Sign in to follow this  
CanaryJames

David Perkins

Of Colchester United has handed in a transfer request.

Joiuned Colchester last summer, and scored in their win against us two weeks ago.

Is it possible he could be following Lambert here? A goal-scoring midfielder, so I wouldn''t turn him down! Not sure if just plays centrally or what?

I know there ws a talk of a "clause" meaning we couldn''t buy any Col U players this season, but not only is this yet to be confirmed, but I''d be amazed if it didn''t conflict with League ruling.

So, what chance Perkins in by the end of the window?

I don''t think we need any more players, other than back-up, we certainly don''t need more midfielder, with the exception of a player who can play on either wing maybe...

True, but apparently he can play on the left as well?

Wouldn''t be too suprised to see Hoolahan leave and Perkins join in truth, especially as he''d add something different in central midfield.

Shame we didn''t go for Johnnie Jackson really...

[quote user="CanaryJames"]True, but apparently he can play on the left as well? Wouldn''t be too suprised to see Hoolahan leave and Perkins join in truth, especially as he''d add something different in central midfield. Shame we didn''t go for Johnnie Jackson really...[/quote]

That wouldn''t have been very likely.  Jackson and Lambert had an ongoing mutual dislike - it''s why he left.

Good solid squad player I would say but nothing outstanding.  He has told the club he wants to go back up North because this is his first excursion into the South.  Looks as if we have told him he''ll have to wait until the new Manager comes in.  Replaceable this end.  Didn''t look as if he was going to get many starts this season.  I''ve personally no complaints about him - he''s put in some decent shifts for us but Hammond and Jackson far bigger losses.

Not a bad player but i''m unsure whether he can cut it at this level. Very small player but quite skillfull. The reasons for him wanting to leave are because he is from up north and apparantly can''t settle down here but his timing does seem a bit strange. There are rumours going round that he didn''t want to ask for a transfer while Lambert was here because of the way he would have been treated by Lambert,probably would have ended up training with the youth team like everyone else who Lambert took a dislike to.