real" football fans, and I have a lot of respect for them for sticking with their local side and following them around the country.  Fair enough Leeds Utd, as they are w**kers, but on the whole,lets try and forge some positive relations with some of these clubs and fans.  I dont mean that to sound patronising either.

[quote user="No Quarter"]At the game yesterday, I was getting pee''d off with the "who are ya" etc etc etc chants aimed at the Wycombe fans.  It annoyed me because Wycombe fans, as well as a lot of League 1 supporters are "real" football fans, and I have a lot of respect for them for sticking with their local side and following them around the country.  Fair enough Leeds Utd, as they are w**kers, but on the whole,lets try and forge some positive relations with some of these clubs and fans.  I dont mean that to sound patronising either.[/quote]

It’s called banter mate. I thought we were OK in the Barclay. Didn''t give them that much stick, we even applauded them with a few of their chants etc

Well i see what you mean, Quarter.

If we are like this to all fans when they come here, were not going to be a liked club are we.

I feel mightily pee''d off at away games when after just watching my club play horrific and get demoloished the home fans give us stick.

But true, its just banter of the game. All clubs do it so im not complaining really!

[quote user="No Quarter"]At the game yesterday, I was getting pee''d off with the "who are ya" etc etc etc chants aimed at the Wycombe fans.  It annoyed me because Wycombe fans, as well as a lot of League 1 supporters are "real" football fans, and I have a lot of respect for them for sticking with their local side and following them around the country.  Fair enough Leeds Utd, as they are w**kers, but on the whole,lets try and forge some positive relations with some of these clubs and fans.  I dont mean that to sound patronising either.[/quote]It happens to everyone - from Chelsea fans to Wycome, and also with the staff from the fat physio from Dagenham & Redbridge to Wayne Rooney.  The chant is just a bit of a laugh. 

I didn''t think we were nice little norwich anymore?I''m not saying we go and smash some peoples heads off but maybe we should enjoy a little bit of banter with the other teams.

Fair enough.  I suppose I dont want us to be seen as some kind of arrogant Championship/Premiership wannabe set of supporters.  Yep, in the Premiership and most of the championship take the p*ss to our hearts content, as we''ve always done.  Maybe I''m just being a worry guts wuss! 

[quote user="No Quarter"]At the game yesterday, I was getting pee''d off with the "who are ya" etc etc etc chants aimed at the Wycombe fans.  It annoyed me because Wycombe fans, as well as a lot of League 1 supporters are "real" football fans, and I have a lot of respect for them for sticking with their local side and following them around the country.  Fair enough Leeds Utd, as they are w**kers, but on the whole,lets try and forge some positive relations with some of these clubs and fans.  I dont mean that to sound patronising either.[/quote]

I personally couldn''t care less what visiting fans may think, we need to get back to a "fortress" Carrow Road, if that means sounding hostile to visting fans and players then so be it.

Whilst the football club may currently not be better than this level, we fans certainly are!

[quote user="No Quarter"]At the game yesterday, I was getting pee''d off with the "who are ya" etc etc etc chants aimed at the Wycombe fans.  It annoyed me because Wycombe fans, as well as a lot of League 1 supporters are "real" football fans, and I have a lot of respect for them for sticking with their local side and following them around the country.  Fair enough Leeds Utd, as they are w**kers, but on the whole,lets try and forge some positive relations with some of these clubs and fans.  I dont mean that to sound patronising either.[/quote]]

What a ridiculous statemnt.

This is exactly where we get the ''Little old nice Norwich'' tag plus reveals how ''Norfolk-esque'' (for want of a better word) some people are.

Fact is, when we were in the Premiership, many fans sang this, why should we be any different when we come up against ''lesser'' opposition?

I could give a monkey how we thought of by other fans, I just wish our own fans could get on, makes it very difficult when people come out with statements like the one above.

[quote user="No Quarter"] I dont mean that to sound patronising either.[/quote]How long have you been going to games? Serious question and likewise I''m not being patronising.Those sort of chants have been par for the course for as long as I can remember. Certainly they lack imagination but they''re just standard

The chant that Norwich fans sing that is really anal is "What''s it like to see a crowd" to the likes of Wycombe and Co...

I see No Quarter''s point to some degree, but I think that he picked a poor example of chant.  The Wycombe fans were a great bunch and proper footie fans.  Give them banter about the score or league position yes, but size of crowd?  Who gives a monkeys?  I would rather be pushing for promotion and have an average crowd of under 10,000 than be struggling at the wrong end of the table with 18,000+ season ticket holders.  That kind of banter makes us look more of a joke than we already are!

who cares if theres mickey taking. incase you hadn''t noticed - that was a football match. sounds like the theatre would be more your cup of tea.

Banter this end.  Expect it.  Take it on the chin this end and dish it back.

Sample:

"You''d never play us again.

7-1 7-1 7-1

And now you have the Judas chap

Win or lose you are stuck with c***p.

[:P]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="No Quarter"] I dont mean that to sound patronising either.[/quote]
How long have you been going to games? Serious question and likewise I''m not being patronising.
Those sort of chants have been par for the course for as long as I can remember. Certainly they lack imagination but they''re just standard
[/quote]

28 years.  Of course I know every chant in the book, I had a hand in coming up with some of them.  It''s the fact it''s directed at Wycombe fans.  Oh whatever!  Do you ever wish you''d never openened your mouth about something?  I do now!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Banter this end.  Expect it.  Take it on the chin this end and dish it back.

Sample:

"You''d never play us again.

7-1 7-1 7-1

And now you have the Judas chap

Win or lose you are stuck with c***p.

[:P]

[/quote]

We stole your manager, we stole your manager! [8]

Hows that for a p*ss take?