Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

THE REAL REASON

Why no one has heard from Gunn or Roeder is that they are still being paid there contracts buy the Club, rather than agreeing compenstaion, the club has decided to carrying on paying them a salary!! so when Gunnys rruns out at the end of the season and Rodents, exspect  to hear from them!!

I have never understood why clubs have to pay off their ex managers when they sack them! Yes they were under contract, but like in any job, you were not good enough, your fired....that should be the end of it!

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]I have never understood why clubs have to pay off their ex managers when they sack them! Yes they were under contract, but like in any job, you were not good enough, your fired....that should be the end of it![/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. The reason people get fired is because they''re not up to scratch or have done something very very wrong. Why should they be rewarded for incompetence by being paid to not work there anymore?

It''s like any other job for the purposes of employment law and the standard LMA contract includes compensation clauses because it is a high risk job.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]It''s like any other job for the purposes of employment law and the standard LMA contract includes compensation clauses because it is a high risk job.[/quote]

Thanks Cam. I didn''t realise it was law due to the nature of the job. Makes sense I suppose. Still annoying.

Its quite simple really. Neither Roeder or Gunn were sacked. Both had their contracts eneded and paid up which is significantly different from being sacked.

Had either done something which justified being sacked there would be no compensation, much the same as any other job on a fixed term contract.

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Why no one has heard from Gunn or Roeder is that they are still being paid there contracts buy the Club, rather than agreeing compenstaion, the club has decided to carrying on paying them a salary!! so when Gunnys rruns out at the end of the season and Rodents, exspect  to hear from them!![/quote]This makes perfect sense and accords with employment law and is beneficial for cash flow purposes. The basic premise is that you should be in no better or worse situation due to the emplyer''s breach of contract. The employer has the choice of either paying up the contract in full (or ,at least, the net take home salary multiplied by the number of months the contract had left to run and taking into account the tax free severance allowance of around £30,000) or paying the net salary each month until the contract expires. If the ex employee takes another job, payment would cease as long as the net salary was equivalent, otherwise the difference would be made up by the ex employer.The employee has a responsibility to ''mitigate his loss'' so the  ex employer could demand to see evidence that the ex employee had applied for suitable jobs.It is highly likely that compensation would be conditional on ''continued good faith'' on the part of the ex employee- i.e. a ''gagging clause''.